HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Off topic: World Series ticket prices?!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Off topic: World Series ticket prices?!
Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: October 28, 2015 04:24PM

Saw a report today that the average price of a ticket to the world series this year is $1,700. That's average. If you're a little strapped, you can get a standing room only ticket for a bargain price of only $800.

Call me out of touch but isn't $1700 to watch a baseball game a bit ludicrous? I can only imagine what a box seat costs. Or a luxury suite, holy cow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Off topic: World Series ticket prices?!
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 29, 2015 04:07AM

The cost of attending sports has gone wild along with player compensation.

You can't pay the players millions of dollars each year without taxing the fans at the stadium.

Recently I was talking with one of my boyhood friends. We saw Mets games together at the Polo Grounds and later at Shea. Ticket prices were low and we could do jobs around the neighborhood to make enough cash to go to games. We typically bought reserved seats in the PG. As I recall they were $2.85. Box seats were $3.65 and if you liked baking in the sun, bleacher seats were a whooping $.75. Players back in the 50s and 60s didn't make tremendously high salaries and fans could go to the stadium, enjoy the game, and not feel like that had been physically assaulted and robbed at gunpoint.

Times have changed.

World Series tickets come at a premium as do football tickets during the year and are outrageous during the playoffs and SB. I'm thankful for good TV coverage which has allowed me to continue following my favorite sports teams. Attending games is not in my fiscal budget.

Posted by: RSHphins ()
Date: October 29, 2015 09:04AM

Its all on the owners of every team. They are the ones who raised the salaries of the players.

Then the poor fans have to pay for it.

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: October 29, 2015 09:47AM

I guess the fact that even with these prices the stadium is packed is a sign to the owners that their pricing is OK. Just a shame that the average middle class fan can't afford to go to sporting events live and most big game tickets are bought by companies.

On a side note I heard the Miami Marlins hired Don Mattingly as their new Head Coach.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.