HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Lazor Fired!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lazor Fired!
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 04:17AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lazor Fired!
Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 30, 2015 04:21AM

GOOD! Not sure at this point what effect they think it will have, but definitely needed to be done.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 30, 2015 04:22AM

Yes, Bill Lazor is out. Just heard it on the Joe Rose Show.

The "house" is starting to be cleaned out. Lazor's replacement? Does it matter?

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 04:26AM

Apparently they promoted Zac Taylor to offensive coordinator which is a curious move. Taylor is a QB coach and son-in-law of Mike Sherman. Why wouldn't you let a guy with a lot of experience, i.e. Saunders, handle these duties for the remainder of the year? Ross has as dysfunctional a front office as any franchise that I can remember. We are out-browning the Browns. The only firing that I care to hear about is Mike TannenBUM, and I know that ain't happening anytime soon.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 04:33AM

This is the eptiome of our staff...

Taylor has been with the Dolphins four seasons as the quarterbacks coach. It is his first NFL job. Indeed, it is his first fulltime coaching job. Previously, Taylor served as a graduate assistant coach/tight ends coach at Texas A@M from 2008-11.

His first fulltime coaching job. You can't make this stuff up.

Date: November 30, 2015 04:42AM

The temporary replacement for Lazor is just that, temporary. Does it really matter? Whoever they pick isn't going to suddenly improve the play of the guys on the field. We are in a bad way.

Pouncey is hurt and wasn't doing much to solidify the O-line before being injured. Running game was nearly dead with him in, and dead with his back-up who is a rookie that can't hike the ball in the shotgun or pistol formation. Our guards are lousy and Fox is playing poorly as well at RT.

Fortunately, we play a floundering Ravens team next that may not be able to take full advantage of our mess. Sunday will tell just how low we've fallen.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 30, 2015 04:56AM

Yeah, giving Taylor some time is just to give him experience and to pad his resume. Our season is over and nothing we do from here on out will make the slightest difference. Taylor is just keeping the clipboard warm and auditioning for the next coach...same as the rest of the staff.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 30, 2015 05:05AM

Maybe, JUST Maybe, it's like the corporate world. The CEO or other CxO KNOWS he's done and starts promoting all his supporters and buddies to 'VP of this, that or the other' to ensure their marketability for a new job. Wishful thinking maybe, but could Ross be getting ready to CLEAN HOUSE at the seasons end? Tannenbum, Aponte, et al??? We can hope.

Date: November 30, 2015 05:08AM

The person who should be fired is whoever felt that Douglas (who never before played center, not even in college) was an adequate backup center should Pouncey get hurt. This is the same Douglas who was unable to stay on the field as a guard having only to beat out Thomas or Turner.

I agree season is over (in fact it was over weeks ago). Winning is secondary to learning about what you have in your younger players. Tony Lippett and Bobby McCain should get lots of playing time because Jamar Taylor is not even close to being an answer at CB. In addition, Grimes looks like he's aged a lot since last season. I don't know if he's playing hurt, but he's been a shadow of his former pro bowl self. Ajayi should get lots more playing time because Miller is a FA and might not be back. Same goes with Hewitt and Vigil.

However, given Tannenbaum's overall incompetence when it comes to player evaluation, none of it probably matters anyway.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 06:06AM

Zach Taylor? This thing is going to get worse.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 06:27AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Zach Taylor? This thing is going to get worse.

It cant get worse than it already is. Its just a patch until they get a new coach and right right people next year.

The new coach is going to get his personel in.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 06:33AM

What "New Coach" would even consider coming to this dysfunctional mess except another unproven, inexperienced, rookie?
Anybody here feel confidant that Ross will do it "Right" this time?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 06:39AM

my worry now is what's going on in ufas heads like Miller and Mathews. Will they resign or just head elsewhere. Frightening thinking of Miller in a Pats uni.

Date: November 30, 2015 06:44AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> What "New Coach" would even consider coming to
> this dysfunctional mess except another unproven,
> inexperienced, rookie?
> Anybody here feel confidant that Ross will do it
> "Right" this time?

I have absolutely no confidence that Ross will do the right thing. The right thing would be to fire everyone and bring in a competent GM to rebuild this mess. Give him the power to hire his own coach and coaching staff. Let him make all the personnel decisions- draft and free agency. What we're going to get stuck with is Ross' buddy Tannenbaum who's best known for mismanaging the jets into cap hell and extending a QB who had proven he was a bust. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if TannenBUM ends up hiring his buddy Mangini to come in and coach next year. Then Mangini can be a 3 time loser. Think about it. A long long time ago we had Shula, Arnsparger, and Schnellenberger. Seems like a million years ago.

Date: November 30, 2015 07:19AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> inexperienced, rookie?
> "Right" this time?

Nobody in their right mind would have confidense in ross.

Date: November 30, 2015 07:21AM

If i was a coach the only way i would come coach the phins is if ross gave me complete control of who i hire.

Date: November 30, 2015 07:27AM

Not like Lazor was run out of town. (He doesn't believe in running.)

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 30, 2015 08:06AM

Hard to commit to the run and do it 20-25 times a game when you are down 2-3 scores every game, by the time the second quarter is 5 minutes old.

Date: November 30, 2015 08:13AM

Not just this game but other games...

The game last week or before that ayaji was hitting runs for about 9 yards a pop and he abandoned the run as well.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 30, 2015 09:09AM

This should have happened back when Philbin was let go.

Date: November 30, 2015 09:24AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 30, 2015 10:09AM

Look how s----l----o-----w-----l-----y, Ross does everything.

First, Ireland, then Sherman, ........long time then Philbin........now Lazor..........................................Tannebaum??????????

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 30, 2015 10:33AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Look how s----l----o-----w-----l-----y, Ross does
> everything.
>
> First, Ireland, then Sherman, ........long time
> then Philbin........now
> Lazor..........................................Tan
> nebaum??????????

I don't think I can EVER recall a staff that was this inept in the NFL. HC, DC, OC all gone during the year. Has that ever happened before with another team?

Date: November 30, 2015 10:35AM

Montequi the lions went 0-16 for a reason.

Date: November 30, 2015 10:37AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Montequi the lions went 0-16 for a reason.

I mean they were real bad...not that they fired everyone by midseason.

Date: November 30, 2015 10:48AM

So it's quick to you, Vic?

Date: November 30, 2015 10:49AM

But the other side of the coin is that if everyone is sucking at the same time, why not get rid of everyone at once?

So one might argue that two years is too long from that standpoint.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 11:09AM

This should get interesting, neither our HC Cambell nor our new OC Taylor nor anyone on our offensive staff has ever called plays before.... That alone should make the next game worth watching.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: November 30, 2015 11:16AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> This should get interesting, neither our HC
> Cambell nor our new OC Taylor nor anyone on our
> offensive staff has ever called plays before....
> That alone should make the next game worth
> watching.....

4 and 12 here we go....

I say OL or LB or CB.

We are weak just about everywhere.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 30, 2015 12:00PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> inexperienced, rookie?
> "Right" this time?

Well, Hooligan, Ross will get it right if he trusts the people who are in the position to do what is right. Ross shouldn't be allowed to make any decisions. Tannebaum, et al, should do the interviewing and once down to the top two candidates, then call Ross in. Until then, enjoy yourself somewhere besides Miami.

As I said earlier, Campbell would (probably) get a cursory interview, depending on how the Fins do under his tenure, but as of now, he will get an interview, but won't be seriously considered.

If the coaching candidates get the power they are supposed to get, then I can see quite a few people who would want the Miami job. It would have to be a hard nosed coach who knows how to fire up the team, and have the balls to let players know that when they screw up, they will be on the bench for a while to think about it.

Many players are on their way out. The new coach has to have enough personnel knowledge to know who stays and who goes. Some players are staying in Miami, either because of salary or because they are good players and the team can be built around them.

If Miami brings in a well established coach, then it (usually) goes without saying that he will be able to bring in some good coordinators.

Even bringing in a top notch coach, I scratch my head thinking about how in the hell is he going to get this mess straightened out?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.