HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Irleland lands a job.........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Irleland lands a job.........
Date: April 26, 2014 08:42AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Irleland lands a job.........
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 26, 2014 09:12AM

Well I guess my favorite NFC team will turn towards mediocrity now just like my Dolphins have been.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 26, 2014 12:00PM

man wtf is seattle thinking? are looking to pass on good players in order to reach on injured mediocre ones?

Posted by: ncdolphfan ()
Date: April 26, 2014 12:12PM

The two are friends. I think they worked together with the Chiefs.

Date: April 26, 2014 02:52PM

Someone else touched on it in another thread once........Seattle may be the smartest Team out there. He is just a consultant. They could just do the exact opposite of what he recommends. eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: April 26, 2014 05:25PM

The biggest mistake that he made with the Dolphin organization was to hire Fail-bin and we're still stuck with him.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 26, 2014 05:33PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The biggest mistake that he made with the Dolphin
> organization was to hire Fail-bin and we're still
> stuck with him.

Ha, ha, ha, where were you a few months ago when BNF and I could have used you, Hooligan.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 27, 2014 04:04AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> The biggest mistake that he made with the Dolphin
> organization was to hire Fail-bin and we're still
> stuck with him.

I think you can make a very strong argument that Philbin was the owners choice as HC more than he was Ireland's, at least based on the owners actions after Martin checked out.

There's no way for us to know for sure but Ross acted like he was protecting his guy. One would think that if Philbin was just Ireland's hire that it would have been very easy, and quite sensible, to fire them both at the same time. There has to be a reason he didn't.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 27, 2014 04:24AM

THE Truth Wrote:

> There's no way for us to know for sure but Ross
> acted like he was protecting his guy. One would
> think that if Philbin was just Ireland's hire that
> it would have been very easy, and quite sensible,
> to fire them both at the same time. There has to
> be a reason he didn't.

incompetence?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 27, 2014 05:48AM

The team has been run by Ross for at least 3-4 years IMO, everything that has happened points to that... It is a large part of the problem our team has had with being successful. We have some rich guy with no experience in sports, who has bought himself power and control of our beloved franchise.. Pretty much sucks....And the only way to get your way within the power struggle of the franchise is to kiss his ass, just the way he wants it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: April 27, 2014 04:04PM

THE Truth Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> I think you can make a very strong argument that
> Philbin was the owners choice as HC more than he
> was Ireland's, at least based on the owners
> actions after Martin checked out.

You know, I believe Ross is a decent guy. At least his bio suggests that he is a devoted family man.
He may have picked Philbin off Ireland's short list based solely on the tragic death of the son and not for any football related insight.
If that's the case, we may be stuck with him for several more seasons even if there is no noticeable improvement.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 27, 2014 04:52PM

I think the bulk of this board has Ross pegged 100% wrong, i'm not claiming he's a good owner (although I think we could do worse), but the way some guys depict him on here is way off base IMO

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 27, 2014 04:57PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> I think the bulk of this board has Ross pegged
> 100% wrong, i'm not claiming he's a good owner
> (although I think we could do worse), but the way
> some guys depict him on here is way off base IMO

+1

Date: April 28, 2014 04:00AM

Please explain how we have Ross pegged wrong? That is a very broad statement... Can u give me specifics on how and what we have him pegged wrong?

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 28, 2014 07:19AM

I wasn't calling you out specifically Crowder, but without going back and searching every thread for every quote, it is MY OPINION that a lot of people on this board have mis-read Ross a bit, he is sometimes depicted as an attention seeking owner who meedles in football affairs, doesn't care if we win or lose and only cares about the bottom line`and rubbing elbows with celebrities. Again, MY OPINION, but I think if any of us could spend a little time with him, those depictions would be furthest from the truth (little t). And i'm not defending him as an owner, he has his warts (the Harbaugh fiasco, etc) but I think his heart is in the right spot on most of his decisions, and we could by far do much worse for an owner.

Date: April 28, 2014 08:46AM

Could be a lot worse......at least he is not telling his girlfriend to stop bringing certain people of race to the games.......LOL. That's a Turd owner!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 28, 2014 08:47AM

dolphaholic-

He is a relatively new owner, and is second only to Jerry Jones on how many press conference he has given in the last 3-4 years... As you mentioned the Harbaugh fiasco surely showed meddling into football operations by the owner... Add to that the idea of Ross being the guy that hired Philbin more then Ireland would indicate football meddling as well... Add to that the grumbling of the power structure battle last year, with Dawn Aponte getting into his ear last year on plane flights, and drawing the line in the sand between her Philbin and Ireland...

Most of the time, you are suppose to hire a GM and the GM hires the coach.. That is not how Ross did it.... He has hired everybody, and everybody answers directly to him rather then the GM coach hierarchy... He has created this mess of accountability, and structure has gone out the window... When he has been asked about it, he says I am the one spending the money so that is why I am making the decisions(paraphrased)...
He got in a foolish mess with the state and threatened the FLorida Speaker of the house publicly when he didnt get his way with the stadium funding bill.. Then Mike Dee, quits or is fired by all accounts, with very little explanation of why it really happened...

I dont think Ross is a bad guy, he is just an ego driven billionaire, use to power and control in his waning years of life in a business he has no idea about... and because of his ego and success in the real estate development business he thinks he is smart enough and best suited to make this team successful... Something I think is a bit foolish and based in ego driven philosophy rather then realism... I dont hate Ross, I just dont think what he has been doing and the way he is going about things is the right way in a facet of areas related to this franchise... And that isnt even mentioning the logo change, orange carpet, club liv, celeberity owners nonsense...
The guy is pretty inexperienced and foolish in the sports franchise business thus far...

Do you think anything I said or stated is unfounded about the guy and his tenure as owner?

Nietzsche

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2014 10:55AM by Crowder52.

Date: April 28, 2014 12:17PM

Ross is the first owner to completely change the Logo. For that he is on my shit list. He gave in and put the fight song back , but I can't wait until he sells the team so they can change it back to at least an updated version of the old Logo. F SEAWORLD and Ross's ownership in that too.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 28, 2014 02:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.