HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hot Seat
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Hot Seat
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 02, 2015 10:29AM

Because of Miami's poor start, Philbin is, once again, on the hot seat.

Can he save his job? He will have to beat the Jets in London, or, at the least, play well. Then, once the team comes back from its bye, he will have to go on a winning streak and get to the playoffs.

Even if Miami gets to 10-6, I don't see them going to the playoffs. There are too many other good teams out there that could finish with the same record and go ahead of Miami. The Fins will really have to put on a show from here on out.

Now....Philbin! who is out there that Ross could hire? I don't see Ross firing Philbin before the season is done (unless the Fins are just blown out in every game, ala Buffalo).

In the college ranks, I would say....and don't laugh....Jim Mora. He could do just what Pete Carroll did. Fail at the NFL level, go to the college ranks, do well, then return to the NFL and...voila! Another name I would suggest is, once again, Jim Harbaugh. He can do it at any level, and he is a firey guy, which is what Miami hasn't had since JJ. Another guy is a maybe - Urban Meyer. My only problem with him is will he be a burn out? Was supposedly burned out at Florida, then amazingly popped up at Ohio State. Would he want to coach in the NFL?

As far as present NFL coaches (both HC and Assistants), I don't know. Supposedly, Lazor could be considered as a HC after this season. I'm sure there are some good candidates in the Assistant ranks out there, but at the moment, I'm not sure what names I would consider.

BTW, forget about Gruden. He has a cushy job at ESPN where I am sure he makes a good salary. Why leave that job to go to coaching where he has to do his job ten or more hours per day, and have to go through all that pressure and headaches? Not gonna happen.

Anyway...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hot Seat
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 02, 2015 10:44AM

if we lose in london I don't see philbin surving the bye week. he and coyle should be shown the door.

it's too early to determine candidates. there will end up being some hot coords from other teams, surprise fires (payton) and college coaches.

the thing is tannenbaum isn't goin anywhere so the logical choices will be guys he's familiar with...eric mangini...

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 02, 2015 11:17AM

Believe it or not but I would much rather see a playoff team than a coach change.

Date: October 02, 2015 03:30PM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 03, 2015 08:39AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Believe it or not but I would much rather see a
> playoff team than a coach change.

That goes without saying, Chryen.

Date: October 03, 2015 11:34AM

We had a playoff team last year IMO. Missed out by a couple of stupid Timeout calls and some injuries.

This year should have been improved. Whats the answer? Like anything I think we start at the Top. These players don't seem motivated. And going to thug movies and singing bad Hip Hop isn't the answer.........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 03, 2015 12:51PM

If I was Ross, I would have made a private telephone call to Gruden after the Buffalo loss. Just to guage how many zeros the check on my desk waiting for him during the bye week would have to have.

Two, three, four, five times what you make on TV...done, done, done and done.

If nothing else, he'd be firey, passionate and entertaining on the sidelines...

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 03, 2015 08:54PM

i can't believe we need the Jest to win to eradicate some of the poisonous coaches that have stamped their ineptitude on to this storied Dolphins franchise. As Mad -dog would have sayed: The stench of cow manure lingers about the performance of these Miami Dolphins lately. Sadly, I am agreeing with Chreyn's latest posts, that even if we axe philbin, Ross has weighed the complete top management down with complete DUDS. It starts at the top and sinks below. GM/HC/DC/OC all must go, but so must Ross...he has already proven to me that he is incapable of finding good quality football minds to right this ship. He is also slow to identify what is NOt working and make the correction so we don't languish in this trap of being an embarrassment to watch on Sundays.

The results of the past 3 decades are already obvious--new young freshly minted Dolphin fans are rare. Who would want to support this mess?

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 06:27AM

"Another guy is a maybe - Urban Meyer. My only problem with him is will he be a burn out? Was supposedly burned out at Florida, then amazingly popped up at Ohio State."

I was told from a good friend at Florida state who is close to the program was that Urban was cheating on his wife and then she did the same to him. Thus the "I have health reasons for stepping down" and then shows back up in Ohio State.

Gotta love the behind the scenes crap that goes on.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 04, 2015 06:30AM

This is quite possibly the worst coaching staff I've ever witnessed in all of my days watching the NFL. The one coach that I thought was at least competent, Lazor, has been awful. The only excuse to his play calling is that it's hard to scheme around the the worst offensive line in football. If Ross would be smart and ruthless in the way that he approaches the off season, he would clean house of everyone, coaching staff, front office (including his buddy Tannenbaum). Throw a boatload of money to the best GM candidate you could find and tell him that he will call all of the shots--Coaching staff, player personnel, lunch room menu.. EVERYTHING. Without a drastic move like that, the fins will continue to stink each year. I'm sick to my stomach.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.