HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Some of you need bipolar medication.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Some of you need bipolar medication.
Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: September 28, 2014 01:27PM

From the threads ive read, a lot of you really need to take a seat and calm the hell down. I realize that fans of this franchise have been through a tough ten years, but come on. This coach, this team, this QB, trounced the Pats, and everyone loves it. We go on a two game skid and you are all calling for a COMPLETE FRANCHISE DUMP. Are you kidding me? Those of you that called for us to fire our coach and/or throw away tbe best qb draftee this team has had since Marino need to just stop posting. You look foolish. We are what we thought we were. An 8-8 to 10-6 caliber team with possible playoff aspirations depending on how we play in a few key games. You didnt really expect this team to come out 4-0 did you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some of you need bipolar medication.
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 28, 2014 01:43PM

I didn't expect it, but this team certainly has the talent to have pulled it off.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 28, 2014 02:42PM

There are several regulars that fit your bipolar medication topic, but most of us don't.

The key to believing in your team is how they play each week. A team that is very competitive may lose 3-5 games a season, and I'll bet very few of those loses are blowouts like we saw today with Oakland getting their butts kicked badly.

The up and down we see with the Fins is the main reason most of us comment about the team, it's game plan, play calling, and variety of mistakes that destroys the ability to win.

Its been a long time, years, since I've had people comment about a loss like: "Boy that was some exciting game. We scored, they scored, we stopped them, and then they scored at the last second beating us by one point. We should have won, but that was one sensational play at the end that got us."

Of late, most of the losses are like: "Can you believe that, we were terrible, what happened to special teams, and there were so many dropped passes. Our defense couldn't stop a thing and our inability to score was terrible. Why did we pass when we could have run it; we had been averaging 5 yds a carry. Damn foolish play calling. Stupid coaching."

If we lost a game like the first example, we'd still be unhappy but not asking for a new QB, better guards, better line backers, a mobile quarterback, and a head coach that knew what the heck he was doing.

BTW, I never expected the Dolphins to be 4-0. But I did have hope that we'd be tough as heck to beat and were not subject to the example in my second example, above.

At this moment, there are many NFL teams wondering about who they are. A lot of teams are playing all over the place. By week 6, some will have determined they are better then others, while others, like Oakland and Jacksonville will be wondering when things will improve so they can be an 8-8 team.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 28, 2014 02:53PM

Nice way to introduce yourself, Mr FootballGod.

Not only could there be bipolar issues, there could be anger management issues here as well.

Hang around here long enough and you might need counseling or meds yourself.

With that said, this is a message board where people vent, celebrate, ridicule, you name it. If you're boggled about what you've read on this site and it inspired you to start a thread such as you have, then perhaps you should stay away.

Date: September 28, 2014 03:11PM

Im sorry but bandwagon, fair weather fans that think that if you dont win every game or at worst lose by a maximum of one point make me question why they themselves would take the time to hang around a message board devoted to hardcore fans.

Listen, I realize that passion is a main ingredient in what it takes to be a good fan. But don't let your passion overrule your good sense. It takes three years just to mold a franchise into a machine that operates a certain way. Flushing out an administration after three years like we've had is rash at best, more like idiotic. I've been a fan from birth. Raised in a family of fans. Losses hurt me as much as it does to anyone, but I know that flushing out a promising coach and qb isnt the answer at this point. Not even close.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 28, 2014 04:02PM

Hey! I never lost faith in this team....YES YOU DID...no I didn't!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 28, 2014 04:29PM

Maybe it's the team and coach who need bipolar medication. Beating the Patriots 2-1 and losing to the Kansas City Chiefs at 1-2.

All would have to concede that the Bills are no longer "the Lowly Bills."

Oh well, those two , NE and KC, play each other on MNF.

We'll see how tough the Chiefs are.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 28, 2014 04:40PM

Welcome to the Board, FG

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: September 28, 2014 04:53PM

FootballGod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From the threads ive read, a lot of you really
> need to take a seat and calm the hell down. I
> realize that fans of this franchise have been
> through a tough ten years, but come on. This
> coach, this team, this QB, trounced the Pats, and
> everyone loves it. We go on a two game skid and
> you are all calling for a COMPLETE FRANCHISE DUMP.
> Are you kidding me? Those of you that called for
> us to fire our coach and/or throw away tbe best qb
> draftee this team has had since Marino need to
> just stop posting. You look foolish. We are what
> we thought we were. An 8-8 to 10-6 caliber team
> with possible playoff aspirations depending on how
> we play in a few key games. You didnt really
> expect this team to come out 4-0 did you?

smileys with beer

Date: September 28, 2014 05:26PM

JC Wrote:
> Welcome to the Board, FG

Thanks

Date: September 28, 2014 06:08PM

Joe, JC as the moderator has to welcome him but pretty soon I have a feeling that you and Football God (Boy, I thought no one could top THE Truth but when you go around calling yourself God, step Back, Truth), will part ways.

Joe, your posts seem to be right on target with no agenda, Joe, this guy seems like the new guy on the school yard who wants to introduce himself as the Bully. There are plenty on this board who will take him down.

Date: September 28, 2014 06:39PM

Im no bully. I came here to talk football. My posts about peoples opinions on RT and coach are passionate, not offensive. I dont and wont call names, and ill always try to back my opinions up with knowledge and facts. Personnally, I dont see where I've bullied anyone. Maybe I haven't come to the message board in the meakest of faahions, but is that who you'd rather talk ball with? Some ass kissing pansy?

As for my forum name, it was a gamertag my brother gave me as a joke long ago after playing madden one to many hours and its stuck for better or worse over the years. Its meant as a goof, not a description of my football prowess.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 28, 2014 08:39PM

Hello new guy. I've suffered with this team since the 84' super bowl loss, it's been a long time. Prior to that--I thought there was hope on the horizon. Every season, the hope dims a little, gets a little blurrier and harder to see. When JJ was hired I was convinced that we'd finally get back and there were even strong signs of us improving and when he suddenly departed..it felt like I was shot. I didn't understand what was going on and why we were left with the moron wannedstedt for so long. I remember a feeling of my pledge never to go to Blockbuster..and I put a curse on that place because of Wayne Huzienga's hard headed decision to stick with wannstache. Finally we got rid of wanderbrain for this guy from college, and again I had a little bit of hope...Nick the ..ick Saban. When he left us like a coward I felt like I got shot again, and we got the retarded Camerooon..who provided us with a single thrill, the catch from Camarillo to stop our winless season. Those were dark days my friends.

Then we get Parcells and the "trifecta" , again I had hope..very high hope only to see it crash and burn again as Parcells ran out with his tail between his legs. Which left us with the lame brain sporano--worst game manager ever. Took us a while to get rid of that blockhead too. Now we are in another cycle with Philbin, and I wasnt too excited about hearing of his hiring but I was waiting to see if this guy had something--I don't think he does, but at least I wont be deflated this time if he fails.

Date: September 28, 2014 09:02PM

Hello new guy. eye rolling smiley

I hope this new personality at least hates the new logo.........drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 28, 2014 09:58PM

confused smiley. Introducing yourself to a community, by telling people they need to take psychological medicines? Really? You probably
Could use some psych meds to help out with your obvious shortcoming in the social skills area... If you want to talk football great, but this isn't how you do it... Go back and read what you claim about yourself and then what you wrote about others you are interacting with for the first time and please tell me you don't see the hypocrisy in your statements...
That being said you obviously don't judge a team week to week, yes we get it, thanks for saving us all with such a brilliant take on football... Wow glad you showed up just in time to save us by dropping such insightful knowledge while advising members to take psych meds...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 29, 2014 12:18AM

good post, footballgod.

I see you have most of the regulars on the defensive already and I see chryen has already started another thread with a poll because of you.

I'd say more insecure than bipolar.

Date: September 29, 2014 01:01AM

Crowder52, does the topic offend you? Should I put on kid gloves? Jesus, people on this board are sensitive. I thought this was a football board, not a sewing group.

Posted by: TannyDaMan ()
Date: September 29, 2014 01:02AM

The bi-polar fans are the ones who post that topic on this forum. We beat a hapless Raiders team. Not like they have many playmakers or a coach worth a shit. Need to beat the Packers and string together a little win streak before this fan believes yesterday was no fluke.

Posted by: TannyDaMan ()
Date: September 29, 2014 01:45AM

FootballGod Wrote:
> Im sorry but bandwagon, fair weather fans that
> think that if you dont win every game or at worst
> lose by a maximum of one point make me question
> why they themselves would take the time to hang
> around a message board devoted to hardcore fans.
>
> Listen, I realize that passion is a main
> ingredient in what it takes to be a good fan. But
> don't let your passion overrule your good sense.
> It takes three years just to mold a franchise into
> a machine that operates a certain way. Flushing
> out an administration after three years like we've
> had is rash at best, more like idiotic. I've been
> a fan from birth. Raised in a family of fans.
> Losses hurt me as much as it does to anyone, but I
> know that flushing out a promising coach and qb
> isnt the answer at this point. Not even close.

I don't know who you are. I like your enthusiasm but look kid I don't tell others how to root. You should do the same. With that said if you are truly a new poster time to ice up son! Your in for a long bumpy roller coaster ride!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2014 01:46AM by TannyDaMan.

Date: September 29, 2014 03:36AM

FootballGod Wrote:
> Crowder52, does the topic offend you? Should I put
> on kid gloves? Jesus, people on this board are
> sensitive. I thought this was a football board,
> not a sewing group.

So let me get this straight, all I did was reciprocate your very own demeanor in this thread, and now people on this board are sensitive. lol..got ya... Sorry but to me the way you acted with your "introduction" to this community was someone that was himself bipolar or has social issues... What is good for the goose is good for the gander? Are you the one that needs a sewing group, if you can only dish it out randomly at people you "just" met but can't take any of it when it comes back at you? If you are going to be an ass you better thicken up that skin... Also one more tidbit of advice, you don't need to sell us on your inherent football knowledge... Most of the time someone with that type of "inherent" knowledge of the game, doesn't need to tell or sell people about it, that knowledge will inherently speak for itself..

We had a great win, I really don't care to bother myself with this crap anymore... Lets just enjoy the victory and tone down the tough guy calling out strangers rhetoric.. it is weightless...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 29, 2014 03:41AM

Right on Crowder.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: September 29, 2014 03:55AM

gheesh..... i have no problem with what the guy was saying.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 29, 2014 04:31AM

FootballGod--

First off, I have no problem with your moniker. Your explanation about how you got it is fine. We all know you aren't a God. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out What we can assess from your posts is that you are a Dolphins fan. And, I think, I'm right about that. We have several posters that may or not be. They "troll" to antagonize others.

Secondly, It takes a while to be accepted as "normal." I will call it that. Guys need to read more posts from you to gain confidence in what you say and why. They want to get to know you.

Coming out strongly as you did with your topic, didn't endear many regulars who have been posting for many years. They have been posting and lamenting over each new QB, every new HC, every OC, DC, best new WR weekly during the season. Their attitudes have been adjusted because of repeated failures in all those departments year after year. Being a Dolphins fan has been painful and many on this forum are sensitive to being called out as having mental illness--especially by a newcomer.

Just take you time. We all want to the Dolphins to be a winner. We have that in common.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 29, 2014 10:37AM

FootballGod Wrote:
> From the threads ive read, a lot of you really
> need to take a seat and calm the hell down. I
> realize that fans of this franchise have been
> through a tough ten years, but come on. This
> coach, this team, this QB, trounced the Pats, and
> everyone loves it. We go on a two game skid and
> you are all calling for a COMPLETE FRANCHISE DUMP.
> Are you kidding me? Those of you that called for
> us to fire our coach and/or throw away tbe best qb
> draftee this team has had since Marino need to
> just stop posting. You look foolish. We are what
> we thought we were. An 8-8 to 10-6 caliber team
> with possible playoff aspirations depending on how
> we play in a few key games. You didnt really
> expect this team to come out 4-0 did you?

NO ONE on this board expected Miami to come out blazing at 4-0, but...

We did expect Miami to play solid football, and until the Oakland game, they weren't even close, except for the second half of the NE game.

I agree that RT is the best QB Miami has had since Marino, but that isn't saying much. RT has to continue to play like he did vs Oakland. If he falters, then I can see the Fins finishing sub-500 for the season, Philbin getting fired, and IF Hickey stays, probably looking for (his) QB in next year's draft. Not saying Hickey and/or the new HC would dump RT. If they were smart, they would keep RT until the new guy is ready. Saying that...RT's contract is up, so that could complicate things.

At this juncture, hard to say what may or may not happen. All I want is for our guys to play well and win most of their games. Not asking too much, am I? smoking smiley

Date: September 29, 2014 11:24AM

The negative posts were for attention.These new positive postings are a sad cry to now fit in. Now they fit in if we win or lose. Psych 101.however they ALL attack the same forum members.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 29, 2014 11:26AM

Exactly Treasurecoast.

Date: September 29, 2014 11:33AM

Lets just move on, we had a great win! Lets see if he can drop some knowledge and insight.. This isn't an easy place to fit in... But ultimately if you bring some good stuff to the table worth reading, the members will for the most part respect it... I just don't like that this is the type of stuff that is clogging the board after a nice win, going into the bye week .500... Who gives a sh*t... All I care about not happening is if you waste my time... If you don't then I welcome him.. Lets be honest, we all have made an ass of ourselves before... lets give him a chance to redeem himself... and most importantly move on...

Nietzsche

Date: September 29, 2014 11:38AM

Well, I can agree he needs to "redeem himself." Just a stupid way to introduce yourself.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: September 29, 2014 11:46AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Lets just move on, we had a great win! Lets see if
> he can drop some knowledge and insight.. This
> isn't an easy place to fit in... But ultimately if
> you bring some good stuff to the table worth
> reading, the members will for the most part
> respect it... I just don't like that this is the
> type of stuff that is clogging the board after a
> nice win, going into the bye week .500... Who
> gives a sh*t... All I care about not happening is
> if you waste my time... If you don't then I
> welcome him.. Lets be honest, we all have made an
> ass of ourselves before... lets give him a chance
> to redeem himself... and most importantly move
> on...

thumbs up

Date: September 29, 2014 12:00PM

dolphin Wrote:
> gheesh..... i have no problem with what the guy
> was saying.

Just noticed this post among the others.

YOU SHOULD BE THE MAIN ONE having a problem with this post because you are the most negative poster.

UNLESS, it's the "BI-" part of the post you agree with because bipolar refers to people who go from being happy with the team to being mad with it......and that does not apply to you because YOU ARE, YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN, AND YOU WILL ALWAYS BE TOTALLY NEGATIVE ABOUT THE QB...so I guess you are not BI-polar, dolphin. You have only one pole and it's negative.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.