HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          New Beginning or Same Old Song?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
New Beginning or Same Old Song?
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 17, 2015 06:13AM

Tomorrow the Dolphins face the Titans (away game) with Dan Campbell on the sidelines as HC. The team has had time to digest the new changes and now the impetus largely falls on the shoulders of the players. They have to perform. Lots of questions....

Will the D make some plays? Will they be able to get a few sacks, put lots of pressure on the QB? Will the LBs close the gaps and stop the run? Will Brice McCain cover his man any closer or still provide too much of a cushion? Will Tannehill have any more time to scan the field for receivers? Can the O-line protect him from blitz plays? Will Tannehill be permitted to change plays, to scamper or roll out of the pocket, and will there be any designed QB running plays? Can the guards pull, block, and make holes for our running game? Will the running game become part of our offense?

Will Devante Parker actually play more than a few downs? Will Rishard Matthews continue to be a "go to" receiver? Will Jarvis Landry continue to show energy and spark or even more of it? Will Jordan Cameron catch a few TD passes in this game to spark the offense?

I could go on...there's so much to hope for...to see...an especially to learn if the team is now energized and invigorated with the new tough talking HC.

I'm looking forward to the game and getting some of the questions answered. How about you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Beginning or Same Old Song?
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 17, 2015 11:47AM

I want to see a game plan that makes the rookie QB have to beat us. 8 in the box and force quick decisions and throws.

I want to see us more balanced on offense. If we have to go two TEs to run the ball so be it. I also want to see our $94mm QB make some plays out of nothing.

I want to see the team compete. We haven't yet this season. If they go out and do that and lose I'm fine with that. No more quitting before the game even starts.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 17, 2015 11:52AM

I don't think this team will be quitting before the game even starts. Campbell will make sure that doesn't happen. I believe, although I (naturally) can't guarantee it, this team will now have some heart and pride in itself and will give it everything it has. I also believe that if a player or players don't give the effort, we will see them demoted on Monday.

Two things I want to see (which will be key for this game): The D line playing the way they were projected to play with Suh making havoc in the Titan's backfield, and the OL doing their job. If those two things fall into place, Miami, more than likely, will win this game.

Posted by: Damn-U-Kong-93 ()
Date: October 17, 2015 11:13PM

One thing that concerns me, and honestly I did not read about it, check the box stats, anything. Just the score and where the game was played! Buffalo 14 @ Tennessee 13. It's a "W" for the Bills, they are past it.

I hope our offense shows hints of last year? Man, I never thought I would say that!! But our "O" has stunk ..... heck, the team has stunk.

I truly think the main culprit is out(Philbin). He did not have HCing chops at all. Very thin skin.

One game at a time! The season is not over. Campbell was talking playoffs the other day.

This game, besides being able to tell almost immediately if we will stop the run, and 2 or 3 times as many 3rd down conversions. I really want to see Lamar, Parker, & Stills make big contributions!

KNick637

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 18, 2015 01:00PM

Did you see Suh on his "pass knocked down"? That pass was already past him- his quick-as-a-cat reflexes allowed him to get to that ball. I didn't know that he was that quick.

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.