HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Mariota
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Mariota
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: February 15, 2015 10:27AM

Didn't read the column, but saw where Bucky Brooks says Mariotta is dropping out of the first half of the first round. You kidding me?

There are about five or six teams in the upper half of the first round that need a QB. Winston will be the first to go. You gonna tell me that those other QB-needy teams will pass on Mariotta? Highly doubtful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mariota
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: February 15, 2015 12:54PM

captkoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Didn't read the column, but saw where Bucky Brooks
> says Mariotta is dropping out of the first half of
> the first round. You kidding me?
>
> There are about five or six teams in the upper
> half of the first round that need a QB. Winston
> will be the first to go. You gonna tell me that
> those other QB-needy teams will pass on Mariotta?
> Highly doubtful.

It could be a bunch of jockeying and smokescreens but it Won't surprise me if it happens.

He's got talent but he's a system QB from a 1 read college offense. That = a project QB in the NFL.

Not a lot of teams willing to invest a top 10 pick in a project.

I hope its all BS because if he is on the board when we pick that means there will be one less player for us to pick from because we aren't taking a qb at 14.

Re: Mariota
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: February 16, 2015 03:00AM

I'm sure he knows how teams are viewing him as a spread QB. That's why he's working with an NFL coach to improve his 3,5 and 7 step drops, read coverages, delivery, etc.

This happens every year. Where he gets drafted is going to depend on how he progresses in these above areas. It is already rumored that he will not throw at the combine due to an injury but no decision has been announced.

He needs to throw if he wants to go in the top 5. Otherwise, we will just keep speculating until he has a pro day.

Look at last year and Manziel. He waited until his late workout and then had everyone ooing and ahhing. I'm sure Chip Kelly would love for him to drop a bit.

Some team will take him high.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.