HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins rewind of the game.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins rewind of the game.
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 20, 2014 04:01AM

Jones makes a huge difference on the defense. Defense is looking great right now since his return. Nice to see him out there making plays.

Easily the best game of the year, most complete game of the year for all 4 quarters on both sides of the ball.

Tannehill played his best most complete game of the year. I think it is obvious now that he should run the ball EARLY in the game to get himself in the flow of the game. Once he had the nice early run he seemed to settle in and play his best game. He was accurate in his passes and thus there were fewer drops. He had some negative decisions and didnt run the play clock down as he should have, but his over all play and thus the play of the offense was very nice.

Miller continues to make plays and be a solid force for the team.

If the coaches are smart and force Tannehill to run early in the games the season could suddenly turn around.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins rewind of the game.
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 20, 2014 04:11AM

He still gets rattled and makes poor decisions when pressured. Hopefully the tinkering with the o-line settles down.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: October 20, 2014 04:14AM

Less of that this last game. He made a couple of nice plays, the side arm pass was nice.

They have given up on the deep passes, not sure how defenses will adjust to that, but so far so good.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 20, 2014 04:51AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 20, 2014 05:17AM

See what happens when the players stay disciplined, take care of their assignments and execute...we play a complete game and good things happen.

Great game this week from everyone.

Faults: yes there was one glaring one. We left alot of points on the field...should'a scored 40 yesterday. We have to cure that and get the ball in the end zone given the chance.

Date: October 20, 2014 06:09AM

FG missed/ FG blocked. Tannehill coulda ran for an easy TD. But those are things that can be cleaned up.

Looking forward to the next few games. Jacksonville game is a classic trap game, need to come out inspired.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 20, 2014 08:01AM

Date: October 20, 2014 08:19AM

Both defenders had their back to him. Woulda been easy, he was already out running the defender.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 20, 2014 09:40AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, I agree. It was the Dolphins' most complete
> game. The Bears ('da Bears) looked puzzled,
> confused and totally frustrated that nothing
> worked for them. Our D was strong. Secondary did
> great covering receivers.
>
> Movement made the offense come alive. If the game
> plans continue to do that, opponents will have to
> adjust somewhere to consider Tannehill's ability
> to run with the ball. It's an added dimension.
>
> It appears the deep pass is out. Tannehill
> doesn't have enough accuracy to do it so we need
> to work with what he does best, move and pass on
> the fly with an occasional spurt down the field.
>
>
> Scoring early put the Bears in the hole. We need
> to do that to every team we play. Also, we won
> the flip and went to offense and did not defer.
> Take it to the other team. Scoring first makes a
> difference.

Agreed in that the "occasional spurt down the field" is utilized. I would try it three to four times a game, depending on situation. And...not always to Wallace. RT will connect on some of those; just enough to keep the defense honest.

Yeah, Philbin went against what he normally does, and that was to put his offense on the field first, however, the Fins went nowhere on that first series, so basically, it turned out the same way it normally would have if Phiblin deferred.

Date: October 20, 2014 10:16AM

In this case I think I would have kicked off.

Amazing how dull bland they looked on the first drive. Then the second when Tannehill ran the team suddenly looked inspired.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 20, 2014 12:28PM

I wouldn't ever defer...I'd want the ball all of the time every time.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 20, 2014 12:52PM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wouldn't ever defer...I'd want the ball all of
> the time every time.

Philbin said recently in games when we didn't get the ball at the start of the game, the opposing team scored on the opening drive, and that played a part in the decision not to defer when we won the toss..

This game was Tannehill's highest passer rating of his entire NFL career... Tannehill's accuracy was on point in this game and his footwork was on point... Great performance from him on many levels...

The read option really helped keep the defense honest, which had a tremendous impact on what we could do as an offense..

I also loved that we went for it on 4th down, even when we had the lead... We played to win the game and put it away, not that defeatist crap we saw the week before...

The rookie RT James also had an incredible game, the 4th down run by Tannehill was sealed with an amazing block by James and then Clay... GO back and watch the tape, James really cleared the right side like a prowler to spring that run...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 12:54PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 20, 2014 02:24PM

Deferring is a choice that can be defended either way.

Most teams like to defer because if at half you are ahead, you have the first opportunity to get farther ahead and if you are behind, you have an opportunity to close the gap.

But if your team is giving up early points, that's a reason to not defer.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 21, 2014 02:25AM

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 21, 2014 05:37AM

Sure was refreshing to not be cursing and shaking my head all afternoon Sunday winking smiley. While I'm hopeful, I'm trying not to get to excited:

Tannehill looked good, REAL good for a lot of the game. That second TD was a nice throw in a place where he usually makes poor ones. BUT...he's had good games here and there before, just like Henne did, then reverted.

The D looked dominant no doubt about it, they CONTROLLED the LOS. Now Cutler isn't exactly Peyton Manning when he has no running game going but if the D stays healthy, and we can get a little better LB play against the pass, great D could well be back in Miami.

STILL lots of blown opportunities and conservative calls when we could have went for the throat early on.

Poor 3rd down eff.

Poor Red Zone efficiency.

Once again we lose the penalty battle in miserable fashion.

The Bears are an average team.

But hey a win is a win and we needed that one BAD.

Date: October 21, 2014 05:44AM

True that. When we scored the first TD I felt way better about the game.

When Cutler checked off a good play and tried to force the ball deep early I felt really good. I thought they think they have this game won.

By halftime it was really a nice feeling.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.