Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          OUCH! There was enough subtle action to convince me!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
OUCH! There was enough subtle action to convince me!thumbs up
Posted by: Damn-U-Kong-93 ()
Date: October 30, 2015 03:13AM

After majorly screwing-up a couple weeks ago, I'm gonna write what I know & see for the future of this team.

Last night was Bill & Tom & Gronk & the wrest of the Patriot dynasty finishing a game in usual fashion!
Starting a game how they would always like to, but?
Playing well!

Miami = Player performance was poor. But they hung well enough, missing obvious opportunities and unfortunate timely flags, and a couple huge plays of obvious miscommunication, missed audible, misunderstood audible, but I doubt we will know who, and as only fans and armchair QBs, if we do find out, that means a problem in the locker room with loose lips that we can ill afford right now!! We should not know!!!

I am one more game convinced that Dan Campbell can & will turn into a GREAT coach. Keep watching film, know & read people well, the ones you can trust so you know when you delegate, it is going to get done!!

Also, this team still lacks elite confidence! Give it to them, or instill it in them.

Yeah, no doubt our schedule is no cake walk. But we are right in the middle of all of it. 8-1, 7-2, maybe even a 6-3 finish gets us in only if our 6 wins come against Buffalo, NYJets, Patriots, Chargers, Ravens, & Colts!!!!
There is only one team on that schedule that, prior to game 1, is better than I thought they would be. The PAT's! And that is because of how they can plug in OL back-ups that play like starters. It's mind bottling! OK, the Giants are also better than I thought, but far from unbeatable on MNF in South FL!

Last note: when I watched the reply I thought for sure it was a pulled hammy because he continued straight leg movement. Either a credit to his incredible strength, no quit attitude! And if Cam....well, whether he comes back or not, I don't know the issue between the DL & the LBs? I have heard good things about our Sam & Will; Is the DL doing all they can to hold the blockers, or are they COMPLETELY fixated on getting sacks? Even if they are holding up the blockers very well, are our LB's(specifically Mike) good enough to bring down a runner by themselves? All of them???

THIS IS OUR COACH FOR THE FUTURE(if the players do what they did to Philbin, he is gone! If they fight 'til the end, playoffs or not and win games in December, specifically Indy or NE, we should keep him)!!!!
ps. Shula was 33 when he started with Baltimore; 40 when he took over the Dolphins. A GREAT age to make it to HC in the NFL. Heard stories about Shula that remind me of Campbell.

Here's for hoping the BRASS sees the same qualities!!smoking smileythumbs upsmoking smiley
smileys with beer

KNick637

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OUCH! There was enough subtle action to convince me!thumbs up
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 30, 2015 10:36AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a great post!

Date: October 31, 2015 12:26AM

My time of the day: 4:20AM, all are asleep with sugar plums ....(asking myself this question since I'm somewhat keeping a log; ChyrenB, meant no offense, welcome to say anything....well anyone is actually as I turn even brighter red laughing to myself; not my Forum) What are sugar plums? candy I see.

So I found out, I'm gonna say I found out after we played the Patriots that Cam is no longer available to deliver flowers for FTD. Maybe Uber is hiring?

All summer long I was writing posts somewhere, commenting on what I felt was/is the most talented team in Miami for some time. But I was ultra concerned about our depth! At the time I was thinking, OK, I know guys are going down, please just don't let it be one of our LEADER/TOP PLAYERS??

I was wrong then, and wrong when I thought our season was in jeopardy upon hearing Cameron Wake was fired by FTD Florist.

I often forget this old cliché, but now is a time to bring it out, dust it off, and show everyone why it has held true for so long!!

I would like to thank Alexander Graham Bell for putting the act on paper for so many people that have lived one of his most famous clichés, and one the Dolphins will use this year to follow Dan Campbell into the playoffs.
"When one door closes, another door opens; but we so often look so long and regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us"

I think when a player like Wake goes down for the season, and the team is just starting to come into it's own, less athletic players; less than Wake, will step-up, step forward and play even harder.

The NFL has counted us out TWICE already this year!!! Excuse me, I mean many announcers for bigtime Networks not necessarily affiliated with the NFL(right?? dum-de-dum).

A big THANK-YOU to all those throwing the Phins out of the playoff push!! Because NOW! Without Cam, we are really gonna play strong FOOTBALL.

Did anyone think we would win in Foxboro where they are like 47-4 at night games?? Forget about it and forget about Cam(no offense bud, but we have to)! We are going to the playoffs this year, PERIOD!!!

KNick637

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 31, 2015 04:25AM

I like your attitude
So very much better than we-are-toast-our-season-is-over-tanny-sucks-i-wish-ross-would-sell-the-team-suck-for-the-draft-blow-up-davie-i-give-up-on-football-why do-i-waste-my-time-on-this-team?????
Time to aim a little lower.
Wildcard or bust.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: October 31, 2015 05:34AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like your attitude
> So very much better than
> we-are-toast-our-season-is-over-tanny-sucks-i-wish
> -ross-would-sell-the-team-suck-for-the-draft-blow-
> up-davie-i-give-up-on-football-why
> do-i-waste-my-time-on-this-team?????
> Time to aim a little lower.
> Wildcard or bust.

I'm glad not everyone is calling for a hangsman rope after this loss. The thing I aim for is a win this week. Many teams make the playoffs after going 4-4.

Date: November 02, 2015 05:27PM

I guess I'll say it again to remind myself of what I'm doing! Which is documenting what I hope the Dolphins will do, and trying; "TRYING" to be realistic about what is really happening with hope that they continue to put strong EFFORT in their play because the last 3-4 games of the season are damn near impossible to predict what will happen with teams other than the top 1-3, maybe 4 & 5!!
And I'm not doing this on my own site because I still enjoy seeing others views, on my stuff & their own. Even though I do not get replies because, I imagine, of my a__hole mistakes!!

OK, it's early for me 9:47PM. I just read one of those articles I do not like. I guess I would prefer confidence without such strong statements as we are going to the SB; Even though I hope for it each year.

Shelby-"I am no Cameron Wake!" Well of course you're not!! Your names do not even sound similar! You are an inch different in height, 10-15 lbs. difference in weight & that is it!!!! You made it to the PRO's!! You can find another level if you choose!! What do you think Belichick does? He get's players that the entire NFL thinks are mediocre at best, and he finds that next level, even if it is only for 1 Sunday!

But it starts with an ENTIRE TEAM CONFIDENCE!!! They have a player go down for Murder, but they continued. The top 1-5 player, QB, in the league went down in game one but they still went 11-5 becoming the only 11-win team since the structure change, to not make the playoffs!!

Cameron Wake did not have a Sack until the Titans game. Before I get too far out there in stating that CWake & DShelby could be the same, I know Wake was good! BUT!!!! He was able to mentaly, MENTALY find that next level! He did not make the NFL! He was playing in Canada when he found it, or some of it, and continued when reaching South Florida!!

You're setting up a great explanation for failure by your statements!! Don't do it!! Derrick, you can be as good as you want if you allow yourself to listen to the coaches, and have the mental feeling that you are one of the best FB players in the world!!! YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST FB PLAYERS IN THE WORLD!!

Whoever said it; Hooligan or Football God, we need to win them one at a time! We are in perfect position: Did anyone see the pole about who is the best team not leading their division? It was worded differently. But 8% felt the Dolphins, we were dead last! That is perfect! No one believes in us & no one needs to except us!!!! C'mon DAN, keep a positive mental attitude with this team!! Screw the draft or whatever. TODAY! TODAY! TODAY!
Forget Foxboro; at this time in history, no NFL team wins up there at night.
WE CONTROL OUR DESTINY!! WE JUST NEED THE MENTAL ATTITUDE!! THE MENTAL ATTITUDE!!

Don't make everyone else right! We are good, but need to be better this Sunday! We can do it!!!

KNick637

Date: November 02, 2015 05:36PM

Something I want to make sure I have documented: 10:31PM, 11/02/2015, play Buffalo in Buffalo! Have TANN run the ball!! At least 10-12 times!! QB option or read, whatever. They are gonna be coming!
Lots of 2 TE sets and screens to Ajayi, Miller or Williams. And LONG Balls in the 1st Quarter.

With Buffalo you can get down early and still win, so throw it deep early in the game. 2-3 times!!!

KNick637

Date: November 06, 2015 11:04AM

11/6/15 4:00PM
Negative feelings % points ahead of Positive feelings for Sundays game.
Very similar to the feeling I had last year before this game; big difference being location; head coaches for both.

KNick637

Date: November 06, 2015 07:13PM

Sexy rexy is no push over......but Dan is earning respect in the AFC . This is not a wipe out. We can win this. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 06, 2015 10:48PM

I agree only if we come with the Dan Campbell's, as ESPN anchor....what's his face says!? Very bad with names. thumbs upsmileys with beer

KNick637

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.