HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Baby T update…
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Baby T update…
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: March 21, 2014 12:25PM

Did anyone else know that Baby T has somehow managed to land in Oakland (tho we all know duh raiders are duh asses) and has himself one click back from being a HC in the NFL again! I mean like Oh Em Gee!

Pretty amazing. Someone with such "atrophied talent," tho of course ZERO talent cannot theoretically diminish since it NEVER was, can worm his way (post NY Jet firing and Miami Dolphin firing) to be that close to the proverbial button!

Obviously the league is absolutely starving for real high quality coaches…

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2014 12:25PM by BigNastyFish.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Baby T update…
Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 12:58PM

Wow, it just keeps amazing. Oh well,

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 01:54PM

how is OL coach one click from being a HC? I mean who would hire a OL coach to be their HC? Oh, right...

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 21, 2014 04:24PM

Let it go man, let it go.........

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 04:38PM

Sad but true, Sparano's last year here, he had a better offense with Matt Moore at the helm on paper then Philbin has had since taking over in his 2 years.... Not saying Sparano was great but his offense with our current back up, was much higher rated then the current offense has ever been under Philbin.... I think we had somewhere around the 17th rated offense that year, Philbin I don't believe has broken 27th...... And Philbin was specifically hired because he was suppose to be the offensive genius that Sparano wasn't..... am I missing something?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: March 21, 2014 05:53PM

Baby T is Assistant HC!

Date: March 21, 2014 05:56PM

Interesting stat Chowder.

Really. Phlimflam is a complete joke as an "offensive maven."

Besides that -- he's a kick ass banquet planner.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 22, 2014 02:08AM

his record was 6-10 his last year.

when you're getting killed early and often the team is in catch up mode. of course the offensive yardage #s will be better.

apples to oranges

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 22, 2014 02:59AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> his record was 6-10 his last year.
>
> when you're getting killed early and often the
> team is in catch up mode. of course the offensive
> yardage #s will be better.
>
> apples to oranges

Go back and check you stats, that is not the case, we did not get blown out early and often in most of those games that season... Nice try to deflect and make excuses, but what you say simply isn't true... We had maybe one blow out loss all season... But none ever as bad as Phiblin has gotten blown out..... apples to apples, not apples to oranges

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: March 22, 2014 05:59AM

Uhh. Regardless of the fact that Phlimflam sucks, I don't think anyone can say Baby T was a decent HC in Miami. He sucked as well. The question may be who sucks worse, but they BOTH SUCK as N F L head coaches.

That said, I give a slight tip of the hat to Baby T for being more "motivational" tho I do not believe the players respected him in the end. But of course the Harbaugh incident pretty much hung Baby T out to dry -- and there was a serious credibility chasm after that titanic blunder.

Strange but true. The commonality in all this mess, manure, malaise and malcontent is Ross the Frowny Face Clown. Makes ya wonder…

NOT.

BNF.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 23, 2014 07:02AM

If you cant see why Tony had more competitive teams that Joe has, then you have an issue.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 23, 2014 08:06AM

Yea, Baby T certainly had way more fire…and of course that powerful fist pump!

We can only speculate what kind of product Baby T could have produced with a decent GM and not having his credibility shredded via the Harbaugh escapade.

*** In retrospect -- Ross tongue sticking out smiley sure handled that whole situation eye rolling smiley with class and dignity! hot smiley

Baby T is somewhat similar to Phlimflam in the sense I never thought li'l Tuna brought anything compelling to the table -- another example of a dude who gets promoted to his level of incompetence.

Beyond that -- the job was obviously taking a serious toll on the man and his health was suffering in significant ways. That doesn't sound like a guy who's cut out to be an N F L HC. I'm sure he's at his best as an OL coach. And here's nothing wrong with that. Really good position coaches are very important. But most of them are not HC material…

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Date: March 23, 2014 10:23AM

sporano isn't even cut out to be an OC. He is peter principled out at OL coach which is where he shall stay

now was for philbin, it's hard to say if he was even a succussful OC, since he had that title in name only with GB as he did not call plays. Begs the question what exactly he did for them---and what he is doing for us for that matter.

At least I would have thought we'd bring some of GBs coaches and players over there with us---James Jones at the small contract he got would have been a nice move. Not sure what his aversion to GB players is---maybe he knows they didn't respect him at GB and he's afraid of more of the same here? But it doesn't sound like our guys think too much of him either.

However he does have great "organizational skills," supposedly. My closets are a mess so maybe he can take a whack at those?

Date: March 23, 2014 10:51AM

Phlimflam is a strange bird. As the Jack of Asses he's obviously "partnered" his way to whatever personal "success" he's had.

But in retrospect, its all extraordinarily clear now: we had Ross and Ireland teamed together -- like the farcical pair of fantastic football flunkies -- searching the planet (and surrounding galaxies) for the "next great" Miami Dolphin HC.

With that core chemistry at the helm -- is it any wonder we're stuck with Phlimflam?

It actually makes perfect nonsense. And that's precisely what Ross the Frowny Face Clown has brought this franchise since day one!

Total (and absolute) nonsense.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2014 10:53AM by BigNastyFish.

Date: March 23, 2014 11:30AM

in truth we only hired philbn because fisher refused the job and there was no one else, really. though it certainly seems like we shouldv'e hire the guy SD hired
or anyone who can talk to the team without cue cards (or at lease cue cards not written by dawn aponte)

Date: March 23, 2014 11:57AM

Cue cards. Yea. Like wow. That's so far beyond sad it's certifiably tragic.

For longtime Miami Dolphin fans it's impossible to reconcile the "flunky franchise tag" Ross has sown onto the fabric of the team. But it's more and more obvious with every passing season -- Ross is serious BAD MEDICINE for this once great franchise. At this point it almost seems like Ross has black op agenda to punish this franchise and its fan base for the teams past glory. But of course that would suggest a form of financial suicide and its highly doubtful Ross is into committing that.

But it's undeniable Ross has a billionaire sized EGO and that means more to him than anything else. Thus and therefore, we CAN humiliate this asshole sufficiently to remove him from our team's control. Guaranteed -- if the fan base collectively turns on this clown he will cut the franchise loose in a hurry. No way his ego can handle massive doses of rejection.

At this point -- radical revision is the only the way to the promised land.

Maybe.

But we're a joke as long as Ross has control.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2014 11:58AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 23, 2014 12:11PM

Every single word true, BNF.

Date: March 23, 2014 12:24PM

I Agree. And I can't wait until the new owner gives us the old Logo back..........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: March 26, 2014 03:24AM

I agree Ross's ownership makes Jones (cowboys), Davis (raiders) and Snyder (redskins) look like geniuses but I think the fall of the Fins started with the previous idiot, Huizenga

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: March 26, 2014 07:05AM

Moore > Tannehill

Date: March 26, 2014 08:01AM

There's ZERO reason to believe this team has any chance at a positive future as long as this ownership regime is intact. ZERO.

You have to be a fool to expect a significantly improved outcome based on the same underlying malady running the show.

Incompetence manifests incompetence.

Those who don't have a clue (Ross) hire others who don't have a clue (Phlimflam).

The hiring of a "weak GM" only underscores and magnifies the malady.

The ONLY hope with Ross is if he brings in a top level proven "overlord" who has unabridged power to burn the house down and start all over.

And the sooner we do that the better --- because everything else is window dressing forestalling the inevitable implosion.

Guaranteed.

My opinion. Of course.

But yea. I'd rather have Baby T as HC than this current garbage…

BNF.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 26, 2014 08:21AM

you mean you rather have sparano?

He was originally an Oline coach and he couldnt even do that right here.

All he did was sign all those Oline player scrubs from dallas.

Im glad this garbage coach is gone.

Date: March 26, 2014 09:53AM

yea, I'd take Baby T over Phlimflam. No prob whatsoever...

Baby T would get us to the total implosion faster.

And with more laughs.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 26, 2014 10:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.