HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ryan tannehills toughness.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ryan tannehills toughness.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 14, 2015 12:03PM

I really hate the fact that he runs with the ball...

He needs to become a pure pocket passer. Its still possible. He is real young.

Did you see the hit he took on the sidelines helmet to helmet?

I think Tannehill is one of the few QBs in the NFL that can absorb this kind of hit and still get up like it never happened....

That hit reminded me of The Pat white hit by the sidelines....

Was it Pat White?

He never played a down again.

GO PHINS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ryan tannehills toughness.
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 14, 2015 12:21PM

Between him being a WR for 2 years in college with 1453 yards 111 completions and the 139 sacks he took over the last 3 season, he gets a toughness check mark next to his name... He seems to know how to take a hit thus far...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: September 14, 2015 02:29PM

I like when he runs and makes Yds on a broken play, but constructed plays where he's running need to be used sparingly. He is a ex reciever and can still be very useful however

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 02:31AM

I cringed when I saw that design run. We need to tear those out of the playbook. Tanne is tough enough but he is not going to win many battles going 1 on 1 w/ nfl linebackers.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 15, 2015 04:05AM

I have no problem with designed runs by the QB. We just shouldn't make them a staple of our offense. RT just has to be smart and not take the hits at the end unless he has too.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 15, 2015 11:01AM

Did anyone see Tannehill throw at least one ball away when pressured and the receivers were covered?

I don't remember seeing one.

Maybe, I just missed it.

But that's on my checklist of NEED TO IMPROVE.....that is, when there is nothing available JUST THROW THE DAMN BALL IN THE CHEAP SEATS.

One of my problems with Tanny is that TOO MANY TIMES last year, instead of having that native instinct, he preferred to be sacked or risk throwing an interception.

For those of us who hate turnovers, we'd rather see a ball thrown out of bounds.

For you, SamSam, who is worried about injury to Tanny, you also need to see him learn to throw the ball in the cheap seats instead of trying to make something out of nothing.

Date: September 15, 2015 11:15AM

Exactly chren i would also like to see him get rid of the football instead of standing there and get sacked...

Its gotta be a clock in his head.....When those 3 seconds expire he needs to avoid the rush and throw the ball away.

Remember how marino used to avoid the rush just a little step to the right or left? Thing of beauty.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 15, 2015 11:22AM

Yeah, I remember and he was one of the most immobile quarterbacks I had ever seen, Marino, that is.

Date: September 15, 2015 11:32AM

Exactly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.