HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Offensive line
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Offensive line
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: February 16, 2015 03:44AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Offensive line
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 16, 2015 05:35AM

That's truly offensive spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 16, 2015 05:51AM

It makes sense.

When you consider we had the worst oline in the league the year, and that even though we fixed our tackle issues we had what...4 games where we had our 3 best olineman on the field at the same time (Albert, Pouncey & James)... its net a surprise our oline play didn't improve much overall.

The amazing thing is that Tannehill got that much better without overall improved line play.

Date: February 26, 2015 04:25AM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: February 26, 2015 09:31AM

Date: February 26, 2015 09:38AM

I think AJ is about done and he is also injured. He has not played well for a couple years now.

Although....I am curious about Todd Herremans who was released by Philly today. Excellent guard who was a cap casualty after a year struggling with injuries.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 27, 2015 02:31AM

I believe Franklin is athletic enough to operate in the zone scheme as is Iupatai. I think bringing in one of these two should be the highest priority. Then draft LT DJ Humphrey from UF in round 3. Slip him in at LT until Albert gets back that allows James to stay at RT and Thomas at RG. For God's sake let Thomas develop at guard. Stop moving that guy around.

Date: February 27, 2015 03:13AM

Spend 8 mil a year on guard who can't pass protect and has never played in a zone scheme?

Spend the first round pick on a guy who MAY or MAY NOT be needed? and then send him to the bench?

I would have to go with a former zone blocking, pro bowl guard's opinion on Franklin.

Iupati is highly overrated IMO. He gets his notoriety from run blocking (in a power scheme). He can be protected (in pass pro) at times if you have an elite LT and C but is that what you really want for 8 mil?

For a team in desperate need of pass protection, I don't see him as an answer.

Date: February 27, 2015 04:05AM

Im not spending 8 mil on a guard.If someone else does then so be it. Im thinking 6 mil. I still hold the position that Franklin and Iupatai are athletic enough for zone blocking.

I made no mention of drafting anyone in the first round. I said drafting a LT in the 3rd specifically Humphrey. Albert may or may not be ready for the start. If not it would be good to have a rookie in that spot instead of shuffling guys around. That is one of our biggest problems guys not staying in one position and devloping on the oline. Olinemen need stability. If we don't need him so what we have improved our deph.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 27, 2015 04:12AM

We have been shuffling the OLine because of injuries or other matters ( bullygate )for a while now.

I agree. No consistency.

Date: February 27, 2015 05:20AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im not spending 8 mil on a guard.If someone else
> does then so be it. Im thinking 6 mil. I still
> hold the position that Franklin and Iupatai are
> athletic enough for zone blocking.
>

Either of those OG's is going to cost 7-9M a year.

I don't think Iupati can do whats required of him in our system. Franklin,...maybe.... That's a lot of money for a guy who is a road grader and a potential turnstile in pass protection.

It will be interesting to see how all this pplays out, but free agency has to fill an OG spot, at least one DT spot if not two, a CB and a FS.

Date: February 27, 2015 06:27AM

DJ Humphries is a first round pick and 6 mil doesn't get you either of the top two guards. One is also a tackle.

3rd round gets you Josue Matias or Arie Kouandjio.

3 mil a year gets you Shelley Smith.

Date: February 27, 2015 07:12AM

Franklin's primary position is guard. He can play T as he did when Clady went down. Still want to see who is going to give 8 mil to a guard. I would max the offer at 7. We still have Turner, Thomas and Smith.

Yeah Humphries has gotten a lot of notice lately and is climbing. I think Scherff, Peat, Flowers, Clemmings,Collins and the kid from OR are ahead of him. That's 6, might push him to the second rnd. Still want to wait for the 3rd to get a tackle maybe Morse from Mizzou over Kouandjio (G) or
Ogbuehi(TX&AM) who did not look as good as he did in 2013.

Date: February 27, 2015 07:39AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Franklin's primary position is guard. He can play
> T as he did when Clady went down. Still want to
> see who is going to give 8 mil to a guard. I would
> max the offer at 7. We still have Turner, Thomas
> and Smith.
>
> Yeah Humphries has gotten a lot of notice lately
> and is climbing. I think Scherff, Peat, Flowers,
> Clemmings,Collins and the kid from OR are ahead of
> him. That's 6, might push him to the second rnd.
> Still want to wait for the 3rd to get a tackle
> maybe Morse from Mizzou over Kouandjio (G) or
> Ogbuehi(TX&AM) who did not look as good as he did
> in 2013.

Titans just gave 6/49m FA deal to Andy Levitre two years ago,

Jahri Evans, Ben Grubbs, Marshal Yanda, Roger Saffold, justin Blalock, Logan Mankins and Josh Sitton all make between 7 and 11m as an OG.

Date: February 27, 2015 07:55AM

I think you have it backwards. Franklin (4th year) is primarily a right tackle (first 3 years solely at RT) who was moved to guard last year when they lost Zane Beadles to FA.

Date: February 27, 2015 09:04AM

My error I thought Franklin played a few games at LT at times when Clady went down. I know he was primarily a RT but Denver thought it was time to move him inside.

Date: February 27, 2015 09:18AM

Justin Blalock released today as well. A couple good guards freeing up today. Blalock was 25th ranked last year.

Herremans is another. Both should be reasonably priced options.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.