HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Aldon Smith
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Aldon Smith
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 07, 2015 11:42AM

sign him! 49ers cut him after his latest dui or what have you. I say sign him to a 2 year incentive laden contract with the idea he's going to be in rehab all year dealing with his issues, and if those clear up we've got the top pass rusher still in his mid 20s for cheap. If it doesn't work out not a huge risk. He didn't hurt anyone, didn't beat his wife, etc so it won't be such a big PR hit to sign the guy, and Ross can spin it as "helping a troubled person" if he wants.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aldon Smith
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: August 07, 2015 12:34PM

Seriously?

Not happening EVER. You do know who the head coach is right? Maybe Dallas...

Enough of this talent trumping integrity BS. get these idiots out of the NFL. They do not deserve to be millionaires!

8/7/15: Aldon Smith arrested for DUI, hit and run and vandalism

4/13/14: 49ers LB Aldon Smith is arrested for claiming he had a bomb at airport security.

10/29/13: 49ers LB Aldon Smith turns himself in on felony weapons charges.

9/20/13: 49ers LB Aldon Smith is arrested for suspicion of DUI.

1/27/2012: 49ers LB Aldon Smith is arrested for DUI.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 07, 2015 12:59PM

I agree in principle, if we was beating up women etc I'd say don't touch him but people like that are just straight psychos you can never help. But all of his prior issues and this one are all alcohol related. He clearly has a problem but it is a problem that can be solved with treatment. I say let's roll the dice and see if he's "fixable." If not then see ya.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: August 07, 2015 01:23PM

Doesn't work with our history. Trying to clean up the image. Not win at all cost like Jerry Jones.

What about the felony weapons charges? I think two people were injured that night and Smith was stabbed. No thanks.

Repeat offender could be out for quite some time anyway.

I veto just based on the fact he is a complete idiot. Was he drunk when he made bomb threats at an airport? SMH

SF was the team who could least afford to lose him after all the retirements, etc. That should tell you something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.