HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          OK, What is going on?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
OK, What is going on?
Posted by: Damn-U-Kong-93 ()
Date: October 18, 2015 09:17PM

First of all I would like to say that Greg Jennings Sucks! 18 passes thrown to him; 7 catches. I can confirm that 2 of those 9 non-catches were straight out drops and at important times. Both would have been first downs. But it takes two, and each of those drops would have hit Greg's bread-basket but he chose to use BOTH HANDS, 8 FINGERS, & 2 THUMBS (unless he is part cat? Information provided by Robert De Niro in that first "Family" movie with Binner Stell=Harry Carabina would have played with the last name for an entire 1/2 inning; better known as Harry Caray)
Couple of points to the drops: 1) 1st one would have been a 1st down at opponents 10 or 20 yard line. Settled for 3 I think, or we went for it later on on 4th down and were denied(can't remember which game?). 2) I feel this drop was more important because we were in our own territory, had accomplished ZIP so far, it would have been a first down, instead we punted. Against Jaguars, it was the 2nd or 3rd time we had the ball and a first down could have meant a lot!?!?!?

We had a nice stable of WRs when he was signed and we still had money for an OL position. At the time I thought it was a good move with their coach-player history; most of our WRs were young and bringing in a crappy vet... I apologize, did I just say crappy? I meant to say crafty but again my English teacher intervenes; Always go with your first impression! What first comes out. Greg is proving that little phrase of advice to be correct.

And now to divulge the meaning of my Subject line = "OK, What is going on?" I have expressed my feelings of Jennings pathetic play and bad signing. But if you glance at Ourlad's Depth chart for the Dolphins you will see Devante Parker the ONE & ONLY WR directly behind Jennings at 2nd string. All the info I received the last few days was that B Albert, B Grimes, & D Parker were on the "questionable" injury category for Sunday, but it didn't really matter, all were playing!!
So I'll ask again. What is going on? Did he get hurt in warm-ups, a play I missed, what?? No targeted passes at him. What is going on?
Please, somebody embarrass the hell out of me and explain that because of circumstances, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada, & I ordered the Lobster!!

Enough Negativity(although I want that answer).

GREAT JOB HC CAMPBELL!!
GREAT JOB DC ANARUMO!! GREAT JOB LAMAR, OL, DL, RESHAD JONES AND
GREAT JOB TANN!! How long will your doubters stay quiet? Never, you threw 2 INT's and they'll jump all over those as if because the errant route by Cameron could have made it a last second FG win by the Titans. They will come up with anything to blame you for not being Dan Marino.
Jeez, I knew it would be a hard act to follow considering the way he was basically pushed out or he would be competing for the start or carrying a clipboard. Another reminder that it is a very cruel business. As I said though, he would be nearly impossible to follow, I just didn't think we would still be having cry baby's SEVENTEEN-FLOIPPING YEARS LATER??

There are many QBs that were top 10's, top 5's, a couple top 3's, but other than the Packers, Colts, & 49ers(I'm sure I'm missing someone obvious, or just good quality!), IT DOESN'T HAPPEN!!!!! Teams are not blessed with a 15 year come from behind, count all his mistakes on 1 hand, PRO-BOWL STARTER, Super Bowl MVP, Injured maybe 1 or 2 times at most, and a city & NFL ICON! When one retires there is not one in waiting or you get the first pick of the draft which doesn't insure it. Stop complaining people and PAY ATTENTION, gonna say that again, PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT TANN DOES VERY GOOD, not what he can't do. That is KEY! That is how successful coaches win year after year. "What & who do I have that does what things good? We will find a way to hide, diminish our weak spots until someone figures them and we'll find another answer.

RAMBLE ON: I'll give you 1 example of a team with a great QB, he retired and they sucked or got stuck in mediocrity until a visionary trade.
Bart Starr played from '56 to '71. For 21 years the best they had was the "Magic Man." Don Majkowski from 1987-1992. Then Favre was traded from Atlanta.

21 years the Packers stunk or finished 7-7,8-8, 6-6, I don't know? But for God's sake leave TANN a lone. He is good! Y'all are living in the past, in Springsteen's "Glory Days." Its embarrassing is what it is.

KNick637

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OK, What is going on?
Date: October 18, 2015 09:32PM

CRAP! I attacked TANN haters. Not supposed to do that on this site. I don't know any of you personally, but that doesn't make it right!

I AM SINCERELY SORRY FOR COMING DOWN ON THE TANN BUNCH THAT WANT HIM REPLACED!
I had no right to step on your opinions like that.

I am SORRY & if I am not blocked from this forum, I give you my word I will never tell/advise/criticize any of you again concerning TANN.

The IMPORTANT part out of all of this is we won, on the road! And we have a ball-busting part of the schedule coming up. I think we can do it. It'll be tough as hell, but I think Campbell has our mindset "STARTING" to head in the proper direction!

Again, I'm sorry. No hard feelings on my part!

KNick637

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 19, 2015 04:35AM

You can't nitpick Campbell after only his first game as a HC. He was overwhelmed with information. Smart move on his part to appoint Rizzi as assistant HC. I think we'll see continued improvement from week to week. Tannehill looked more comfortable with Philbin not around.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 19, 2015 05:33AM

the turning point was the 97 yard drive. in the past we would have run the ball 3x and tried to protect the lead.

it's nice to see the staff have confidence in their QB. whether we scored or not we would have changed field position and killed the titans momentum.

that's a great start. now it's time to take care of houston.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 19, 2015 08:59AM

Damn-U-Kong-93 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CRAP! I attacked TANN haters. Not supposed to do
> that on this site. I don't know any of you
> personally, but that doesn't make it right!
>
> I AM SINCERELY SORRY FOR COMING DOWN ON THE TANN
> BUNCH THAT WANT HIM REPLACED!
> I had no right to step on your opinions like
> that.
>
> I am SORRY & if I am not blocked from this forum,
> I give you my word I will never
> tell/advise/criticize any of you again concerning
> TANN.
>
> The IMPORTANT part out of all of this is we won,
> on the road! And we have a ball-busting part of
> the schedule coming up. I think we can do it.
> It'll be tough as hell, but I think Campbell has
> our mindset "STARTING" to head in the proper
> direction!
>
> Again, I'm sorry. No hard feelings on my part!

If we can keep winning like that you can criticize me ALL YOU WANT! I think Huston should be another chance for a big win. They are, on paper anyway, worse defensively than the Titans. The real test will be 3-4-5 weeks from now when the opponents have seen our new look and our players are over the good feeling of the changes and of course, we aren't plying the AFC South lol...

Date: October 19, 2015 01:16PM

AGAIN!!!!!!!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY PARKER IS NOT PLAYING; GETTING TARGETTED BY TANN???

KNick637

Date: October 19, 2015 01:25PM

KB,

Yeah, you could "ALMOST" call those 3 games, all on the road, 2 against AFC East rivals, the tell-tale version of this season??

KNick637

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.