Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The NFL wants the Pats to go undefeated. Do you think it was a td or not?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The NFL wants the Pats to go undefeated. Do you think it was a td or not?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 16, 2015 11:08AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The NFL wants the Pats to go undefeated. Do you think it was a td or not?
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 16, 2015 11:24AM

they've made that call all year. they need to revisit that rule this offseason.

Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: November 16, 2015 11:44AM

The Giants receiver had possession of the Ball, both feet were down, this was a terrible blown call by the officials, just a fact !! I don't care what kind of reasoning for incompletion they come up with, I will always believe it was Bshit call for the Patriots !!!

I don't know if the Pats have the refs in their pockets, but that sure is suspicious to me, just sayin !!

How long is a receiver supposed to have possession in the endzone, I guess long enough to allow the DB to knock it out of his hands ? That clearly was what happened. Anyone that denies that has to be examined. Pats got another one, that's all I can say..

This was a stinker, to say the least !!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 16, 2015 11:46AM

Hard to say, but I think that the Giants blew it by not running the ball when they had a first and goal with a little over 2 minutes left in the game. I'd have run it 3 times. If you get a TD great. If not, you run off as much clock as possible and let the cheaters use up their time outs and kick the field goal. As it was, it took Tammy Brady every second they had to get the ball into field goal range.

Date: November 16, 2015 11:47AM

Yes i would had run it as well......they had 3 shots to run the ball with new england having just 1 timeout....

Date: November 16, 2015 11:50AM

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 16, 2015 12:00PM

It wasn't JUST that call.

3rd 11:something to go, NYG 20 NE 10
-Danny Amendumbass returns a punt 82 yards that had NO LESS that 2 OBVIOUS blocks in the back but trips on his own feet SHORT of the goal line.
-This is followed by the Giants stopping Bount for a short gain, then SACKING Brady...BUT WAIT, WAIT! LATE FLAG...ticky tack PI call on the Giants giving the PATS the ball inside the 3 1st and goal instead of 3rd and goal on the 11.

Giants seemingly had an interception at the end of the game which was similar to the nullified TD IMO. He had the ball, his elbow hit the ground...doesn't that make him down? THEN the ball comes out...ground can't cause a fumble anyone???...IDK I suppose by the legalese of the rule the calls could be deemed correct either way...ridiculous.

I DO think you're absolutely right though, there are at least factions in the NFL that want SOMEONE to tie our undefeated season...and who better than their poster boy Brady? sickening.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 16, 2015 12:06PM

Once the 'call in' official explained how the rule read I had no problem w/ the call. I was still p*ssed and yes Robert Kraft is filling someone's pockets. Officials have been turning their eyes away from Patriot's calls for years now, sickening.

It also feels that the nfl has reserved the AFC spot for the super bowl for the Pats this year.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 16, 2015 01:04PM

Look at it this way. A team has the ball at B team's five yard line.

The QB hands the ball off to a running back. The running back pushes the pile forward and sticks the ball over the imaginary goal line with only that part of his hand holding the ball crossing that line with the ball.
Result? Touchdown! No question.

Then, following that logic, if a receiver runs his WHOLE BODY YARDS INTO THE ENDZONE, .....WAITS IN THE ENDZOE FOR AN ETERNITY......THE PASS THEN COMES TO HIM AND HE CATCHES IT FIRMLY (no bobbling), plants both feet down WHILE STILL IN THE ENDZONE and then he and the ball go out of bounds..................WHAT'S THE FRIGGIN' DIFFERENCE???????.

There is only a difference when it benefits New England.....this league is rigged to cheat for the CHEATRIOTS!!!!!!

Posted by: Damn-U-Kong-93 ()
Date: November 16, 2015 07:37PM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they've made that call all year. they need to
> revisit that rule this offseason.

I think this is the 2nd...maybe 3rd...no just the 2nd year I think that they have kept that rule in place.

Very frustrating to rehash this, but, similar to that damn "tuck" rule which went in "Pretty Boy's" favor allowing the newly anointed "America's Team" to win their first SB!!!!!!

IT IS SO OBVIOUSLY AN INCORRECT "RULE!" Yes, the ref's have been making the correct call all along-according to the wording of the rule.

It's another power trip for the NFL, and they love it! No offense Samsam, but I think the NFL wants to rip Brady's heart out. And they will. But on a BIGGER SCREEN, so all can see. Like a serial killer throwing evidence in the FBI's face. And, like the majority of serial killers, they will go too far with something that will blow-up in their face!!

e.g. This isn't big enough because it has too many followers, and I'll probably take heat now? But to be so closely tied with gambling games like FanDuel & DraftKings, the NFL is breaking their own rules. I can see the "Golden Boy" shaking his head & laughing. But of course the league didn't rip out his heart when he got caught!

I was never a huge Pete Rose fan basically because he seemed so....scholastically challenged?.?.?. But I do wish he would have handled his own gambling addiction the way Paul did. Which right there separates the 2 great athletes. Gambling was obviously thick in the psyche of Mr. Hustle. So thick he remained in denial for years continuing to gamble and get reinstated at the same time.

I probably know more about Pete than I do about Paul. I was working for the Reds my first year out of college which happened to be.....well college for me ended 1988; he got the hit 2 years prior I think, & then went down to Fay Yale & the boys sometime after. We were not allowed to even say the name "Pete" while inside RiverFront Stadium(think it's gone??) which I could see from my balcony across the river in Covington, KY. I haven't been back to that area of the country.....for personal reasons. e.g. freedom, heterosexual preference as opposed to forced....you know? Probably been a little too gabby.

KNick637

Date: November 17, 2015 06:11AM

I'm convinced the Pats have had a helping hand since Belicheat joined.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 17, 2015 10:49AM

Date: November 17, 2015 10:51AM

OOPS i forgot to call you imbecile.

I will do that on my next post.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 18, 2015 08:36AM

It is what it is.

The receivers have to understand that they must maintain possession of the ball. If they have to, carry it back to the bench with them to show they have maintained possession.

Catch and tuck!

Date: November 18, 2015 08:58AM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 20, 2015 09:46AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> #Eagles QB Sam Bradford MRI confirmed separated
> left shoulder. He wants to to play, see how he
> feels late in week. Also has concussion.
>
>
>
> If we can do it to bradford why can't we do it to
> queen brady.....?
>
>
> Can't wait till the bytch gets a boo boo. Courtesy
> of the phins DLINE.

Because Brady get the ball out quickly.

Date: November 20, 2015 10:46AM

captkoi Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > #Eagles QB Sam Bradford MRI confirmed separated
> > left shoulder. He wants to to play, see how he
> > feels late in week. Also has concussion.
> >
> >
> >
> > If we can do it to bradford why can't we do it
> to
> > queen brady.....?
> >
> >
> > Can't wait till the bytch gets a boo boo.
> Courtesy
> > of the phins DLINE.
>
> **************************************************
> ********
>
> Because Brady get the ball out quickly.

But we have gotten to brady many times. So when you get to him, make sure you take care of bussiness.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 20, 2015 11:32AM

captkoi Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > #Eagles QB Sam Bradford MRI confirmed separated
> > left shoulder. He wants to to play, see how he
> > feels late in week. Also has concussion.
> >
> >
> >
> > If we can do it to bradford why can't we do it
> to
> > queen brady.....?
> >
> >
> > Can't wait till the bytch gets a boo boo.
> Courtesy
> > of the phins DLINE.
>
> **************************************************
> ********
>
> Because Brady gets the ball out quickly.

I very respectfully disagree, Cap. I think most teams try to play coverage on Brady and I think he is a master think tank with quick eyes.

I'd say blitz him with everything but players on the bench on every play and you will see him come apart in pieces.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.