HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Help me understand.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Help me understand.
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 02, 2015 09:34AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help me understand.
Posted by: Damn-U-Kong-93 ()
Date: October 02, 2015 07:53PM

Fins72,
Man I wish could help you understand! I wish I could understand! Honestly, since becoming a fan in the early 70's for some coincidental reasons(I liked the colors; I don't know why, but I did? Maybe it was because the only games my region picked-up=Indpls, IN=was the Bengals, Browns & Bears. I liked color, that's all. Dad went to Purdue; we drafted Griese. I was #22 on my FB team, which also was the Dolphins, I was the TB and loved watching Morris run. There are some other things, but the connection was made 100% after winning 2 SB's in a row and the undefeated season)
Then Marino came along; the 80's & 90's were good except I did get nervous about completely drafting pass blockers. I didn't think a one dimensional team on offense(unless the "D" had a Lawrence Taylor presence)could win it all.
Back to your question. This year so far, unless they have an ace in the hole or are playing possum(I'm just praying & trying to think of anything)has been by far the most disappointing season I have watched in 40 years.
I watched Fox get beat, get penalties, whatever? I don't know how Joe Philbin can face the press with a straight face. I don't think he cares what happens to the Dolphins.
What I'm going to say now is just something I witnessed and immediately formed an opinion about.
Last year, here at Sun-Life,(live in FL now)we were on the verge of beating an extremely solid FB team, the GB Packers. One pass on a terrible defensive cover formation and we lose. As I'm watching people & players talking on the field, the camera is focused on Philbin. He's done talking with whoever, and Aaron Rodgers is running to his locker room, happy, excited(you could see it) and like he was running to catch someone? Joe tries to stop him with this big smile like he wants to talk with him. Aaron may have slowed and looked(can't remember), but he kept moving, passing Philbin by. Joe started to run after him for a second, but then gave up. You could see the rejection on him. I thought to myself it seemed like that was what he was looking forward to. He didn't care if the Dolphins won. He wanted to hob-knob with the players & coaches of GB, when he was on a winning team. I still think he is there emotionally. Watch the film if at all possible. Joe Philbin is not a head coach, at least of this team. When he is fired, and if he continues to coach, I wonder where it will be? Those few seconds said it all to me. I wonder if a player can sense that? I wonder if they all know he still wants to be in GB but green backs make for more stuff. He is not the head coach of the Miami Dolphins. He never was.

KNick637

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 03, 2015 08:50AM

Interesting observation. You would think that if Philbin meant anything to Rodgers, IF Rodgers considered him a mentor, teacher, coach, father figure, anything, he would make time to talk to him, wish him well, ask about the kids, anything. But, If Rodgers felt no special connection or respect he would pretty much do what you described. I watched the game but, I must have tuned out before seeing what you saw. I have no reason to doubt that it happened.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: Damn-U-Kong-93 ()
Date: October 03, 2015 01:35PM

Hooligan2,
I grew up a bit before all this amazing technology. I still have trouble with email, text & such because I read each word, sometimes thinking a coma here or period. My language is confusing, I know. My point: When I started reading your response I immediately thought you were dising me when I read, "You would think that....." and I hesitated. You would think that! My mind started= who is this guy? He doesn't know me! I would think that, what the heck?
Then I read on because it was the middle of a thought, not an insult on me!
Your quote is so true, but I do hope when I get to heaven, that I have a chance to meet many people, if it is anything like I was taught or raised to think??

ps Yeah, I would think that tape would be virtually impossible to find. Who saves the aftermath of a game??
It is somewhere! A needle in a haystack, and I want to see it again just for my own opinion.

Still, I cannot help it. I hope we turn things around in 15 hours. We aren't playing the Raiders though, it's a long-time rival with a lot of defensive talent and only missing a top 10 QB.

CHEERS,
KNick

For Miami:
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." A.E.

See you in heaven

KNick637

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 03, 2015 02:44PM

How did we not sign an FA O lineman instead of Jennings

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 12:07PM

Philbin has no clue when it comes to recognizing o-line talent, which is why after 4 years he still has no o-line! And, he used to be an o-line coach... how did he keep his job?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 04, 2015 12:56PM

gofins60 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Philbin has no clue when it comes to recognizing
> o-line talent, which is why after 4 years he still
> has no o-line! And, he used to be an o-line
> coach... how did he keep his job?

Sparano was an O-Line coach as well. Apparently those guys don't make good HCs. We need to stop that!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 04, 2015 02:55PM

In another thread, someone said that at this point they would rather have Henne than Tannehill.

I don't know about that but I can certainly say I would trade Philbin for Sparano and have Sparano back in a heartbeat!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 04, 2015 04:54PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> In another thread, someone said that at this point
> they would rather have Henne than Tannehill.
>
> I don't know about that but I can certainly say I
> would trade Philbin for Sparano and have Sparano
> back in a heartbeat!!!!

I liked Sparano. He wasn't the greatest but he gave his best effort and was enthusiastic. Had to look up what he's up to now. Tight Ends coach for the 49ers? Hey at least he has a job.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 05:25PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
>

That may have been me. I never hated Henne, although I thought that he could do better than he did. IMO, he was looking better right before he got injured. He also started to run a bit to keep from having a negative play and did okay. Best of all, he had a strong arm and could hit a WR deep... unlike you-know-who! I would rather have Sparano and Henne with a new OC and GM than Philbin, Tannehill, Lazor and Hickey.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 04, 2015 05:57PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
>

Fistpump!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 05, 2015 04:13AM

Rizzi or Lazor will be the interim coach if Philbin is fired...either that, or we bring in a guy like Sherman or Schwartz on a "show me" basis to finish the season.

If Coyle alone is going to be fired...Schwartz should have already been called and put on an inbound plane.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.