HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Rethink
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Rethink
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 06, 2014 09:10AM

The mock drafts are out there and the majority of them have Miami taking Z. Martin. I mentioned (after reading and hearing reports) earlier that it is possible Martin could be moved to guard, despite him coming out of ND as a tackle. I questioned Miami taking him, however...

...thinking (again), maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea. Miami is drafting 19, which isn't a great spot for top notch talent. But, with 19 being pretty low in the draft order, it could be a good spot to draft a guy that in all probability, will be starting for Miami, whether it be at tackle or guard.

If Miami was drafting in the top 10, then it would be a definite no as far as Martin is concerned.

What do you guys think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rethink
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: March 06, 2014 11:35AM

Martin is this year's justin pugh.

He's a jack of all trades type NFL lineman. He's go shortish arms so he's not a prototype LT, but he's athletic enough and smart enough that he could en up there in a year or two.

If you take that guy, you HOPE he ends up at LT, but you KNOW he's going to at least be a good NFL guard.

I'd sign a starting LT, LG and a versatile OLineman who I could live with at RG if I had to. I'd bring back Clabo for cheap.

Then I'd go BPA in the first three rounds of the draft.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 06, 2014 01:27PM

Biggest impact player in first round that we can plug in as a starter. if that's Martin then so be it. Still sign a LT and plug Martin in at RT.

Aaron Donald, Haha Dix, Louis Nix, Ebron, whoever can make the most impact at position of need.

If Martin can be an all pro LG then sign him up.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 07, 2014 12:50AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Biggest impact player in first round that we can
> plug in as a starter. if that's Martin then so be
> it. Still sign a LT and plug Martin in at RT.
>
> Aaron Donald, Haha Dix, Louis Nix, Ebron, whoever
> can make the most impact at position of need.
>
> If Martin can be an all pro LG then sign him up.

I agree eesti, everyone says it's so easy to find good guards, if it's so easy, how come we don't have any? Also, D Jordan may become an inpact player one day, but this team doesn't have the luxury of developing #3 overall picks, we need AT LEAST 2/3 starters out of each draft (lofty goals, I know).
Look at last years draft, Kyle Long was taken by the Bears at #20, boy Miami sure could use a guy like him right about now..........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.