HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Adam gase
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Adam gase
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 08, 2016 06:06PM

Gase by all accounts is going to be named hc tomorrow. Gotta say not thrilled with the first time coach route again but a wide variety of experts and commentators praise this guy up and down as a great potential coach. So I am conflicted but if he can bring in a top dc (Vic fangio is a name I've heard) I could live with it. Also rumor is Campbell will be retained for all you Campbell lovers out there.
Cautiously optimistic about this hire

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adam gase
Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: January 08, 2016 07:29PM

Really?!
I was hoping they'd wait for Hugh Jackson, who may have been able to hook Lovie Smith as a DC.
Underwhelmed to say the least if Gase IS selected.

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: January 08, 2016 08:43PM

After Cameron,Sparano and Philbin WHHHHHHY roll the dice on another unproven guy??

Don't get me wrong I hope the hype around Gase is true and he turns into a great coach for the phins, but I really really wanted a veteran coach this time, I really was hoping we'd hire Mike Shanahan he would of been the perfect coach for Tannehill and the team!

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: January 09, 2016 12:59AM

"Let's keep the losing seasons going!"- Ross

Date: January 09, 2016 04:31AM

I hope they were able to keep Campbell at some level. sad smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 09, 2016 05:15AM

Time to fail forward, backwards, and sideways fast..yet again!

Posted by: Flipperlord ()
Date: January 09, 2016 05:23AM

Ok..That does it.

Can't get behind another rookie head coach for a lost franchise.

I'm sitting this one out.

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: January 09, 2016 05:50AM

I'm not going to flip out and go crazy if we hire Gase.

I'm not going to say "I'm done with the Dolphins, this is stupid, F This!" if they hire Gase.

The hiring of Gase wouldn't be the same as our last two head coaches. Gase, at least, is a real offensive coordinator. Not an OL coach that had a O/Cor or Assistant Head Coach title just because they were in the league long enough for somebody to give them a title rather than promotion.

The hiring of Gase would be like the hiring of Cameron. From all decent outsider research, Gase looks like a decent O/Cor and who knows... somebody has to give him his first chance.

Cameron was a miserable failure, but I liked the thought process behind the hire more than the thought process behind the hiring of Sparano and Philbin.

I don't have high hopes for Gase, because I don't think his resume supports the level of interest that he is garnering. But, ehhh.... a highly sought after O/Cor who is young and getting his first chance to be an NFL head coach? It's not a bad idea, putting the specifics aside.

Date: January 09, 2016 05:59AM

Phins5.0 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not going to flip out and go crazy if we hire
> Gase.
>
> I'm not going to say "I'm done with the Dolphins,
> this is stupid, F This!" if they hire Gase.
>
> The hiring of Gase wouldn't be the same as our
> last two head coaches. Gase, at least, is a real
> offensive coordinator. Not an OL coach that had a
> O/Cor or Assistant Head Coach title just because
> they were in the league long enough for somebody
> to give them a title rather than promotion.
>
> The hiring of Gase would be like the hiring of
> Cameron. From all decent outsider research, Gase
> looks like a decent O/Cor and who knows...
> somebody has to give him his first chance.
>
> Cameron was a miserable failure, but I liked the
> thought process behind the hire more than the
> thought process behind the hiring of Sparano and
> Philbin.
>
> I don't have high hopes for Gase, because I don't
> think his resume supports the level of interest
> that he is garnering. But, ehhh.... a highly
> sought after O/Cor who is young and getting his
> first chance to be an NFL head coach? It's not a
> bad idea, putting the specifics aside.

Good luck with all that.

Gase has a great agent and is being pushed and marketed as a can't miss.....and of course we fell for it.

Date: January 09, 2016 07:17AM

It's Official. sad smileyRoss needs to sell.We won't be successful until he does.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: January 09, 2016 07:25AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 07:57AM by JoeFootball.

Date: January 09, 2016 07:38AM

Well, like I said a couple of hours before it was actually known that Gase was going to be the guy - I'm not going to jump off of a cliff because of it. I think there were far better choices (Jackson for one, not to mention any of the "outside of the box" candidates that would have been exciting and interesting), but I'll give Gase a shot.

I'll look to see if this "QB guru" and O/Cor can make our offense run with Tannehill. Anything is better than 3 yard dump off passes on 3rd and 12.

So now we turn to the coordinators and I'm worried. Does Gase care enough about the defense that he has a philosophy? Do we switch to a 3-4 with this hiring? And if we do that, do we turn Suh into Hanesworth and make him nothing more than a space eating NT, or do we move him to DE and hope to get JJ Watt/Bruce Smith production out of him?

I've got lots of angst about this. I see what Wrecks Ryan did to Buffalo's great defense, mainly by playing one of the best LDE's in the league as a linebacker. Rather than playing him in the Bruce Smith, DE in a 3-4 role.

If we get the wrong defensive coordinator in here and shift to a 3-4 we could very well end up with the identical Albert Hanesworth situation where we spent $100 on an impact player and then changed scheme to make him completely worthless.

Hope that's not the case.. or GASE.. hahah I kill me.

Date: January 09, 2016 07:38AM

Gase has reportedly already named Bengals defensive backs coach Vance Joseph as his defensive coordinator and it appears that he is bringing at least one coach from the Bears with him to Miami - Fansided

Can you say "GROUNDHOG DAY" ???

First time HC, Philbin (former OC) hires Cincy DB coach as DC.

Sound familiar?

Also....
Assts joining Vance Joseph’s staff @Bengals Matt Burke (LBs) #Bears Clint Hurt (DL) #Cowboys Jerome Henderson (DBs) source tells @NFLonFOX

Henderson was being looked at as HC this year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 07:42AM by JoeFootball.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 09, 2016 07:50AM

The Bears finished the season at 6-10 and, also didn't make the play-offs.
Excuse me if my excitement doesn't show.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: January 09, 2016 07:52AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gase has reportedly already named Bengals
> defensive backs coach Vance Joseph as his
> defensive coordinator and it appears that he is
> bringing at least one coach from the Bears with
> him to Miami - Fansided
>
> Can you say "GROUNDHOG DAY" ???
>
> First time HC, Philbin (former OC) hires Cincy DB
> coach as DC.
>
> Sound familiar?

Another hyped guy....Supposedly the Broncos were after him last year but Bengals blocked it....

Date: January 09, 2016 07:56AM

The saving grace here is that Gase actually called plays as an OC. Philbin was OC in name only. McCarthy called the offense.

probably similar to what will happen in Miami. I think Gase will be calling plays.

“I think he’s smart and he’s good under pressure. Meaning he’s a good play-caller. I think he’s creative. Very, very hard worker. He prepares his staff and the players very well. - John Fox

Manning said Gase is the smartest guy he knows. HAs a photographic memory.

Date: January 09, 2016 07:57AM

I won't pretend to know anything about those guys and whether they are good hires or not.

What I will say is that Cinci runs a 4-3, so I would expect us to continue with the 4-3 which removes a great deal of my angst.

So now it's on to two things:

1) O/Cor - is Gase doing double duty here like a bunch of coaches in that he'll actually be calling the plays on Sunday? Or who is he going to get?

2) Coordinator/Staffing - I really, really, really like Josh McDaniels. He is a great offensive mind and is able to scheme multiple philosophies, sometimes run the ball, sometimes rely on quick short passes, sometimes air it out. But he failed miserably in Denver because he was too young and didn't have enough NFL connections to put together a staff that was talented and trustworthy. He put together a staff that took every opportunity to stab him in the back and undermine him. Is Gase, who looks to be almost identical to McDaniels when he got his chance in Denver, able to put together a talented staff that won't be looking to usurp him?

At least we don't have to continue debates about the qualifications of head coaching candidates any more. We've made the decision, so now we can move ahead and debate other issues.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 09, 2016 08:01AM

I am EXTREMELY disappointed that we didn't at least wait for the wild card games, or even longer. They went for a guy that has mediocre credentials and bought into the media hype. This guy must have one helluva good agent. It's said he's really smart, and I hope that's true, because that's the only positive that I see so far. I'm really wary of this hire, and the other hires contemplated or reported.

Rick

Date: January 09, 2016 08:03AM

Gase is married to Joe Vitt's daughter. Former interim HC in NOLA.

Date: January 09, 2016 08:18AM

My issue here is the probable chance for confusion.

Gase was NOT the O/Cor in Denver when they adapted their offense to suit Tebow. That was McCoy.

Now, that was a much better resume, IMO. He could work with Orton as a pocket passer or with Tebow and the spread/read option.

Gase didn't do anything with Manning in Denver. If that wasn't clear enough before, it should be clear now that Kubiak is in Denver and Manning is struggling because he's not used to running this offense. Doing a good job with Cutler? Yeah, sure... but we've seen that before. Cutler has all the talent but can't put it together on a consistent basis.

Essentially, this is the high point for Gase. And the Bears' offense was still nothing to write home about. Sure, he got some career numbers out of Cutler but doesn't everybody for one year or so and then Cutler goes back to being Cutler?

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 09, 2016 08:26AM

eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley confused smiley

What are we, the tryout team for HC? This is just like tryout for QB over the past decade.

I no faith in this ownership/management. thumbs down

Date: January 09, 2016 08:38AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 07:58AM by JoeFootball.

Date: January 09, 2016 08:43AM

hiring a HC to fix a QB is asinine. To do that the HC would need to be spending all his time with the QB, in which case how is he managing the entire team if he's focused on one player? Why can't we hire an experienced HC and then hire the worlds greatest QB coach?
plus, it might just be that RT is never going to turn into anything more than he is now. IN which case we just made our most important hire for nothing.
when was the last time a hot OC amounted to anything as a HC? Serious question, can someone tell me? the only first time HC that did well that are coming to mind are all on the D side of the ball. Maybe Mike MCCoy but he was about to get fired this year so don't include him,

Date: January 09, 2016 08:55AM

Date: January 09, 2016 09:11AM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: January 09, 2016 09:16AM

I'm sorry old fans of this team and I'm sorry for me. If this were poker...at this point I would "fold."

Date: January 09, 2016 09:27AM

Ross is a Jets fan down deep.confused smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 09, 2016 10:23AM

So, newswise, has there been any move or announcement on Campbell? Must be pretty difficult for him.

Of course, an owner with sense who planned to not retain him would have, given the almost 8 or so weeks since Philbin, let him know right away and Campbell would have been hired as an OC on some other pro team and that would have been announced prior to this selection of another Head Coach would have been made.

I mean why even interview Campbell and go through the embarrassing song and dance if you really mean to hire somebody else NO MATTER WHO THAT SOMEBODY ELSE MAY BE.

Date: January 09, 2016 10:47AM

Campbell hired by someone as an oc? Please pass what you're smoking

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 09, 2016 10:53AM

ChryenB--They interviewed Campbell just to be courteous...this allows them to sleep at night.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.