HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Phins Lack Heart.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Phins Lack Heart.
Posted by: CG ()
Date: September 29, 2015 03:02PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phins Lack Heart.
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 29, 2015 05:36PM

It starts at the top

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 30, 2015 03:15AM

Dont waste your money.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 30, 2015 06:22AM

In my estimation, the largest crowd the Dolphins will see this season will be the curious watching the London game. Jets should dominate and create a fan base because of the beating they will probably give to our hapless Dolphins. The curious are going to see American Football--it's akin to going to a rock concert. It's something cool to talk about the next couple of days.

------
I was around a lot of different military officers during my career. Most good ones had a little fire and were passionate about doing a good job, to get the troops to believe, and to properly assess morale. They were also cognizant of the more talented and worked hard to present opportunities for the talented and aspiring to excel. Most were inspirational with not just words, but with deeds. Those officers that were just talk, could not get anyone to do anything well, including the NCOs were left behind early and soon left the service. Superiors who wrote their report cards used a language code that told others the officer was below par.

It is regrettable that we have Caspar Milquetoast for a HC. He maybe passionate, want to do a good job, but doesn't have the leadership talent and spunk to make it happen. He is dull and unassertive and the team plays with the same uninspired dullness. In my opinion, the players, and the Miami fans deserve the opposite!

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: September 30, 2015 07:24AM

Colonel - I agree. Philbin was put into a position that he is ill-suited for. Coordinator? Yes. Head coach? No.

What irks me the most is the comments about "we need to do better", "we need to start faster", etc. Well, no %&^*. Isn't that fairly obvious?

There just appears to be no sense of urgency with this team.

While the talent may not be where it needs to be (o-line, LBs, etc), we were all expecting something more, at least being able to compete.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 30, 2015 09:35AM

We have hired a string of NFL inexperienced HC's. I still say one of the biggest issues is they are 'System Guys' they came out of a successful situation somewhere else and think they can do the same here regardless of whether they have the players to run the 'system'.

To me this links directly to the 'Lack of fire', 'No heart', whatever you want to call it. The players have played football most of their lives...they see when some grand plan isn't working on the field and it disheartens them not only because it isn't working but because their coaches seem to have NO CLUE what to do about it.

You know the only 'Fire' we've seen from this team since Shula? The Wildcat year. After floundering early, SOMEONE said "Hey, we have two stud RB's (Williams and Brown), 1 unproven rookie and one rag arm injury magnet at QB HOW can I work with this" So we came up with something different and it WORKED! The players got on board as did much of the rest of the NFL. The success was contagious (just like the mediocrity is today) The rag arm veteran Pennington ended up as the highest rated QB we've had since, we had over 5500 yards of offense, won our only division title in 15 years and played our only playoff game since.

Am I saying go Wildcat? Heck NO! I'm saying somebody needs to look at what they have and come up with something that will work. Like another poster said, "this ain't brain surgery."

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 30, 2015 10:22AM

Its very easy to see.....

1. When players from this team get traded and go to other teams they succeed and play outstanding..

2.They play terrible in our system.

3. Meaning its our coaches and system that needs to change.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 30, 2015 01:02PM

I think the lack of heart is by choice.. I think for whatever reason, the coaches have lost the team.. The players dont believe in nor want to play for these guys... I was told Marino and Tannebaum are livid about the Bills game and situation/state of the team under these coaches...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: September 30, 2015 01:35PM

I wish I had that vison before I wasted $500 last Sunday for a family of 4.sad smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 30, 2015 04:20PM

TC--don't kick yourself for being with your family on an outing that could have been lots of fun. It's no different than going on a short vacation and having rain lousing up beach time. In both situations you can't do anything about it--beyond your control. I just hope for your sake that the next time you go to the stadium the "sun" is shinning brightly and we thump the other team big time--one can only hope. thumbs up

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 30, 2015 05:17PM

John Gruden

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 30, 2015 05:38PM

Pinheads or phinbins, straight into the trash this season. It's the first Jest/Miami game in my life that I don't want to see.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 01, 2015 03:05PM

If we do end up changing coaches, the only one out there at the moment, I want to see is Gruden...I don't think he'll ever coach again though.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: October 01, 2015 04:36PM

No man. They lack talent. They lack players on the field and in the locker room. That has been the case for decades with this team, and it start with getting the QB. We don't have one.

And the reason for lack of talent is poor GMs, one after another, people who have no clue how to build a roster or draft.

The players we had and have are just not good enough. They gave up at the end of last year and never stopped throughout the offseason and the season. They gave up because they are not good enough to play in the league.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 01, 2015 05:07PM

Osi Umenyura is over there to do the game. In an interview on NLF Network he said the dline's struggles are due to coaching. They're playing 2 gap.

Coyle is making the strength of the D read and react and setting up the weakest part to make plays.

Osi Umenyura pointed that out. I bet Mike Smith and Jim Schwartz would notice too.

Coyle needs to go through the concussion protocol.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 01, 2015 08:07PM

The problem is even higher. The problem is that all you need to do to secure your job with Ross is kiss his butt and make sure he likes you personally.

Remember when he let go of the last GM. He took pains to point out how he really had a good relationship with Philbin.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 02, 2015 06:31AM

You mean like Tony Sparano was?

Rick

Date: October 02, 2015 10:22AM

Date: October 02, 2015 10:23AM

Let's face it. We're doomed as long as Ross owns the team. And to him, it's just a play toy. So good luck with that.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 03, 2015 08:44AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's face it. We're doomed as long as Ross owns
> the team. And to him, it's just a play toy. So
> good luck with that.

I can't agree with that, Chryen.

True, Ross has made mistakes (extending Philbin), but on the other hand, he has spent a lot of money to get talented players on this team to help bring him a championship. The coaches and/or the players have not come through. That is not on Ross. He is also upgrading the stadium, and from what I understand, most, if not all, at his expense.

The Dolphins, IMO, are not his play toy. If it is, those are sure some expensive toys.

Date: October 03, 2015 10:40AM

Well, Cap, there's always room for disagreement. I'm not saying Ross is cheap when it comes to player acquisition. Not at all. I just say that when it comes to firing STAFF, he lets his personal feelings (as far as Philbin is concerned POSITIVE vibes) get in the way of his judgement as to what is best for the team.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.