HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Breakout Dolphins
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Breakout Dolphins
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: July 22, 2014 03:58AM

We sure have enough candidates this year after red-shirting most of our 2013 draft class but I like what I have been reading about a few of the players.

One in particular is Jordan Tripp. I am not sure where they plan on lining him up but I do know he has been running with the starting nickle unit at MLB with Jelaney Jenkins. I think he could push Wheeler into one of two things.....to play better or right out of a job. This will depend on how quickly he picks up Coyle's scheme. Something Wheeler struggled with all year.

I would not be surprised to see him mentioned a lot in training camp and preseason. This is a guy who has the physical skill to get the job done. He ran the fastest short shuttle (3.96) of any linebacker since 2006 when AJ Hawk ran a sub 4.4. He was sandwiched between two big name draftees in the 3-cone...Anthony Barr and Ryan Shazier.

The other player I am thinking of is Lamar Miller. I had my doubts in the past but I like his work ethic. He has been training with Frank Gore for two off seasons and has been with Gore at Bommarito Performance Systems in Miami all off season. With Moreno's injury, the door is wide open for Miller to regain his starting spot and word is he is a great fit in Lazor's system. He definitely resembles McCoy more than any of our other backs.

So there you have it. My two under the radar players most likely to have a breakout year. I also have another player in mind. Jelaney Jenkins. If our two underachieving LB's don't pick their games up and start earning their money then we may just have a new LBing corp this year with Misi in the middle.

Miller also gets the nod because I don't see any way our offensive line can be worse than 2013. We have some pretty good run blockers and players that fit better in the system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2014 04:01AM by JoeFootball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breakout Dolphins
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: July 22, 2014 04:10AM

Good choices. I think both contribute a lot more this year.

I think Jimmy Wilson has a good year also.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: July 22, 2014 07:22AM

Jamar Taylor and/or Dallas Thomas......like Joe F said, with last years class getting a mulligan, the "breakout candidates" are endless.

Date: July 24, 2014 08:21AM

How about Anthony Johnson? This is like getting an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I am curious to see how he performs in camp.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: July 29, 2014 06:17AM

I am and have been a huge fan of Millers. As I stated earlier in this offense, spread like it is, he will put up very good numbers.

Date: July 29, 2014 09:18AM

Philbin seems to really like Gator Hoskins. Says he is really smart and is picking up the offense very well. He sounds like a Charles Clay clone. 6-foot-3, 255-pound Clay, Hoskins (6-2, 253).

10 touchdown receptions as a junior in 2012 and shattered that mark last fall when he had 15 TD?catches. That was seven more than any other tight end in the FBS (formerly Division I-A)?ranks.

Date: July 31, 2014 03:48AM

Sounds like Damien Williams may be snatching a spot away from someone. I can't remember when we have had so much legit competition on both sides of the ball.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.