HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          way surpassed the lowest point
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
way surpassed the lowest point
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 26, 2014 11:45AM

up till this year (what a January!) I thought we'd never surpass the previous low point/embarrassments of this franchise, namely the time Marino was our GM for 2 weeks and then quit and we gave the GM duties to Speilman with Wanny still the coach. But this is so much worse. We have the only GM opening and we can't give the freaking job away, turned down by like 7 people if you count people who refused 1st and 2d interviews and the job outright. Then we give the job to a guy who was like 7th choice at best, and who was not even interviewed by the team that had had the only other GM vacancy, where he worked for 15 years. By all accounts Hicky has a terrible reputation picking players with many draft busts, and comes from a team usually at the bottom of the league. And he's our new GM, because Steve Ross is a total idiot and, just like he did for years with Ireland, insists on keeping Philbin around even though he's shown nothing good in his time here. To Ross keeping Philbin is more important than hiring a competent GM.

I am so very very close to giving up on this team. I follow this team b/c it's a fun diversion and even when we don't win there's always hope for next year. Well there's very little reason for hope unless blind luck, and who wants to root for a team that is not only bad but THE laughingstock of the 31 other teams. Today it is less embarassing to be a Browns fan, a Bills fan, even a Jets fan. This is so disgusting I wish I could see Steve Ross and just call him a f@cking loser to his face. This team deserves to lose and I would be totally fine with 1-15 next year if it mean cleaning house and maybe forcing Ross to sell or at least hiring a football guy ---- not Carl Peterson for God's sake --- to take control and Ross just go the hell away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: way surpassed the lowest point
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 26, 2014 12:36PM

As bad as it is berk, IMO, the difference between a good GM and a bad one is very miniscule and based a lot on who has better luck. IF (and that's a big IF) Hickey gets a little bit of luck in this years draft and FA period, all of this could be forgotten in a hurry. Add in a hopefully improved offense under Lazor and who knows, I'm not happy today either, but I don't think any of the "finalists" were seperated by much, blame it on Ross's loyalty to Philbin and Aponte (or grand vision if you will), but if thats the direction he chose, at least it sems like he got a guy willing to give it a try, rather than someone coming in and butting heads right away. And like you said, I would hope if this experiment fails, he cleans house, gets out of the way, and lets a real football guy call the shots. Living in the shadow of Wrigley Field........there's always next year.........

Date: January 26, 2014 12:55PM

to me this is worse than just being a bad team. bad teams have hope for the futute. we will always be a bad team and laughingstock with no hope as long as the guy in charge (ross) is so egregiously clueless. since there is no way of firing the owner, there is no hope since he is the problem. everyone can see that philbin is a crap coach, aponte is a snitch bitch given authority for some reason and hicky is essentially rick speilman and randy mueller rolled into one who was our 7th choice and would have been unemployed next year except we made him our GM. everyone except Ross who put this crap together and we all just have to sit there and take it because there is no recourse against the owner

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 26, 2014 03:09PM

Just watch. Next off-season Philbin will be fired and Hickey will be retained and given one season to shape up! This will continue until Ross finally sells the team!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 26, 2014 04:02PM

Can't we just fast-forward in this bad movie to Ross selling the team?

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 26, 2014 04:35PM

Yeah just a mess. I read some players want off the sinking ship

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 26, 2014 04:37PM

Assuming of course he ever does sell the team...he may not. Then what?

All of the fans that can't abide that possibility should just leave the stadium now before the traffic gets heavy.

That way I'll have my choice of better seats...

Date: January 26, 2014 05:50PM

Ken, most NFL fans are fatally tied to their teams, good or bad. Look how long Tampa Bay fans suffered between 1983 and 1996.

These things are cyclical. This too shall pass.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 26, 2014 06:15PM

Good thing no one is rushing to judgement around here.

Date: January 26, 2014 06:32PM

these clowns do not deserve the benefit of the doubt, sorry

Date: January 26, 2014 06:56PM

Yes, SoCalPHin, there is such a thing as learning by experience....or at least once burned, twice shy.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 26, 2014 08:18PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ken, most NFL fans are fatally tied to their
> teams, good or bad. Look how long Tampa Bay fans
> suffered between 1983 and 1996.
>
> These things are cyclical. This too shall pass.

RE: I know, I was just being a bit of a smart ass with my comment.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 27, 2014 04:57AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> Yeah just a mess. I read some players want off the
> sinking ship

From where?

If that is the case then hopefully Hickey will make enough of a splash during the opening hours of FA that the good ones will want to stay. Frankly, we don't have any FA's that are irreplaceable.

He will need to show a definite change in philosophy.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 27, 2014 12:48PM

As bad as the last few years have been, I think that the Cam Cameron 1-15 season in 2007 was worse.

Rick

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 27, 2014 01:18PM

We were 8-8. We spit the bit the last 2 games.

Rebuild that oline and we're 10-6/11-5 next year.

Date: January 27, 2014 01:32PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> As bad as the last few years have been, I think
> that the Cam Cameron 1-15 season in 2007 was
> worse.

this is worse. we just sucked then on the field but there was always hope for the future because our owner was not an incompetant buffoon. now we are THE laughingstock of the league and it won't get better for a long long time because Idiot Steve Ross keeps making the same mistakes, sticking with them for years and is incapable of learning from them

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 28, 2014 10:51AM

i dont think we never going to reach the lowest point.

Lowest point = dolfan1 selling water bottles in the streets for a buck each.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 29, 2014 05:31AM

Lol, samsam the stutter lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.