HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 22, 2015 11:52AM

I have been watching this game for over 50 years. I can't recall seeing so many stupid plays by one football team in one game. Most were on offense and special teams, but by no means all. One sequence in the late third quarter sums it up. Jarvis Landry watches a kickoff - a live ball - bounce out of the endzone and finally decides to fall on it on the four yard line. Three plays later, Tannehill runs for the first down, but out in front of him Jason Fox decides to grab the defensive man in a bearhug- even though Tannehill is already past the first down marker and right in front of an official. So, we have to kick. The kid kicker then decides that its a good idea to tackle the returner two yards out of bounds. The Cowboys get the ball inside the thirty.
This kind of stupidity went on all day. Fox left his brains in the locker room, but he wasn't alone. He had cost us a first down earlier when we were moving the ball out of bad field position. Landry must have left his there too, he had that stupid lapse in the end zone and also two dropped passes, stopping other drives. Rashad Mathews dropped one in his hands to stop a third. Tannehill left his there, too, throwing it right to a linebacker for a pick-six on a play that he had plenty of time on and an open receiver. He made a slew of poor decisions, he made them slow, and he held the ball too long many times. On the bright side, his downfield passing is better. That's not enough, I think we should bench him in favor of Matt Moore, Moore makes quicker decisions and throws long better.
His offense doesn't score anywhere enough points, and this day the offense put waaay too much pressure on the defense, which they handled surprisingly well, especially the young linebackers. One thing that bothered me was on Bryant's second TD, Walt Aikens was supposed to be deep help, but he couldn't decide who to cover so he didn't cover anybody. The linebacker was closer to Bryant than he was. What was this duo covering Bryant on this play for anyway? There are MANY more examples, but I'm sick of stupidity today.
As I said, the young linebackers Zack Vigil and Neville Hewitt were really good, as was N. Suh and Olivier Vernon, Grimes did a good job on Bryant most of the game (so why wasn't he covering Bryant in the red zone?!?) , Jones was good, and actually the rest of the defense did a creditable job. Stupidity and the offense cost us this game. We need more offense, we've got plenty of talent, let's sit Tannehill 'till he can get it right. Maybe we can jump-start him as happened in the Jets game last year.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 22, 2015 12:21PM

In defense of the punter, they were engaged as the went out of bounds. The much bigger return guy kept pushing forward...it basically ended with the punter holding on for dear life and trying to keep the returner from pile driving him as they went to the ground... What's he gonna do lay out like a runway for the guy to leave cleat marks on? Idk I think these modern day 'roughness' penalties are not always administered with ANY common sense. In another game I saw a TE catch a ball, turn, then lower his head into a defender closing hard...defender gets flagged for high contact...Jeez...it's a contact sport!

Re: Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: November 22, 2015 04:56PM

Didn't that punt bounce off one of the Dolphin players before the Cowboys getting it? Shouldn't that been a down ball?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.