HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Just a Temperature Check at this point in Time
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Just a Temperature Check at this point in Time
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 11, 2015 11:21AM

Poll
26 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Would you rather we

Would you rather

1) Try and win out for the Playoffs

2) Not so much for a better Draft position

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just a Temperature Check at this point in Time
Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: November 11, 2015 11:38AM

Screw the better draft position, the only way this team will ever get better is by winning games.

Try and win as many games as possible and build something heading into next year, even if we only win 2 games for the rest of the season and draft 3rd overall there's absolutely NO GAURANTEE that we would be a playoff team next year.

No matter how frustrated I get with the team there is no way I can root for them to lose during the middle of the season, I can't stand that loser mentality.

Even if they are not built to go to the superbowl or make the playoffs at least root for them to win some games, games against teams with winning records and have the team build some confidence heading into next year.

Winning games and establishing some confidence would be a great start in turning the corner.

Date: November 11, 2015 12:55PM

Very good writing, Razorghost.

However, the Devil's Advocate (which attorneys are) would say

that since we are already (0-3) in the four games we play against our toughest DIVISION RIVALS, Buff and NE with the only game remaining being against NE who is now 8-0, and the only team we haven't played in the division is the Jets who are second place at 5-3 and we are tied for 10th place in a conference of 16.........................

Remember I'm not saying how I voted but hell, I'll confess. I voted with you Razorghost. But an ole fool for the Dolphins like me is no role model. I'm like the guy married to the beautiful whore. I keep hoping she'll be faithful but I keep getting disappointed.

Date: November 11, 2015 07:06PM

And of course one has to think about the number of drafts we've screwed up.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 12, 2015 10:36AM

I went for trying to win as many games as possible.

Because ive realized as chren says there is no guarantee we will be successfull in the draft....

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 12, 2015 07:19PM

Reality is the playoffs are out of reach for this team and this front office is inept at drafting. So...there's no point in me voting in this poll. Sadly our Miami Dolphins are losers either way. Winning out to make the playoffs? WINNING OUT? Now that's a joke! Thanks for the laugh Chyren! smileys with beer

Date: November 12, 2015 08:00PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 13, 2015 02:29AM

How about neither? No way we make the playoffs now, but I'm NEVER in favor of tanking.

Date: November 13, 2015 10:55AM

Hoping that the team be not so successful is not exactly the same thing as the players of the team itself actually and actively tanking, Vic.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 14, 2015 02:08AM

Win...period.

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: November 14, 2015 07:58AM

I think I voted incorrectly, but then I think the poll is worded oddly.

Either the playoff spot bit matters or it doesn't, so the 'try' is my problem.

I voted for lose, better draft pick.

If the other choice was win and go to the playoffs (even lose in the first round, whatever), then I would vote for that.

However, as I stated before and as was mentioned in this thread, with our losses to JAX and every division game, the chances of us making the playoffs are slim to none.

It's the coach's and player's job to "try to win and make the playoffs", they should never try to lose. But as fans, what should we hope for because what is best for the team?

The higher the draft pick, the better. The less room for error, even though we've wasted our high draft picks on non-difference makers like Ronnie Brown, Jake Long and Deion Jordan, doesn't mean that we will always do so. Eventually, we'll make a smart selection that will help win games for 5-10 years. Or, that would be the hope. If you can't hope for that, how can you hope for anything?

Date: November 14, 2015 09:46AM

The operative word is "try".....not whether we succeed. The other operative word is "hope"...though neither of these words may be in the poll.

The question looks to what we as fans should want now. Hell, if we could have our way, we'd all pick winning the SuperBowl but the question is do we as fans want to see the team try for the playoffs, given our odds, and risk falling way short and not end up with anything but a worse draft choice or do we "defer" our dreams and hope we end up with the best draft choice possible .....and, of course, then, not screw it up.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: November 15, 2015 08:52AM

I am tired of waiting till next year... What we going to pin our hopes on this crew picking a great draft??? I won't hold my breath...

Date: November 15, 2015 08:56AM

The way the Philadelphia game is going, we may have no choice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.