Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Interesting article on the "culture" of the Miami Dolphins as far back as 2005.........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Interesting article on the "culture" of the Miami Dolphins as far back as 2005.........
Date: April 04, 2014 11:24AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Interesting article on the "culture" of the Miami Dolphins as far back as 2005.........
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 04, 2014 11:53AM

Yawn.

Simple minds
in search of
simple answers.

Oh well...

When you suck

triviality becomes a

necessary diversion…

My opinion.

Of course.

BNF

Re: Interesting article on the "culture" of the Miami Dolphins as far back as 2005.........
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 04, 2014 04:54PM

Statements like this are no supprise really. Parcells was always known as a no nonsense guy. He always wanted players and teams that were 100% dedicated to the buisiness of football...unless you were one of his chosen guys. Some of the guys he really loved got by with quite a bit. That was just not the rule though.

Date: April 04, 2014 09:20PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yawn.
>
> Simple minds
> in search of
> simple answers.
>
> Oh well...
>
> When you suck
>
> triviality becomes a
>
> necessary diversion…
>
> My opinion.
>
> Of course.
>
> BNF

That's what I said when I first saw it. Did you even take the time to read it?

He thought nothing of it until he went to other Teams , The Bears and the Ravens , and both encouraged time off for family reasons. Not the Phins. Not Parcells, or Saban would allow it. If its so easy to answer then answer this Mr Simple mind:

Why do other teams allow it and are successful (Ravens won the SB in 12')?

Why are we the farm club for the NFL ? How come such a high percentage of players that leave us are very successful elsewhere?

Why did we have a hard time attracting Free agents for that period with such a great destination as South Florida !!?

I'm not saying its the reason for the above , but it certainly has validity and is a clue to all of the above of a culture of an organization that breeds mediocrity.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 05, 2014 03:51AM

Ive wondered many times why people didn't want to play for this team.

Date: April 05, 2014 08:33AM

Brendon Ayanbadejo isn't just spewing sour Grapes. He made this observation after years of playing with other Teams and has been very successful elsewhere. Got some Jewelry as well to prove it. I think its a very valid assessment and something Coach Philbin needs to take to heart. You would think that someone who has gone through personal Tragedy himself would understand that. Maybe he does. Haven't heard any complaints on him yet.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: April 08, 2014 09:31AM

I agree with Treasure..

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: April 08, 2014 09:31AM

I agree with Treasure..

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 08, 2014 11:02AM

ayanbadejo stunk anyways. Scrub.

Date: April 08, 2014 12:10PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> ayanbadejo stunk anyways. Scrub.

LOL. Several Probowls and a Ring. I wouldn't mind some of that kinda stinks around here. eye rolling smileydrinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 08, 2014 12:20PM

Treasure did you intend to provide links to the words "career" and "to win" in your post? They are set up as links and I think some virus program has invaded our chatboard, JC.

Date: April 08, 2014 04:09PM

No I did not and I don't have a clue what your referring to? All is fine on the east coast brother.......confused smiley No linkage

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: April 08, 2014 04:42PM

Saban was f%@ng scum anyway... This is the same guy who walked over Jeno James while he was lying on the ground having convulsions. That guy (Saban) is just an asshole, full-stop.

As for the rest... who's to say? Coaches have changed, players have changed, execs have changed... this isn't the same team it was in 2005 in many, many ways. How much did the culture carry over from one era to another? It would take an insider who was there for a long time (Jason Taylor? John Denney?) to say for sure.

Date: April 08, 2014 06:29PM

Doctor Feelgood Wrote:
> Saban was f%@ng scum anyway... This is the same
> guy who walked over Jeno James while he was lying
> on the ground having convulsions. That guy
> (Saban) is just an asshole, full-stop.
>
> As for the rest... who's to say? Coaches have
> changed, players have changed, execs have
> changed... this isn't the same team it was in 2005
> in many, many ways. How much did the culture
> carry over from one era to another? It would take
> an insider who was there for a long time (Jason
> Taylor? John Denney?) to say for sure.

Jason Taylor went to the JETS. eye popping smiley What does that tell you?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 09, 2014 06:38PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> No I did not and I don't have a clue what your
> referring to? All is fine on the east coast
> brother.......confused smiley No linkage

I know this was addressed in the other thread, but if anyone has any questions about the function of the message board itself, the phins.com forum is the place to ask. Curt is more likely to notice and reply.

No I never saw any such links or crap like that on here either.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.