HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          According to Armando..
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
According to Armando..
Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: May 08, 2014 09:50PM

We had offers to trade down. Now I personally hate this pick. I just feel we could have got a third maybe a second and dropped back like 8 to 10 slots and still got a starting quality RT! Sigh no excuse Hickey Dick!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: According to Armando..
Posted by: LUDUPORCU ()
Date: May 08, 2014 10:06PM

Drivel.

Date: May 09, 2014 03:28AM

If that's True it is disappointing. James would have been available in the second round. Or we could have grabbed him with a low 1st rounder if he had to have him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: May 09, 2014 04:33AM

it is true.... crazy not to make that trade.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 09, 2014 04:51AM

James was the only rt. no other ol left from that group was a rt and would need to switch positions which doesn't work out all that often. Once u see that the other guys are not all interchangeable and know we absolutely had to come away with a starting rt in this draft, the decision not to chance it with a trade down makes some sense.

Date: May 09, 2014 04:57AM

Hey we can sit here and justify the pick all we want but to me Hickey is a idiot and I want him fired for terrible drafting. Yeah we had offers but this was our man. Different year different person same results. Well I can't wait to see the no starting hacks he drafts for the rest of our picks!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: May 09, 2014 05:17AM

Nice positive attitude there Sicko.

Date: May 09, 2014 05:25AM

Sorry but I'm with the guys on tv that went silent after the pick was announced!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: May 09, 2014 05:40AM

If THAT pick had been made by The Cowboys or NE or the jest, they would have been gushing.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: May 09, 2014 06:09AM

Not saying he is a bad player but I just felt that our best decision was to trade down then pick up either a LG or RT available!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 09, 2014 06:11AM

If they'd traded down, and James was taken by someone else, the remaining options likely would have been Cyrus Kouandjio (who has a bad knee which may or may not impact his career), Joel Bitonio who is projected to be better suited as a guard, or Morgan Moses (who was coached in college by our new offensive coordinator and yet we still passed, hmm...). If James is a solid RT for us, then I'm good with the pick. The person I blame is Jeff Ireland for leaving the offensive line in such an utter state of disarray. At least I expect this first round pick to have a bigger impact on the team than last year's first round pick did--the one we traded up to get while ignoring the LT position (because some moronic GM thought that a turd named Martin who he spent a 2nd round pick for would be an adequate LT).

Date: May 09, 2014 06:15AM

Well I'll give him a one time pass for screwing up on not trading down. I hope he makes up for it the next two days but my expectations are now A lot more short sided and etc.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 09, 2014 09:27AM

LOL, fired for terrible drafting less then 24 hrs after 1 pick, most moronic statement EVER made on this board.......

Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: May 09, 2014 09:58AM

James, it is reported, hurt his knee at the Senior Bowl. Wait and
see how that turns out....

Date: May 09, 2014 10:14AM

davdoldew4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> James, it is reported, hurt his knee at the Senior
> Bowl. Wait and
> see how that turns out....

I'm only concerned if it was hurt blowing Hickey.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 09, 2014 10:24AM

I wasn't thrilled with the pick. I wanted more bang for the buck. Sucks that both LB's were gone. Outside of that there was really no one to get too excited about.

That being said, it's a little too early to make a harsh judgement. This guy could turn out to be an All Pro.

I remember when everyone thought Seattle was a bunch of amateurs for reaching in the draft. Now look at them.

We may end up with our starting right side being from Tennessee.

Date: May 09, 2014 12:44PM

We got a second round tackle who hopefully will be a starter. Terrible pick. Can not slice it any other way. I'm glad we got a RT hopefully but way over paid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.