HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Draft rumors
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Draft rumors
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: February 10, 2015 03:18AM

The unknown in all this are the two teams at the top and their feelings on the two QB's. Is Winston smart enough to be able to swindle the interviews? Will Mariota shine at the combine...or even work out?

The biggest story (rumor) out there is.....

Chip Kelly wants to trade up for Marcus Mariota and is willing to make a couple trades to make it happen. They currently pick at 20. Could that mean they are willing to deal Nick Foles? That could help in their attempt. Shady McCoy has also been linked to the rumors.

As it sits right now, there is no way to tell where Mariota could fall. If Tampa is smart they will put enough crap out there so trades come through them. It would have to be a blockbuster deal. I also heard that Tampa likes Mariota over Winston but most mocks have TB taking Winston.

Would Philly give up Nick Foles, the 20th, a 2nd rounder or more to move up?

The wisest thing to do (if they want him) would seem to be to see if he falls past Tennessee. If he does then you can probably make a a trade to move up BUT the best spot may go through Washington and I don't know if they would deal with a division rival. Of course this would assume Tampa goes with Winston. Oakland would be another spot since they have many needs and could drop down and still get a good WR.

Other teams that could be looking to trade up for a QB.....

Cleveland: They would seem to have the most ammo with the 12th and 19th picks. It would probably also cost a 2nd rounder or the 12th, 2nd rounder and next years 1st. If I am an NFL team looking for a trade down, Farmer and his two picks are my target.

Washington: new sheriff in town at GM. He could shock everyone and draft a QB if they fall, trade up or trade down for more picks. He's a bit of a wildcard at this point. Gruden does not care much for RG3 so who knows? Would Philly offer up Foles to Washington? I doubt it but I guess Chip is not real high on Foles.

The Jets are always willing to move up. I doubt they are set on Geno. Anyone trading up would have to get ahead of them if a QB should happen to fall as many mocks predict.

Houston (at 16) is about the only other team desperate for a QB.

So what are the scenarios?

Tampa takes Mariota. The Titans pass on Winston....

1 Mariota
2 Leonard Williams
3 Randy Gregory

4 Oakland trade to Cleveland for Winston. Would Farmer really take another troubled QB? That would be hard to believe.

4 Oakland trade to Philly (only if TB takes Winston): Oakland gets #20, 2016 1st, a 2nd rounder and LeSean McCoy.

4 Oakland trade to NYJ at 6??? Or Jax trade down?

The tough part about these trades is how much you have to give up for a head case QB. I think there could be more movement if Tampa takes Winston.

So many scenarios and it all impacts the Dolphins draft. Where will the FA QB's land?

Top FA QB's.... (I'm surprised no one is higher on Matt Moore)

Mark Sanchez, Brian Hoyer, Matt Moore, Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, Colt McCoy....

So glad we are not one of those teams again. It's a sad state to be looking for a QB right now. Weak draft and weak FA.

If I were a GM, Matt Moore would be my #1 stop gap option. Especially if I have no shot at one of the QB's. Somebody like Rex Ryan in Buffalo. Moore would also be my top option if I am one of the teams thinking about drafting Winston or Mariota.

The rest of those guys outside of Hoyer and Sanchez are not even good backups. Jake Locker maybe but he is fragile. he could probably hold a clipboard but he cannot be counted on to play much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Draft rumors
Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: February 11, 2015 09:00AM

I will be really, really surprised if Matt Moore returns to the Dolphins. Of course I said that when he re-signed three years ago. I would imagine that some fresh QB talent will be walking in the door this summer. Team has already re-signed McLeod Bethel-Thompson.

Re: Draft rumors
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: February 11, 2015 11:48AM

cshashaty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will be really, really surprised if Matt Moore
> returns to the Dolphins. Of course I said that
> when he re-signed three years ago. I would imagine
> that some fresh QB talent will be walking in the
> door this summer. Team has already re-signed
> McLeod Bethel-Thompson.

There are a few teams out there that are QB needy. Moore is better than the guys they presently have.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.