Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Buffalo At New England MNF, Who will you root for?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Buffalo At New England MNF, Who will you root for?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 21, 2015 01:20PM

Poll
20 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Who do you want to win on Monday Night Football

There are 7 games left for all teams to play. Believe it or not, THEORETICALLY, an 11-5 season is still in reach for us.

Buffalo has beat us twice. And we play New England again and can split with them.

But if NE wins, then They will have beaten the Bills twice and that's good for us as far as division wins, the first tiebreaker, is concerned.

Okay...this is fantasy land but in the other poll I did, you guys overwhelmingly said you wanted to win out and try and make the playoffs rather than hope for a better draft choice. Right now, those two losses to Buffalo stand as a large impediment to making the playoffs.

But then again, the Patsies are threatening a perfect season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buffalo At New England MNF, Who will you root for?
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 21, 2015 02:58PM

I chose Buffalo as I don't want the Pats to go unbeaten.

No one in the AFCE is going to dethrone them this season, so at the least, no unbeaten.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 23, 2015 04:56AM

Chren thats not even a question.

I root for the bills.

We are not making playoffs anyways.

And about the only thing we can hang on is the undefeated season....

Thats the only thing we can brag about.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 23, 2015 09:30AM

100% what SamSam said

Date: November 23, 2015 10:26AM

Well, that's what makes the question. In the other poll, the predominant opinion was that instead of hoping for the best draft choice, we try to make the playoffs....if we try to make the playoffs, we need New England, who is going to win the East in any event, to beat Buff twice, so that we can compete under the division record tiebreaker.

Date: November 23, 2015 11:52AM

Well, as of right now, following the Dallas game, I am now voting for Miami to lose the remainder of their games for a better draft position. What does Miami have to gain, unless they win out? Nada!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 23, 2015 02:00PM

I'm pulling for the Pats to win by more than 7. I'd also like to see the first half go over 24 total points.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 23, 2015 02:11PM

I voted for the Pats so that maybe the idiot "fans" who want us to lose out so that we get a "better" draft pick (why, so they can clamor mindlessly for another Devante Parker "skill" player type instead of what we really need?) will shut up and go away because the Dolphins still have a chance (yes they do, until they are mathematically eliminated), but I really just want them to beat the sh*t out of each other.

Rick

Date: November 23, 2015 05:09PM

You guys are too much. ROTFALMFAO.

Date: November 23, 2015 06:04PM

The announcers just said that Miami fans are rooting for New England. I don't think so.

Date: November 23, 2015 07:43PM

Horrible. Bills made every late mistake they could make. Yes, the refs made mainly (not all but mainly) every questionable call in favor of the Patsies but when it came to the narrow gap one in a million play that was long on odds of making and vital, the Patriots made that play.

On the other hand, when it came to the easy, can't miss play that was in the hands of the Bills offense or the Bills defense, they failed to make it.

One thing they did that I have been advocating was that they hit Brady early and often. You should have seen those 6th round draft choice passes going into the ground.

Unfortunately, enough other Patriots rose to the challenge.

Tyrod was the real deal (obviously better than Tannehill) but made a few bad decisions for which the Patsies made him pay and got hurt.

Says a lot about EJ Manuel that they kept him on the bench not only reducing their chances to win but risking further injury to Tyrod.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 24, 2015 10:42AM

I only caught a few glimpses of the game while channel surfing. My hope was for the Bills to beat the Patriots--to give them a loss, because they are probably going to "clear the table"--we sure aren't capable of beating them. It sure looks like our 17-0 season is truly in jeopardy. Carolina looks really good too and remain undefeated.

As for us winning another game...your guess is as good as mine. Who knows. What do the runes say? grinning smiley

Even if the Dolphins wind up with a higher draft pick...there's nothing to ensure that our #1 pick isn't simply another Dion Jordan.

Date: November 24, 2015 11:13AM

It'll either be a bust or an injury.

Date: November 24, 2015 01:42PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I voted for the Pats so that maybe the idiot
> "fans" who want us to lose out so that we get a
> "better" draft pick (why, so they can clamor
> mindlessly for another Devante Parker "skill"
> player type instead of what we really need?) will
> shut up and go away because the Dolphins still
> have a chance (yes they do, until they are
> mathematically eliminated), but I really just want
> them to beat the sh*t out of each other.

Sorry, dolphan, the Fins have no chance. Yeah, we all know they are still "in the hunt" mathematically, but, if you have been watching the way they have been playing, they won't even sniff the playoffs.

We idiot fans are looking at the "future" for the Dolphins, not collecting a couple more wins and getting nowhere, except dropping even further in the draft.

You may be negative on the Parker pick, but if this organization would ever put him on the field and truly utilize him, I think you will see that Miami did not waste their 1st round pick on him.

BTW, I, and most (if not all) the Dolphins posters will not shut up and go away. You have your opinion (and we all wish for them to be successful) and the rest of us have our's.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 28, 2015 08:53AM

It sounds to me as if you want them to be successful, but only on your terms. "Sorry, dolphan, the Fins have no chance." You need to study the history of this league before you make naive statements like this one.
I don't really want anybody to shut up and go away. I may not agree with you - sometimes, vehemently - but I am interested in hearing other opinions. I may have gone a bit over the top on that one.
Having said that, we are only two games past midseason, there are still the six of the most important games of season to play, and I think its much too early to give up. We don't know if the ship is even sinking, why would you desert it now? For pie in the sky? Many of you posters give up too easily.

Rick

Date: November 30, 2015 12:48PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It sounds to me as if you want them to be
> successful, but only on your terms. "Sorry,
> dolphan, the Fins have no chance." You need to
> study the history of this league before you make
> naive statements like this one.
> I don't really want anybody to shut up and go
> away. I may not agree with you - sometimes,
> vehemently - but I am interested in hearing other
> opinions. I may have gone a bit over the top on
> that one.
> Having said that, we are only two games past
> midseason, there are still the six of the most
> important games of season to play, and I think its
> much too early to give up. We don't know if the
> ship is even sinking, why would you desert it now?
> For pie in the sky? Many of you posters give up
> too easily.

dolphan, what was the final score yesterday vs the Jets, and more importantly, how did Miami play?

That game proves my point...the Fins are going nowhere this season, except getting a good drafting position.

Be successful on my terms? The only terms I have is to win, not look like a team that doesn't belong on the field with any other NFL team. Is it coaching? Is it the players? Is it the FO? Is it the owner? You tell me.

Study the history of the league? I have, and the Fins have proven me correct in my assessment of them. What have they proven to you, especially after yesterday's game? They aren't even mathematically in the playoff picture, anymore. What are you now pinning your hopes on?

Sorry dolphan, the ship sank a few weeks ago. Hopefully, once the season ends, someone can get in there and bale everyone out and build a new ship.

Many of us posters give up too early? My friend, when you have been following the Fins as long as some of us have, you will understand that we are fully aware of where this team is going during the season. We saw it early in the season, but our hopes were raised when Campbell came in and the team did a complete turnaround, but then came crashing down and has remained that way.

Stay with us dolphan, I like your spirit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.