HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          N-Suh Impact
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
N-Suh Impact
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: March 11, 2015 06:25AM

What does this mean for the Dolphins ????

It means our linebackers just got a lot better. Granted, we still have to identify a couple of DT's to play next to him but Jelaney Jenkins should have a career year.

Stephen Tulloch got a lot better at MLB once he started playing behind Suh. He was good before but nothing to brag about in Tennessee behind some decent DT's. He did turn in one good contract year and turned it into a contract with Detroit in 2011.

DeAndre Levy was a former 3rd round pick who became a star WLB behind Suh. Free to roam around and make plays. He is 5'11 235.

James Ihedigbo....same deal for the SS. From Jets to NE to Baltimore, he turned into a play-maker at SS. Imagine what Reshad Jones will do.

Ziggy Ansah, Jason Jones....Are they better than Cameron Wake and Olivier Vernon? I don't think so. They are definitely bigger but Ansah rarely sees double teams. He has had 8 and 7.5 sacks over the last two years WITH Suh at DT. Wake could have 16-20. Vernon, 10-15.

So..this means, the DB's don't have to cover as long & the linebackers will roam free. I see a lot of 3 and outs this season and I don't mean by Tannehill.

Good thing about the DB's since we need help in that area. FS & CB. Hopefully we solidify those spots soon.

Misi, Tripp, Jenkins, Jordan....not too worried about LB. Would be nice to draft a true MLB though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2015 03:47AM by JoeFootball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Damn U Kong"
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 11, 2015 08:59AM

I'm hoping Chris McCain gets a chance to challenge at the LB position. Misi needs to go.

Date: March 11, 2015 09:12AM

McCain played 2 snaps at LB last year. The rest were at DE and special teams. Why would you think they would give him a shot there over Jordan?

Misi is fine but overpaid if he is now just a part time player at SLB.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 11, 2015 09:21AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> McCain played 2 snaps at LB last year. The rest
> were at DE and special teams. Why would you think
> they would give him a shot there over Jordan?
>
> Misi is fine but overpaid if he is now just a part
> time player at SLB.

Wasnt alot of those snaps really a modified DE/LB in that 5-2 formation we ran last year with him and Dion Jordan...... at different times being the 5th Dlinemen with no hand in the dirt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: March 11, 2015 09:37AM

I only remember running that 5-2 in the 2nd game vs the Bills...but that is still different than an OLB who is covering TE's and RB's and stopping the run. He seems to be best at rushing the passer.

I would think McCain would be a backup DE to spell Wake or Vernon with Jordan's best spot as an OLB who can pass rush occasionally....but they (Coyle) rarely do what makes sense.

Date: March 11, 2015 11:54AM

Suh very excited to play with Cam Wake. (His eyes LIT up) He said playing next to him will be fun but if you know anything about football schemes, playing opposite him will wreak havoc...(paraphrased) ...and Vernon as well (mis-spoke and said Wake)

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 11, 2015 12:16PM

Just watched his interview on the phinsiders, SUh comes across very well.... super smart, real guy... I like him as a face of our defense/franchise...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: March 11, 2015 12:18PM

LOVE the signing. Like the kid. He even said he on field transgression will not be an issue. He gets it. passionate player....that is all.

Date: March 12, 2015 05:04AM

@OmarKelly

Mike Tannenbaum told @560WQAM that Dion Jordan can be a rush end or a strong side linebacker. But loves his ability to "drop" in coverage.

Date: March 13, 2015 04:12PM

Cris Collinsworth ?@CollinsworthNBC 1h1 hour ago

Cameron Wake and Ndamukong Suh a frightening combination. Could Wake challenge the sack record? I hope we get them @SNFonNBC

Date: April 21, 2015 04:57PM

Have been thinking about this....

Look at NE's interior O-line...

LG Jordan Devey
C Bryan Stork
RG Ryan Wendell

What are the chances they draft a guard or center in round 1? Pretty good I'd say considering....Ndamukong Suh, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Damon Harrison, Sheldon Richardson, Muhammad Wilkerson...that's a tough bunch!

Suh typically lines up off RG which would put him right next to Cam Wake.

RG, Wendell is decent for NE but how do you double team both guys with 2 or 3 o-linemen? They will have to either chip with a RB or double Wake with a TE/RT combo leaving Suh alone (if lined up between RG and RT) or visa versa....double Suh with RG and RT with a TE blocking Wake.

I can't wait!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 22, 2015 01:07PM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have been thinking about this....
>
> Look at NE's interior O-line...
>
> LG Jordan Devey
> C Bryan Stork
> RG Ryan Wendell
>
> What are the chances they draft a guard or center
> in round 1? Pretty good I'd say
> considering....Ndamukong Suh, Kyle Williams,
> Marcel Dareus, Damon Harrison, Sheldon Richardson,
> Muhammad Wilkerson...that's a tough bunch!
>
> Suh typically lines up off RG which would put him
> right next to Cam Wake.
>
> RG, Wendell is decent for NE but how do you double
> team both guys with 2 or 3 o-linemen? They will
> have to either chip with a RB or double Wake with
> a TE/RT combo leaving Suh alone (if lined up
> between RG and RT) or visa versa....double Suh
> with RG and RT with a TE blocking Wake.
>
> I can't wait!

Yeah, our guys up front are going to play hell on teams, but our DBs better have their act together because the ball will be coming out fast to offset the pass rush, and our LBers better be on their game to stuff the run.

Re: N-Suh Impact
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 24, 2015 03:55AM

This entire thread summarizes why Suh is going to be worth every penny. All blue chip GOAT's have historically made those around them better.

Date: April 24, 2015 04:53AM

I am curious to see what impact Suh has on Anthony Johnson. Here is a kid who was the #2 Five-star recruit behind only Jadeveon Clowney after setting the Louisiana sack record in HS (67.5 sacks).

Labeled as a 2nd round prospect in the draft but fell because of concerns about work ethic, motor and strength. He was a 20 year old junior but his teammates called him "the freak".

Scouts said he needed to get with a good D-line coach who could refine his technique as well as get in a good strength program. He benched 225 only 20 times at the combine. There are WR's who can do that. (Kevin White had 23 reps).

He had a shoulder injury coming out of college that carried into camp (factor in bench?) and he still found a way to get on the field last year. Pretty rare for Kevin Coyle rookie to do that.

Now he is watching how Suh goes about his business and sees the record contract he signed. If that doesn't motivate him, nothing will.

I think anyone who plays next to Suh is going to be better because they are singled up BUT I think just watching how Suh works and performs is another advantage. That's another motivational factor. How do you half ass it when your lined up next to Suh? I don't think you can.

His best trait in college was his "get off". He was often the first guy off the LOS but struggled disengaging.

I just hope he has been working on his core strength this off season. He's not going to do much without an improvement there.

Date: June 16, 2015 02:37PM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 17, 2015 05:36AM

Johnson appeared to be a special project for the phins this off season. Looks like they had him making a few public appearences working on his character perception. That's what got him knocked out of the 2014 draft a positive marijuana test. He is under the big microscope.

If he stays clean we can have another monster on our d line.

Date: August 06, 2015 04:24PM

I would like to get a look at a base defense with...

Shelby LDE, Suh LDT, Phillips RDT and Fede RDE. These are all big run stuffers and Fede has been showing up big time in camp. LB's...

Misi at SLB, Sheppard MLB, Jenkins WLB

Nickel:

Wake, Suh, Mitchell, Vernon with LBer's...

Tripp or McCain and Jenkins

This will keep Wake fresher in his old age plus he is not stout enough against the run. Fede is a big boy at 6'4 270. Shelby is 270 as well. That's a big base package. I would alternate Vernon on the weak side as he is pretty good vs the run but Shelby was one of our best run stuffing DE's last year.

Date: August 18, 2015 09:18AM

Ndamukong Suh on Cameron Wake's sacks: "He's been stuck at 15 ... He needs to get to that 20 mark."
Expand

1h
Hal Habib @gunnerhal

Suh says Wake needs to get to the 20-sack mark. Wake, standing right next to him, seems to like the idea.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 09:22AM

James Walker ?@JamesWalkerNFL 4m4 minutes ago
Ndamukong Suh, Ryan Tannehill among top performers in #Dolphins' training camp

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.