HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          What Should We Do Today?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
What Should We Do Today?
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 06, 2015 07:29AM

The season ended for the Dolphins following our loss to the Jets. Being retired, I often ask myself when I get up in the morning, "what should I do today?" Most of you don't have that (luxury?) yet, because your younger, raising families, working for a living, etc.

Apply the end of the season situation to the coaching staff in terms of "what should we do today." There's no on the field work. There are other things, I suppose they do, to "stay busy," but what?

Does Philbin, for example, meet with all his assistants and go over what they learned? Do they all sit down, and put together a lessons learned package, dealing with the things that happened during practice, during the games for each game? Do they start looking at player contracts? Do they assess players, their roles and contributions to the team? Do they take a break from all the day-in-and-day-out stuff they do during the season and take some time off?

Does Philbin have meetings with scouts? Does he meet with Hickey to address future needs? Does Philbin examine himself, as to what he can do to improve his relationship with the players, coaches, Mr. Ross?

Coach Philbin, what did you do yesterday? What are you doing today? What about tomorrow?

More questions than answers cause I have no answers. Anyone know what goes on for real? Does one need a special handshake to find out what goes on inside the Dolphins HQ? grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What Should We Do Today?
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 06, 2015 08:15AM

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 06, 2015 08:20AM

Hopefully Coyle is staying busy cleaning out his desk and locker.

As for me, coffee harvesting season is here and I'm building an addition on the house, it's hard work. Didn't watch a single game this past weekend and, probably won't watch a game until SB.

Looking forward to training camp and next season. I hope the coaches are too.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: January 06, 2015 09:30AM

Philbin has already had outgoing player interviews with every single player.

Now he has to go over tape with Hickey to evaluate who to keep, sign or let go.

In addition, he has stated that is evaluating coaches. Along with this I am sure he is meeting with Hickey, Marino and Garfinkel to take a look at the coaches around the league who could be the next DC. They then have to weigh whether these potential coaches are an upgrade to Coyle. I'm HOPING that the delay is because they want to interview coaches who are currently in the playoffs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.