HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Long Term Plan
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Long Term Plan
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 30, 2012 12:04PM

Fasano is playin' really good (ALL-AROUND) ball and anyone who doesn't get how important he is to this team is (oh dear) in need of a football IQ transfusion.

Fasano does so many things right most fans either don't see or just discount his overall value (but you'd have to be a fool to miss how much this coaching staff loves the guy). Excellent player. Perhaps the most underappreciated on the team. No BS.

He's been singled-out for praise time after time. By contrast, Jake Long is never mentioned. That kind of tips the hand a wee bit me thinks...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 30, 2012 08:52PM

Fasano's in a unique place and it's really to Miami's benefit. He's not nearly as athletically gifted as 1/2 the TEs in the league, but he brings it every day blue-collar style and he's cerebral. And, he catches darn near everything thrown his way.

If NE wasn't absolutely stacked at the position and committing $$$, as well, they would be the suitor that would scare me the most for Fasano. But, the way the NFL market is right now, I think teams are swinging for the fences on TE and someone like Fasano isn't likely to get big bucks with his age and physical limitations.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 31, 2012 03:14AM

No one is trading a draft pick for long to play 8 or 9 games and then hit the FA market.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 04, 2012 11:49AM

Sean Smith showed today why it will not be wise to invest a lot of money in him. It's been 4 years, and he still has no awareness of where the ball is. At this point, I don't believe that will ever change. He will always tantalize based on his size and his athleticism, but without the ball awareness or ball skills, he will never take the next step to being an elite corner.

Jake Long also showed today that he doesn't deserve to be considered among the elite LTs in the league, either. I think the injuries have taken just enough of a toll on him to diminish his ability to be a dominant LT.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: November 04, 2012 08:33PM

Long needs to go; he's just not cutting it anymore. It seems like we have more holes to fill for next year than we did last year! Miami still needs to redo the o-line, and replace almost everyone in the secondary.

Date: November 05, 2012 10:34AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 05, 2012 11:49AM

I'll say it a million times and unless I see the game again and/or look at another tape, Tannehill was getting FAR MORE PRESSURE from his right side than his left side.

What are you guys going on? One sack?

Maybe I was not looking close enough.

Date: November 05, 2012 10:47PM

I will go rewatch the game too as I only watched once. However Long was struggling on a lot of plays and toward the end they rolled tabby out to his right a few times perhaps in response to the pressure he was getting from the left. On the long/thomas mixup the announcer mentioned that long should have stayed with the edge rusher and allowed Thomas to pick up the lb coming in from the middle. I don't know if that's the right perspective but it made sense to me. I will hold off on commenting more about long until I rewatch

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 06, 2012 03:41AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will go rewatch the game too as I only watched
> once. However Long was struggling on a lot of
> plays and toward the end they rolled tabby out to
> his right a few times perhaps in response to the
> pressure he was getting from the left. On the
> long/thomas mixup the announcer mentioned that
> long should have stayed with the edge rusher and
> allowed Thomas to pick up the lb coming in from
> the middle. I don't know if that's the right
> perspective but it made sense to me. I will hold
> off on commenting more about long until I rewatch

"Tabby"?

smiling smiley

Date: November 06, 2012 04:13AM

oops...I meant "Tanny"...typing on a mobile phone has its inherent risks, I suppose :-)

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 06, 2012 06:31AM

I watched Long all day. He was constantly getting knocked back way too close to RT.

He may have given up only a sack but he had more hurries and pressures. Freeney ate his lunch. Jake even admitted as much this week.

That one sack he gave up was on a crucial 3rd down as well and RT took a vicious hit that could have been disasterous. Injury....turnover...

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 06, 2012 07:40AM

tsstamper Wrote:
> oops...I meant "Tanny"...typing on a mobile phone
> has its inherent risks, I suppose :-)

I thought you might be test driving a new nickname for him...smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 06, 2012 12:43PM

eesti Wrote:
> I watched Long all day. He was constantly getting
> knocked back way too close to RT.
>
> He may have given up only a sack but he had more
> hurries and pressures. Freeney ate his lunch. Jake
> even admitted as much this week.
>
> That one sack he gave up was on a crucial 3rd down
> as well and RT took a vicious hit that could have
> been disasterous. Injury....turnover...

Against the Colts, Long allowed 1 sack, 3 hits, and 2 hurries. Martin allowed 1 sack and 2 hurries.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 06, 2012 02:22PM

Long has not done as well in the zone blocking schemes, he gets caught up and off balance figuring which guy is his to block during complicated blitzes at times... Before he just had one guy, and he had to fight that guy all game, Now he has an area, and teams have been able to exploit the gaps in the system... He does well when he knows who to block...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 07, 2012 04:09AM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I watched Long all day. He was constantly
> getting
> > knocked back way too close to RT.
> >
> > He may have given up only a sack but he had
> more
> > hurries and pressures. Freeney ate his lunch.
> Jake
> > even admitted as much this week.
> >
> > That one sack he gave up was on a crucial 3rd
> down
> > as well and RT took a vicious hit that could
> have
> > been disasterous. Injury....turnover...
>
>
> Against the Colts, Long allowed 1 sack, 3 hits,
> and 2 hurries. Martin allowed 1 sack and 2
> hurries.

Maybe its time to insert martin on the left side i mean it cant get any worst for jake long....tannehill got hit very hard a couple of times..its great that he is 6-4 and can absorb a hit.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 07, 2012 09:08AM

Okay, I need DolphanMark to give me a lesson on how the fact that we Franchised Long plays into what happens with him. I know the criminal and civil law but I don't know the NFL contract law. He is a free agent but the Franchise tag makes it different. I don't understand how. I would think it means that if we re-sign him, we have to do so for the franchise tag. I would also think that if he signs with some other team, it would have to be more than that tag.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.