HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jonathan Martin released by 49ers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jonathan Martin released by 49ers
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 26, 2015 12:30PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jonathan Martin released by 49ers
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 26, 2015 04:46PM

Nice second round pick Ireland!! You want to know why we've sucked for so long it's picks like this

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 26, 2015 06:51PM

Yeah does San Fran even have any OL?

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 27, 2015 01:45AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice second round pick Ireland!! You want to know
> why we've sucked for so long it's picks like this

I thought it was because we changed the logo?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 02:51AM

20 years from now this guy will be a big time corporate lawyer. All sins forgiven and in the past will give the 3 down and out douches a break, Incogs waxing cars and Jerry and Pouncey cleaning offices.

Date: March 27, 2015 03:43AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> 20 years from now this guy will be a big time
> corporate lawyer. All sins forgiven and in the
> past will give the 3 down and out douches a break,
> Incogs waxing cars and Jerry and Pouncey cleaning
> offices.

Possibly, but first Martin would have to graduate from college, something he has yet to do, and even tougher considering his major is classical literature... Also considering both Pouncey and Incognito have bank accounts that dwarf Martins, I don't think they are too worried about it... Hey but at least Martin will have plenty of time on his hands to go back and finish his undergrad degree.. While Pouncey and Incognito will not because they get paid millions to play a sport they actually love... Martin does have an inheritance to look forward too, something Pouncey and Incognito do not, so Martin has that going for him...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: March 27, 2015 03:46AM

Yeah right. I predict he gets choked out and accidentally asphyxiated by an overzealous dominatrix named Mistress Helga who was enraged because he insisted on calling her Richie.

Date: March 27, 2015 05:38AM

In the long run guys like Martin finish ahead. He's made enough to get him started on his way. I would put my money on him being ahead of the rest in 20 years.

Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the dominatrix was named Richie Incog. They both were acting like prison lovers.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 06:21AM

He marries Michael Sam and they become the first openly gay couple to play in the NFL.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 06:26AM

Date: March 27, 2015 06:47AM

Martin might get ahead, I wouldn't doubt that, but I seriously doubt it will be as an attorney... It is just hard for me to believe that someone who couldn't stand up for himself around his friends and teammates is somehow going to be paid to stand up for other people in legal proceedings...

Honestly, Would anyone here in their right mind hire Jonathan Martin to stand up for them in court? The thought of it alone is laughable....

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: March 27, 2015 08:14AM

Is there anyone who knows football who thought Martin would outlast Incognito in this league? eye rolling smiley

Date: March 27, 2015 08:38AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Martin might get ahead, I wouldn't doubt that, but
> I seriously doubt it will be as an attorney... It
> is just hard for me to believe that someone who
> couldn't stand up for himself around his friends
> and teammates is somehow going to be paid to stand
> up for other people in legal proceedings...
>
> Honestly, Would anyone here in their right mind
> hire Jonathan Martin to stand up for them in
> court? The thought of it alone is laughable....

A lot of lawyers have never spent a day in court. These are the types that will see Martin as one of their own and Incog as a street bum. Football is just a small chapter in life and I would bet Martin finishes ahead of Pouncey, Jerry and Incog.

Date: March 27, 2015 09:05AM

cshashaty Wrote:
> Is there anyone who knows football who thought
> Martin would outlast Incognito in this league? eye rolling smiley

I wasnt sure after the baseball bat to the Ferrari, mental hospital stay, and no one even giving Incognito a sniff last year, whether his career was over.. Not because he couldnt play but because of the baggage...

Nietzsche

Date: March 27, 2015 09:15AM

mizzou15 Wrote:

> A lot of lawyers have never spent a day in court.
> These are the types that will see Martin as one of
> their own and Incog as a street bum. Football is
> just a small chapter in life and I would bet
> Martin finishes ahead of Pouncey, Jerry and Incog.

Sure I agree I have many lawyers I work with for all types of reasons.. Whether they spend a day in court or not, they are representing my interest or their clients interest.. They have to be persuasive and influential whether in court or not.. A guy that cant even stand up for himself is not someone anyone would hire to stand up for them, court room or not... Lawyers have to lobby, persuade, represent their clients interest, clearly Martin was horrible at all of the above to get in the predicament he got in... It all starts with representing oneself before a lawyer can represent anyone else... Martin cant even get passed the first step.. He needs a lawyer to represent and protect his own interest. Never can he dream of representing someone else...

And to think Martin is going to get ahead of the lead Pouncey and Incognito have over him through law is absurd...

Maybe Martin can write a childs book or hope Pouncey and Incognito mismanage their money badly is absolutely the only chance Martin has to finish ahead of either one of them... Martin will not make the money in his entire career the money Pouncey will make this year alone...

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2015 11:11AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 27, 2015 10:23AM

Agreed Crowder, I'm a construction worker with no college degree and I make as much or more than my 2 buddies who are lawyers, a small percentage make the big bucks, to assume Martin will out gain guys getting paid millions is absurd.

Lets not forget Martin was a goofball right along with Incog until he flipped out on him also. He could end up in the ditch just as much as the next guy

Date: March 27, 2015 10:28AM

People want to take such draconian stances to support their view. No one can say how the future plays out. I honestly think Martin will get along further in life than the other 3. Thats where I would place my bet. Its not absurd its my opinion about as absurd as yours "Martin will not make as much money in his entire life as Pouncey will make this year alone".

Most people need a lawyer to protect their own interests even lawyers have lawyers "he who acts as his own lawyer ...'.

Interesting I would like to see where all of these guys are in 30 years. My money is on the Stanford man to be ahead.

Date: March 27, 2015 11:05AM

Is it really that draconian or absurd? If Martin made 150,000 a year on avg as a lawyer, which is more then most but the very elite make. He would have to work 49.5 years to make as much as Pouncey will make this year alone.. if he makes $200,000 a year which is way above avg for a lawyer, he would have to work for 37 years at that avg to make what Pouncey will make this year... My money is on the elite football player making 7 million a year even before he signs his big contract next year...

And if you want to talk draconian, how about trying to prove someone who doesn't even have his undergrad degree, who is in a major such as classical literature, is going to be a vastly successful corporate lawyer, out earning elite NFL players, is as draconian an argument as it gets, don't you think?

Nietzsche

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2015 11:17AM by Crowder52.

Date: March 27, 2015 11:31AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Agreed Crowder, I'm a construction worker with no
> college degree and I make as much or more than my
> 2 buddies who are lawyers, a small percentage make
> the big bucks, to assume Martin will out gain guys
> getting paid millions is absurd.
>

No doubt, most of my friends who are lawyers, struggle.. In fact a friend of mine who represents Greg Hardy, the NFL player who just signed with the Cowboys following his domestic violence issues, his lawyer borrowed cash from me last Saturday...

The ones that make money are lawyers that own entire law firms, and have several other lawyers they are making money on underneath them with a vig on each billable hour.. And they normally still invest heavily in other business's and real estate ventures to make their big money..

Nietzsche

Date: March 27, 2015 01:43PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 03:30PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> mizzou15 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 20 years from now this guy will be a big time
> > corporate lawyer. All sins forgiven and in the
> > past will give the 3 down and out douches a
> break,
> > Incogs waxing cars and Jerry and Pouncey
> cleaning
> > offices.
>
>
> Possibly, but first Martin would have to graduate
> from college, something he has yet to do, and even
> tougher considering his major is classical
> literature... Also considering both Pouncey and
> Incognito have bank accounts that dwarf Martins, I
> don't think they are too worried about it... Hey
> but at least Martin will have plenty of time on
> his hands to go back and finish his undergrad
> degree.. While Pouncey and Incognito will not
> because they get paid millions to play a sport
> they actually love... Martin does have an
> inheritance to look forward too, something Pouncey
> and Incognito do not, so Martin has that going for
> him...

even if martin is a corporate lawyer he still won't match the $$ incog earns if he plays a few more season as a few million per. Martin never even finished out his rookie 2d round contract which probably paid him like 3mm total

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: March 28, 2015 03:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.