HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Colts v. Dolphins Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Colts v. Dolphins Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 27, 2015 07:12AM

Colts are without Andrew Luck. Things could be interesting for them. However, injuries have depleted our ranks so substitutes are likely. The quality of play is an unknown and this game is up for grabs.

Game starts at 1 pm EST.

Go Dolphins. cool smiley

Colonel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Colts v. Dolphins Game Day Thread
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 27, 2015 08:15AM

Great start, Tannehill can't see the guy coming and try to avoid him? he sucks, sorry, still no pocket presence. Put Thomas in to see what he has

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 27, 2015 08:16AM

The way things have gone for Indy this year, they're more likely to win without Luck. I'm OK with that, as I don't see what win can do for us now.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 27, 2015 08:38AM

Nice pass Tannehill...at least Davis USED to be a Dolphin.

Date: December 27, 2015 08:45AM

Hapless, inept, maladroit...good day to build vocabulary.

Date: December 27, 2015 09:30AM

We're all running out of descriptive words to characterize the Dolphins.

I don't expect many more points from this offensive as the line can't push on running plays, nor can it block too good on passing plays.

They report that Tannehill has been sacked 180 times as of today since starting in the NFL. That's an NFL high. It's amazing that he can still stand up after all of that.

The defense...not much to say about them. I expect things to really falter in the late 3rd Qtr and go totally south in the 4th. I could be wrong...but I don't think so.

Just trying to relax now that Christmas is in the rear view mirror, so I'm not taking this game too seriously now. It's a forgone conclusion until Ross sells the team to somebody that has a clue on having good people at the top and below.

15-6. Half time is almost over...back to the game.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 27, 2015 09:30AM

Be upbeat folks. Like I said this is the first day of the draft.

Save your hopes for next week when we HAVE TO BEAT THE HATED PATSIES.

Date: December 27, 2015 10:52AM

tell me the NFL isn't after our undefeated season...unreal Falcons get the ball with 1:45 Pathers have one TO. Three straight offensive penalties stopping the clock...unbelievable.

Date: December 27, 2015 10:56AM

Whew, We may not have drafted him when we should have but Matty Ice just saved our Undefeated season. Perfectville...still population 1.smileys with beer

Date: December 27, 2015 11:00AM

Jesus that looked like pee wee football.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2015 11:12AM by KB.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 27, 2015 11:02AM

Hilarious , the Dolphins season. Funnier Pats win the toss in OT and elect to kick!

Date: December 27, 2015 11:04AM

forgot about that game so concerned with ours and Panthers.

Date: December 27, 2015 11:09AM

Lol. Our incompetence not withstanding this is turning out to be a GOOD day...Undefeated season stands, Patsies go down in defeat spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: December 27, 2015 11:19AM

72 season stands! smileys with beer

Back to this game. Anyone know the snap count on that play? Apparently the Colts did. Pathetic. Tannehill is going to be sore with 6 sacks today. Well, it's over 180 sacks now. At some point, he's going to get hurt. The O-line should be ashamed of themselves.

Landry's one-hand catch was thrilling. Good for him. thumbs up

One more game to end this horrendous season.

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: December 27, 2015 11:19AM

Sorry, I refuse to be pleased by the fact that the Patriots lost or that a meaningless four decades old record stays intact.

Jones wants to know why he isn't in the Pro Bowl? I can point out two plays this game, the dropped INT and when Frank Gore ran over him on way to a thirty yard TD run. That's why you aren't in the Pro Bowl.

Because all your statistics are as meaningless as Tannehill's are.

I mean, seriously. The main problem with the OL should be the rookie center whose never played OC before. Yet, only he and Tannehill knew the snap count on the 4th down gaming losing/winning play. How the hell does that happen?

The only players that actually seem talented and want to win on this team are Suh are Landry. And Landry is getting far more accolades than he should be, because he's just this decade's version of OJ McDuffie. A slot receiver that we've made our Primary Receiver. So while I like him, a fair bit, comparing him to Beckham Jr, is just ridiculous. He's not a big play, down the field guy. Take a look at the difference in TDs and YPC and then take a look at the # of catches. Catches are almost identical, while Beckham is in a different planet in terms of TD and YPC compared to Landry.

Just more Dolphins. Our best players are situational role players that can run up stats but not make the difference in the game.

And.. What happened today exactly with Cameron? Why, all of a sudden, they decided to throw him the ball? He has the best catch/drop percentage on the team (or at least, he did a few weeks ago), but we never target him. Today, we did, and he was open and making plays.

This whole team is crap, and I'm sorry, but after spending my afternoon watching this Colts/Dolphins game instead of better games like the Jets/Patriots or Panthers/Falcons or Steelers/Ravens, I'm not going to be happy that the Patriots lost and that a bunch of old guys still have their record intact.

The amount of teams that went from Championship Contenders and Champions to Horrible and back again to Championship contenders while we celebrate the 72 season and just doggie paddle in mediocrity is ridiculous.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 27, 2015 11:20AM

Help wanted: O-line Coach, Guard, Guard, Tackle, Tackle. Back ups.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 27, 2015 11:21AM

Defense stinks no doubt. But when you hold a team to 16 points, you should win. Four plays from the 5 yard line. 4 incomplete passes? Enough said.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 27, 2015 11:28AM

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: December 27, 2015 11:29AM

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 27, 2015 11:45AM

I agree. Tannehill lacks the "it" quality that QBs regardless of their physical tools either have or they don't have. Four shots from the 5 yard line, a franchise makes the throw to win the game. Lesser QBs throw 4 incompletions to lose. Case closed.

Date: December 27, 2015 01:18PM

Phins5.0 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a meaningless four decades
> old record stays intact.
>
>...a bunch of old guys
> still have their record intact.
>
> celebrate the 72 season and just doggie paddle in
> mediocrity is ridiculous.

Dude you're approaching the heretical lol. Seriously though the history and tradition of your team are part of being a fan...I mean would a NY Yankees fan call the murderes row team...a bunch of meaningless old guys? Would an Army veteran call the battle of the bulge some irrelevant skirmish 70 years ago? Even if you don't remember it, It has been part of our teams legacy and a point of pride for those 40 years. My best memory of the Marino years was Monday night at the Orange bowl watching all those 'old guys' in their street clothes on the sidelines cheering on the team while they destroyed the undefeated Bears. Have a little respect for your teams past, even if their present sucks. We are one week closer to a new season and another chance...and HELL YES our record STILL STANDS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2015 01:19PM by KB.

Date: December 27, 2015 01:23PM

Fins72 Wrote:
> I agree. Tannehill lacks the "it" quality that QBs
> regardless of their physical tools either have or
> they don't have. Four shots from the 5 yard line,
> a franchise makes the throw to win the game.
> Lesser QBs throw 4 incompletions to lose. Case
> closed.

...Mic drop.

Date: December 27, 2015 01:59PM

Date: December 27, 2015 06:04PM

Fins72 Wrote:
> I agree. Tannehill lacks the "it" quality that QBs
> regardless of their physical tools either have or
> they don't have. Four shots from the 5 yard line,
> a franchise makes the throw to win the game.
> Lesser QBs throw 4 incompletions to lose. Case
> closed.

Kind of hard to have "it" when the referees are taking away perfectly good earned points. And you either have 1/2 a second to throw and INT or get sacked. But you all will continue to see what you want to see. I saw it here when Dion Jordon was drafted. You people deserve 5-11.

See ya next year.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 28, 2015 03:16PM

Well it's almost over. One more game to go for this typically normal agonizing season. But I had a great time playing with my old VW this weekend while being oblivious as to what the goings on in football were. And Miko Grimes sure had a rant, huh?

Date: December 28, 2015 08:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.