HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Was Joe Philbin on the sideline?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Was Joe Philbin on the sideline?
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 29, 2015 07:17PM

Every time we get a chance to show the NFL world something good, we blow it - usually in a big way. Well, we did it again.
I was very bothered to see Dan Campbell on the sideline looking like he wanted to cry. He should have been PISSED! I know I was, and I was surprised to not see that look on his face tonight.
The defense, after that painful opening drive that made it look too easy, played a decent game until the pressure and terrible field position that the offense gave them to work with became too much to overcome.
The offense did poor things all night, over and above Tannehill's two interceptions, though I had a objection on the one that Stills got knocked down on. They started the game slow and sluggish, the plays taking much too long to develop, and penalties put us in a hole multiple times. We were lucky to get a few first downs anyway, but in the end they killed that drive. It never got much better. D. Thomas continues to make his crucial 4-5 mistakes a week- on third and one on the second drive that we were moving the ball on early in the second half, he whiffed his block and his man made the tackle, stopping that drive. He surrendered back-to-back sacks in the 4th. Stills dropped at least two catchable balls, I believe both in the red zone. Sit him and start Devante Parker.
We gave short shrift to our running game, abandoning it early and never coming back to it with any conviction. I believe we had a total of 3 runs in the second half.The defense gave Brady's receivers waaay to much cushion- everybody and his brother knew that he was going to throw short!
The linebackers didn't cover anybody short, or medium either. The must have lined up where they couldn't cover either part of the field. On runs, they never set the edges, allowing Patsies RB's to consistently turn the corner. And they NEVER figured out how to defend a short crossing route.
There are MANY more lowlights that I could mention, but I'm just too disgusted to dredge any more out of my brain right now.
We do know one thing. We didn't punch ANYBODY in the mouth tonight.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Was Joe Philbin on the sideline?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 29, 2015 07:37PM

Did not get to see or hear any of the game until the 3rd quarter. The announcers were praising the Miami defense. But even then they said that if the defense does not get any help from the Miami offense, then Miami was going to lose.

That was precisely what happened.

I didn't see the first half but both Tannehill and his receivers were f*cking up BIG TIME.

The punter was silly!

No one has yet taught him when to kick bullets and when to kick rainbows.

He's kicking from about our own 20 and the fool kicks a rainbow, of course, giving the Patsies excellent field position.

When he punts from the New England 45 and you want a rainbow forcing them to catch it inside their 10 yard line, he punts a bullet out of the endzone.

Back to Tanny and his receivers. When he wasn't missing them, they were dropping good passes or at least failing to outfight the defender for the ball.

Sucked.....but had nothing to do with coaching.

The schemes were intelligent, right on point and lacking in nothing but the execution.

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: October 30, 2015 01:53AM

I disagree with the schemes being on point...

Running the ball a total of 8 times ALL game!!

Dan Campbell has the guys playing for him..that is not the issue....but the play calling on offense was terrible!

When you play Brady you need to slow the game down... Short passes ,,,screens and running the ball...

And.... You can NOT turn the ball over!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 30, 2015 03:07AM

that was a horrible offensive gameplan. we went on dimensional after two weeks of total domination with balance.

That was disappointing.

Brady will be the first QB elected to the hall for throwing screens and slants.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 30, 2015 03:59AM

Its very easy folks.

The new England Patriots were just in a better position to make plays.

This happens when you have an interim coach going against a hall of fame coach.

Its not that hard to figure out.

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: October 31, 2015 02:46AM

Let's give some credit to the Patriots. They are hot, well coached and playing well. We played on a short week...and we (offense) did not play well. I want to see how we respond to this.

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: October 31, 2015 05:47AM

A lot of ppl aren't happy unless campbell is jumping around screaming at ppl and making a fool of himself instead of dealing with it behind closed doors. Trust me, coach will be making ppl accountable for their performance against NE. Just in his own way, not in public.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 31, 2015 06:47AM

"The punter was silly!

No one has yet taught him when to kick bullets and when to kick rainbows.

He's kicking from about our own 20 and the fool kicks a rainbow, of course, giving the Patsies excellent field position.

When he punts from the New England 45 and you want a rainbow forcing them to catch it inside their 10 yard line, he punts a bullet out of the endzone."

All true, I can't argue with these statements. But I do believe the subtle nuances of the art of punting will come with experience. Still, I think you left out the most important punt of the night. The kid got off a 70(!) yard kick from his own endzone in the 2nd, leading to one of the few times Brady didn't have good field position and the defense was able to stop him. His only real gaffe of the night was his short 40 yard punt that did eventually lead to points, albeit only a FG.

Rick

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 31, 2015 11:01AM

Oh, Rick. Like I said, I came in in the 3rd quarter.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 02, 2015 08:17AM

It seems like, after we let them seize the momentum early, we regressed to what we had been doing before Campbell...passing 3/4ths of the time, trying to run around the end.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.