HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I see what you guys mean
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I see what you guys mean
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 04, 2014 02:13PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I see what you guys mean
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 04, 2014 02:43PM

Omar is such a douche. He doesn't realize that when a GM says he picks the BPA...he really means that....

A. he is trying to throw everyone off by avoiding the reality that he is going to pick the obvious player that everyone knows he should pick.

B. he is the GM of a mostly stocked team that can afford to pick the BPA and not worry about HAVING to field dire need.

C. he is trying to garner interest in a trade.

D. picking a QB in the first round on a team as fragile as the Dolphins will just divide a locker room at the first interception in a loss. See NY Jets and Tim Tebow, etc.

OK so he couldn't trade down but he could have taken an immediate starter/contributor (and send a message to slackers) in a player like Ryan Shazier or Calvin Pryor.....

Or taken a player with huge upside like Brandon Cooks, Bradley Roby, Kelvin Benjamin (potential TE), Jason Verett, Cyrus Kouandjio or Xavier Su'a-Filo.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 04, 2014 05:05PM

The more controversial he is......the more Twitter hits he gets.......the more money he gets.....Omar is a moron, he's admitted that no QB in this class is better then RT17, but he has us taking one in the 1st round???????Idiot

Date: May 04, 2014 06:34PM

Omar is such a douche , when he sweats he smells like a salad.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: May 04, 2014 11:36PM

I like reading his stuff because he includes detailed information that so many other writers don't, and I can formulate an opinion with the info and objective observations (when they make an appearance). But when he goes into editorial commentary which generally leaps into self-lauding, it's tough for me to keep reading.

This reminds me of the logic that led to picking Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees. Coincidentally, it sort of reminds me of the Chargers picking Rivers when they had Brees. I don't remember the condition of the Chargers' OL at the time, but my guess is that they ultimately would have preferred to keep Brees and build around him...worked pretty well in NO.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 05, 2014 03:27AM

I really think he does it on purpose. I did not read the guy but started to last year so I could see where folks were coming from. Sometimes he writes some damn good stuff. Sometimes he sounds like an idiot. Reminds me of when I met one of the editorial writers from the Bmore Sun years ago. I told him sometimes I really like his stories and sometimes he is just an a**. He smiled and said 'thanks' that's the reaction he wants from his readers.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: May 05, 2014 06:12AM

He picked the best player left on the board at that pick. He explains his pick.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: May 05, 2014 01:17PM

All I can say about Kelly is that when he made his pick during NFL AM, he chose ILB Mosley from Alabama.

Date: May 05, 2014 05:03PM

The Only thing Omar is good at picking is his ass.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.