HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Fired Trainer
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Fired Trainer
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 19, 2014 01:50PM

Kevin O'Neill is gone.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fired Trainer
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 19, 2014 01:59PM

And yet turner remains employed. This team is beyond stupid

Date: February 19, 2014 02:46PM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: February 20, 2014 04:27AM

I agree with Treasure.

For the life of me I don't understand this firing.

Finally Turner is gone too.

Date: February 20, 2014 06:15AM

All of these firings, I hope this really weighs hard and heavy on Martin. He claims to be such a gentle soul. I don't think he realized how much damage he has done. He has really @#$%& up a lot of families. Peoples lives.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 20, 2014 07:15AM

They condoned martins actions?

Bet you they were playing hide the stick with both martin and incognitah.

Date: February 20, 2014 09:44AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They condoned martins actions?
>
> Bet you they were playing hide the stick with both
> martin and incognitah.

That's what is pissing me off the most here. Martin has received every pay check. he has had zero accountability. Zero sanctions.

People have lost jobs after 18 yrs. 18 fing yrs! How many professional young men has This guy trained? He was on the Dolphins staff when Zach Thomas was a rookie! And Martin gets his fired for what? People are losing Millions, fired from Jobs and this pansy ass is just smiling and tweeting he is looking forward to the Future. F Him. I wish him nothing but failure until he corrects his bad Karma.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 20, 2014 10:02AM

So treasure incog isnt getting paid and martin is?

If this is true thats very unfair then.

1. Martin left the phins because he couldnt handle pressure.

2. Incog was fired or whatever...

They both grown men.

If you asked me martin is the one who shouldnt get paid because he left his job. that would be the fair thing to do.

Incog on the other hand was force to leave.

Overall IMHO neither should get paid.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 20, 2014 12:16PM

I'm not through reading the Wells report line for line. About one fourth of the way. I have drawn some preliminary conclusions but will reserve them until I'm through.

Date: February 20, 2014 04:02PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> So treasure incog isnt getting paid and martin
> is?
>
> If this is true thats very unfair then.
>
> 1. Martin left the phins because he couldnt handle
> pressure.
>
> 2. Incog was fired or whatever...
>
> They both grown men.
>
> If you asked me martin is the one who shouldnt get
> paid because he left his job. that would be the
> fair thing to do.
>
> Incog on the other hand was force to leave.
>
> __________________________________________________
> _______________
>
> Overall IMHO neither should get paid.

Incognito lost 2 Pay checks worth approx. $250,000 and his future is highly questionable. Him I'm not crying for because he deserved it for his Past history and is no innocent Flower.

Martin has not been sanctioned at all and is being handled with Kid gloves. A 330 pd 6'6" crybaby mommas boy with no problem solving ability.

People have been fired and had their lives turned on end because he has emotional issues. I hope it hits him hard one day what he has done.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 21, 2014 07:10AM

I agree!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 21, 2014 07:21AM

Hey if this what it takes to get our oline situation corrected I will thank Martin. That fu**ing line stunk and the veterans were not doing a damn thing to improve it. They appeared clueless. Our running game was a joke pass protection pathetic cohesion I don't think Incog, Jerry or Pouncey ever heard of that word. Sorry for the trainer but people in the nfl get fired all of the time. bye dude.

F'em

Date: February 21, 2014 07:59AM

That Oline was getting redone no matter what. People get fired all the time, but rarely do people stay with Teams for 18 yrs. That says something about the man. He tried to speak to Martin, gave him some good advice. I really want to wish Martin well, I know deep down he is just a sick individual, but he is scapegoating the Team and making it everyone's problem. And I just don't have a high tolerance for that.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: February 21, 2014 08:01AM

It sounds like the NFL pretty much forced the Dolphins to fire the trainer.

Date: February 21, 2014 09:13AM

That's BS in itself.

.....................................................................................

Date: February 21, 2014 09:19AM

That Asian trainer is probably thankful for Martin.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 21, 2014 11:16AM

Date: February 21, 2014 11:25AM

incog used to mess around joking with martin all the time.

Maybe martin just wanted off the phins and invented it all.

I mean they both used to joke around.

And from one day to the next he is gone.

Date: February 21, 2014 11:53AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> That Asian trainer is probably thankful for
> Martin.

Says who? That Asian man might have been secure enough in himself to know a bunch of Meatheads when he sees them. We joke around at work all the time . We watch who we joke with and its actually kind of a compliment knowing I'm in the circle to be made fun of if that makes any sense. confused smiley I wouldn't have it any other way. Some of the Best comedians on the Planet make fun of themselves. racial jokes, fat jokes, Jokes about their small penis size......whatever.

Martin is a sick individual. He wanted in to this exclusive club. Once in he couldn't handle it he needed to excuse himself like a man and leave. To stay , and know demand they change is Bullshit.

To say I have no respect for J Martin is an understatement. And Coach Dungy and Comm Goodell can say what they have to in front of the press, but none of them respect him either. J Martin's Own Dad is probably privately disgraced as well. I would be. I would Tell my son I love him , I support him, but what you did was wayyyyy wrong. YOU failed. No one else. Own it. Fix it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 21, 2014 02:26PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> incog used to mess around joking with martin all
> the time.
>
>
> Maybe martin just wanted off the phins and
> invented it all.
>
>
> I mean they both used to joke around.
>
>
> And from one day to the next he is gone.

SamSam, I am not through reading the report word for word but I think you may be close to the truth somewhat.

So far, it appears that Iggy thought he was joking. As in most school situations, one or two people get the brunt of the joking. However, bullying is something else.

From what I have read so far, it wasn't so much bullying as it was joking and pranking in very bad taste and, as we Blacks used to say in the 60's "wolfing on" people. That means trash talking.

It appears that Martin was one of the people subject to that pranking and trash talking and just laughed about it but inside, it was tearing him up.

It's hard for people to know that you don't take it as a joke unless you tell them to back off and are serious about it.

As the report acknowledges however, some people think that if they just laugh it off and play along, it will stop. What they don't realize is, however, like I said above, groups tend to pick out one or two people to raze and the people they pick can either

1) get angry and back them off or
2) laugh it off and basically act like it's all in good fun

the problem with Martin was is that he did number 2 while he was feeling like number 1 (or feeling hurt).

I don't know what you do in that situation because most victims of bullying either show hurt or anger.

If the victim OUTWARDLY shows neither but INWARDLY is devastated AND ASSUMING THAT these guys were just being buffoons and not malicious, then you have what you have with this situation, which is a f*cked up situation.

I'm not through reading yet but it preliminarily seems unfair to me for the report to recognize on one hand that Iggy was basically just kidding around and on the other hand say "BUT WE CAN'T HAVE THAT SORT OF THING GOING ON, EVEN IF DONE IN FUN" where they damn well know that it probably happens in every other locker room in the NFL.

Right now, I'd bet my house that the other 31 NFL teams are having private meetings and telling everybody to cut this stuff out otherwise they will end up like the Dolphins if anybody decides to complain.

Some of you have looked at Martin as using this to get a free paycheck. I don't think that's the case. Again, I'm not through reading the report line for line but Martin seems to be a very weird individual who can see his feelings hurt and LAUGH ABOUT IT ON THE OUTSIDE yet let it tear him up on the inside.

Rather than Martin being a p*ssy as a lot of you think, I think he is a straight out mental case and if it had not been this, then it would have been something else. Or maybe if he hadn't gone into football, then he could have been productive in some other job.

But football guys are gonna act a fool and you either gotta fight them or let them know you don't appreciate it. One or the other.

So far, the report hasn't mentioned Cameron Wake. He was the one who tried to physically hurt Martin but Iggy stepped in and hurt Wake and after that Wake backed off of Martin.

But Wake was from the defensive line and Iggy was protecting one of his own from an outsider, somewhat line in a gang. However when other oline people, basically like being from the same gang, started to harass Martin, Iggy expected Martin to defend himself. But even then, Iggy never did anything but prank Martin and engaged in back and forth joking threats.

I haven't finished reading yet but it pisses me off that the one guy who tried to defend Martin and only joked with him in a joking way (like using the N word) is getting blamed and all the other bad actors on the team are going scotch free and Martin himself is being viewed as a victim of Iggy when iggy had no notion in the world that Martin was hurting from the kidding.

Date: February 21, 2014 04:29PM

Im still thankfull that Martin forced us to do something w/ our oline. Those guys were like filthy mold behind dry wall. Now hopefully we can build an oline that is dedicated to football. Anybody who thinks we were going in the right direction is fooling themselves. I supposed we just needed more dumb asses like Incog, Pouncey and Jerry.

Date: February 21, 2014 05:00PM

Agree Mizzou. The best proof of that is when they brought other guys in from the street after bullygate, we did much better except for blowing the last two games against the pathetic Jets and Bills.

Date: February 21, 2014 05:11PM

That's because Martin Sucked. And instead of owning it , he blamed everyone from the GM to the Trainers, to his friend. F Him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 21, 2014 09:31PM

That could explain it, Treasure. It could explain it. But if he was looking for a way out, he chose the worst one possible.

Iggy has about only a ONE % chance of playing for another NFL team, but Martin has less than that.

Oh, he'll be brought in during the preseason and cut. The team cutting him will say, "This had nothing to do with the incidents in Miami but was strictly a football decision."

Which would basically end up saying that Martin sucks as a player but the reality will be regardless of that, he would not be welcome in NFL lockerroom for fear that any bad conduct, whether directed against him or not involving him, would be snitched by him.

Date: February 22, 2014 03:54AM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 22, 2014 06:05AM

The Dolphins have become a HR Harassment training example of what not to do

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 22, 2014 08:25AM

You are went chyren. Incog has a 100% chance of playing again, as soon as any suspension the league hands out is over (may not even be one)

Date: February 22, 2014 09:33AM

Incognito was already suspended once. Two games without pay if correct and from what I've heard, he cannot be penalized twice according to the NFPLA contract. He will live out the rest of his career on one year contracts and probably highly discounted for the first year.

Date: February 22, 2014 10:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.