HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Nailed It
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Nailed It
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 04:30AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nailed It
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 12, 2015 08:51AM

Reverse numbers 1 and 2.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: July 13, 2015 05:16AM

Tannehill: He has taken a traditional developmental/on-the-job training route is his career. It used to be that QB's were given time to develop. They progressed steadily and broke out around year 4. That is unless they were holding a clipboard for a year or two. Joe Montana didn't have as good a season as 2015 RT until his 5th year but he started on the bench for a year and a half.

Now everyone is in a rush ever since 2008 when Ryan and Flacco made the playoffs. Never mind the fact that they had running games and defenses surrounding them....and played 3 or 4 years at QB in college.

This article is based on the fact that excuses are being made for these areas and that it is a big concern. I am not too concerned about Tannehill's continued development. He has thrown for 1200 more yards than Matt Ryan and 1000 more than Joe Flacco through the first three years BTW.

The article knocks Misi because "they" haven't found a spot for him? He has played a different position every year and has always performed well and done what they asked. More than I can say for some of the high priced FA's they have brought in. He's not a franchise player so people should stop expecting him to be one. He will be fine at MLB. He just needs to stay healthy. If he does, I think many people will be very pleasantly surprised by him this year. Making excuses for him? Like they have been making excuses for him his entire career? confused smiley

Is is really that easy to convert to MLB from a 3-4 OLB? confused smiley

How well would Zach Thomas have done if they switched him to 3-4 OLB? I'm not going to complain too much about a guy for being a versatile team player.

The offensive line too young? Well, that's one point of view I guess. I would rather they just stay healthy. I would also say the issue has been more about a lack of talent than the age of the players. Pouncey and Albert are vets....not young. James would have had a great year had he been able to stay at RT. Too young is the problem though? It's not like Daryn Colledge provided a helpful veteran presence. He was the oldest one on the line and he was awful. We just need talent at guard and to stay healthy.

Jamar Taylor: Who is making excuses for him? The coaches flat out say publicly that he needs to get it together. I don't see excuses being made. Jeff Ireland may be making excuses for him since he drafted him but...

Coach Philbin: "Joe Philbin needs to show he can coach this franchise. There are no more excuses.

Agreed...although there have been legit excuses concerning a lack of talent and mismanagement on the team. It's not like he has been terrible. Just painfully average. He has developed talent. It is time for him to learn from mistakes and to realize what they were. No more time for his stubborn pride. I would complain more about his insistence to keep Dallas Thomas in the lineup than a few controversial calls with timeouts.

Inability to control the locker room? Seems to me he controlled all the problems right out of town...along with he guy who brought the problems here.

Caleb Sturgis: "The excuse – there is none" - Agreed.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 13, 2015 10:32AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 12:47PM

"He's not a franchise player so people should stop expecting him to be one. "

Wow now that's a new Koa Misi excuse.

How about him just performing like a 2nd round draft pick? He has proved that he is not a franchise player. We know that. Dallas Thomas catches more hell and he was a 4th round pick and has been on the roster less years than Misi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.