HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Condolences to Buffalo fans.........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Condolences to Buffalo fans.........
Date: March 31, 2014 02:58PM

Ralph Wilson , The equal to our Joe Robbie , Past away this past week. A founding NFL father. RIP.

What does this mean for the future of Buffalo? I think they sell to the highest bidder and that's got to be an investor from Toronto. The Commish has his eyes set on a whole new country of Profit Margin $$$$. TV deals/cable/ Jerseys/ stadium/ You name it.

Canada here they come. $$$$Ching Ching.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Condolences to Buffalo fans.........
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 31, 2014 03:39PM

rough time for bills fans. jim kelly, the equivalent of our dan marino, has a really bad form of cancer and likely won't be around much longer.
I hope the Bills stay in Buff, that city lives for the team and if it left it would be pretty cruel. Canada does not deserve a team at all. Keep the NFL in the USA, please....

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 31, 2014 04:31PM

Football is football and lives are lives. Our fanship ends where personal tragedy is involved and we all, Dolphins, Pats, Bills, Jets and all of the other 28 teams their players, owners and fans, are all in the same family when it comes to personal tragedy. RIP, Ralph, you were a great guy.

Date: March 31, 2014 07:03PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rough time for bills fans. jim kelly, the
> equivalent of our dan marino, has a really bad
> form of cancer and likely won't be around much
> longer.
> I hope the Bills stay in Buff, that city lives for
> the team and if it left it would be pretty cruel.
> Canada does not deserve a team at all. Keep the
> NFL in the USA, please....

They already said that international NFL Teams are in the future. We have to travel to F***ing England again this year. Canada makes the most sense as the first Non USA Team just like the Expos were once. Its not that far for Bills fans. But that city just has die heart fans. No demographic or Money$$$. NFL Could give 2 shits about die heart fans. Commish wants to turn $40 million into 50. Can you imagine the profits from a whole country to be divided among 32 Teams!!? Ross just got a bonor without the use of any pills for the first time in yrs

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: April 01, 2014 01:19AM

Cuban was right.

10 years.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 01, 2014 04:27AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > rough time for bills fans. jim kelly, the
> > equivalent of our dan marino, has a really bad
> > form of cancer and likely won't be around much
> > longer.
> > I hope the Bills stay in Buff, that city lives
> for
> > the team and if it left it would be pretty
> cruel.
> > Canada does not deserve a team at all. Keep the
> > NFL in the USA, please....
>
>
> They already said that international NFL Teams are
> in the future. We have to travel to F***ing
> England again this year. Canada makes the most
> sense as the first Non USA Team just like the
> Expos were once. Its not that far for Bills
> fans. But that city just has die heart fans. No
> demographic or Money$$$. NFL Could give 2 shits
> about die heart fans. Commish wants to turn $40
> million into 50. Can you imagine the profits from
> a whole country to be divided among 32 Teams!!?
> Ross just got a bonor without the use of any pills
> for the first time in yrs

What about Canadian Taxes, I remember reading how MLB player's tried to avoid Canada because of the high taxes. NFL players make even less. Canada will not be a popular destination imho regardless of how beautiful Montreal is or how much fun can be had in Toronto.

Date: April 01, 2014 07:52AM

LOL. Look around you brother. Does NOT play by the same rules. Ross is the only team in the NFL actually paying the $4 million a year in Taxes. Think he gives a shit about $4 million a year? He has then in spare change in his plastic jug by the door. The other owners laugh at him because he wasn't able to handle his business and get the right politicians greased. That's the game Billionaires play.

NFL won't give the Team to any owner in Canada unless they can handle business. Pay the right people, get things going so they make money , and the Minions pay for it all. (we are minions BTW) winking smiley

Canada doesn't make the right noises , then the Bills will go to Oakland or L.A. Its all about the money , not the fans. never has been since My Dad has his heart broken as a boy when the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn to L.A. He has never looked at sports the same since. Its about business and the business of making more money.

Mark Cuban has left the building.............

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 01, 2014 08:18AM

> never has been since My
> Dad has his heart broken as a boy when the Dodgers
> moved from Brooklyn to L.A. He has never looked at
> sports the same since.

Damn, brother? Same deal with my old man, basically. That was when he stopped caring about baseball, which had always been his favorite sport. He got into the NFL for a while (phins season tix in the early-mid 70s) but then got disillusioned by the whole WFL fiasco and subsequent ticket price hikes. He used to love sports, but he hasn't given a fat baby's ass about it in decades.

Date: April 01, 2014 09:01AM

JC Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > never has been since My
> > Dad has his heart broken as a boy when the
> Dodgers
> > moved from Brooklyn to L.A. He has never looked
> at
> > sports the same since.
>
> Damn, brother? Same deal with my old man,
> basically. That was when he stopped caring about
> baseball, which had always been his favorite
> sport. He got into the NFL for a while (phins
> season tix in the early-mid 70s) but then got
> disillusioned by the whole WFL fiasco and
> subsequent ticket price hikes. He used to love
> sports, but he hasn't given a fat baby's ass about
> it in decades.

Exactly like my Dad. He lived dodgers baseball as a kid. I see his eyes light up even now when he talks about those early days at Ebbits field. He got into it again because of me in the 70's when the Mets were a force to be reckoned with. Yankees is a bad word in my house. Football wise as a Kid the Giants moved to Jersey early on , never considered them a local team. I don't know what it was, but I hated the jets right away. It was a natural instinct. My dad disillusioned by the Dodgers fiasco Never had a favorite NFL Team. So I adopted the Dolphins early on , right around 73' because they were the best and they were everywhere. I loved the colors and they just grew on me. I didn't become Dieheart though until around 83' when #13 took over the throne. I was hooked , hook line and sinker from that time on. Dad even today watches with me and my boys and roots for them but only because we do. The Dodgers killed his sprit indefinitely.

Miami might suffer the same fate if they don't play ball NFL style because they hold all the cards. Plenty of places will give them what they want if they don't. confused smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 01, 2014 09:05AM

I was talking about the players tolerating the Canadian taxes on their salaries which are lower than mlb and nba.

Date: April 01, 2014 03:13PM

Many players own homes in Florida because there is no state Tax. I don't think it matters where the Team is , its where YOU reside. Internationally......the players would have to be exempt and pay American Taxes I believe.......Anyone here an expert? I sure as shit am not.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 02, 2014 04:56AM

> Many players own homes in Florida because there is
> no state Tax. I don't think it matters where the
> Team is , its where YOU reside.
> Internationally......the players would have to be
> exempt and pay American Taxes I
> believe.......Anyone here an expert? I sure as
> shit am not.

I am not an expert, at all---especially in Canadian taxes, but I *think* that states WILL tax players where they earn the money. So the Florida residence thing definitely helps with HOME games and other income (endorsements, paid local appearances, maybe bonuses) but the away games are subject to the taxes in the state where the game is being played.

Date: April 02, 2014 08:22AM

JC Wrote:
> I am not an expert, at all---especially in
> Canadian taxes, but I *think* that states WILL tax
> players where they earn the money. So the Florida
> residence thing definitely helps with HOME games
> and other income (endorsements, paid local
> appearances, maybe bonuses) but the away games are
> subject to the taxes in the state where the game
> is being played.

Interesting. I guess that makes sense. You need to support the area you work around. That said , if Canada wanted ANY shot at a successful team and attracting Free Agents , I'm sure they will draft up something that exempts players from paying anything substantial . That's the kind of stuff that Billionaires work out. Its called having friends in high places and TCB. (Taking care of business) But Ross can't even get a stadium deal done when he offers to pay for it. I can just see the Billionaire owners all laughing and smoking cigars and when Ross enters the room someone will crack a joke like:

Hey Steve! I have a bathroom that needs rebuilding.....you gonna pay for that too!!? Everyone starts slapping each on the back ......The Huizengia says......I paid HOw much for the Team in 95'!? By this time guys are rolling around on the floor and Poor Steve has to go Beg Incognito to go smash some cars in the parking lot..........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.