HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          A Franchise Adrift......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
A Franchise Adrift......
Posted by: Flipperlord ()
Date: October 05, 2015 08:11AM

As many were during the offseason, I was very excited for the 2015 season. Great offseason moves...at least on paper..Playoff bound!

But I knew something was wrong immediately during the Washington game. When Alfred Morris hit the hole and gashed this defense for a 10yd gain on his first carry....then it happened again...and again.

It never stopped happening. Big things often have small beginnings and I knew with that first defensive series against Washington that this team was in big trouble.

So, here we are, 1-3 after 4 games and Coach Philbin had already lost the team completely and has been replaced by an inexperienced TE coach.

Suh has turned out to be a total and complete bust. He is a moody cancer in the locker room and will need to be released. His signing will DOOM us for the next few years as we will carry the cap hit...just like the Skins had to with Albert Hainesworth. His signing is a disaster.

Tannehill cannot throw more than 10yds with any consistency. Either he needs glasses or just doesn't have the ability to stretch the field..It's been long enough. Either he can do it or he can't and it looks like he can't. Another big contract to eat us alive after we have to release him.

There are many other issues on this team...Landry, Cameron, Matthews aren't the problem...Even Jonas Grey plays like an animal when they let him...The rest of the team...just a bunch of mopes.

There is no cavalry coming to the rescue. No Parcells regime or any other savior wanting to touch this team with a 10ft pole. Not with Tannebaum and Ross there.

We missed our chance for real change by not making this move last year and hiring Dan Quinn....who took a similar team of underperforming mopes in Atlanta and turned them into a strong contender.

For the first time, I'm really, really worried...even more so than after the Cam Cameron disaster...at least then the Parcells train was pulling into the station and things felt hopeful....

We could be adrift for the next few years...I hope I'm wrong, but the vibes just aren't good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Franchise Adrift......
Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 05, 2015 08:26AM

Flipperlord Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Suh has turned out to be a total and complete
> bust. He is a moody cancer in the locker room and
> will need to be released. His signing will DOOM
> us for the next few years as we will carry the cap
> hit...just like the Skins had to with Albert
> Hainesworth. His signing is a disaster.
>
> Tannehill cannot throw more than 10yds with any
> consistency. Either he needs glasses or just
> doesn't have the ability to stretch the
> field..It's been long enough. Either he can do it
> or he can't and it looks like he can't. Another
> big contract to eat us alive after we have to
> release him.

I still think Tannehill deserves a chance (a small one) in another type of 'system' but I'd be willing to bet half next months mortgage that you're right.

Same with Suh, like Marshall, or the numerous other 'locker room cancers' we have dealt with over the past 10 years it doesn't bode well for a 'professional' being paid that kind of money to show up and 'give up' on a team after just a game or two while showing zero leadership.

Posted by: Flipperlord ()
Date: October 05, 2015 08:36AM

Tannehill is fading..I think the problems he has just aren't corrected through coaching. He either has it or doesn't. He's not a completely bad player, he just seems out of it. Can't feel pash rush, can't time deep throws...kinda meh emotionally. Something is missing..you know like Henne was..

Suh was an unbelievable mistake....He will curse our beloved franchise (on or off the team) for the foreseeable future...Undoubtedly the next regime will HAVE to release him. He is just too toxic to have on the team.

Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: October 05, 2015 10:18AM

we have been adrift for many many years now, this is nothing new

Suh and Tannehill are the latest costly mistakes, but we made the same mistakes with Grove, Marshall, Wallace, etc.

the question is, how do we finally right the ship?

we have seen a repeat of this same exact drama over and over

a mediocre coach, a mediocre QB, the team coming out "flat" in most games, lack of a running game, lack of heart, this has been going on the past 20 years for the most part

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 05, 2015 10:56AM

Lots of posts here about Suh being a mistake.

The only mistake I would put on Suh is our signing him for $114M. He is a great player, but I think the scheme has been a negative for the D.

Going back to the $114M...Miami could have signed about three starters with that money. Instead, they signed one guy.

Saying this, if we get a good D Coord that will scheme to the team's strengths, then I think Suh will, once again, dominate, and Wake and Vernon will up their game.

With Campbell now on board, we will have to see what changes are made.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.