HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I thought I was in Foxboro.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I thought I was in Foxboro.....
Date: December 15, 2013 03:07PM

My God, the Patriot fan presence today at Sunlife was the most by any opposing Team ever. It was easily 70/30 over all but up in the nose bleeders (where I was) it was definitely in their favor 60/40 for Pats fans.

Had some really annoying moments early on. Especially when we flubbed up that field goal. One skanky female Pats fan said in that annoying NE accent , this is great , feels like Boston!

At the the end of the game they were yelling defense!! on that whole last Miami Touchdown drive. It was deafening and for a moment I forgot were I was and I'm sure the players heard it.

But thankfully we got the last laugh. I was literally surrounded by Pats scum and when we scored that last Touchdown I walked into the middle aisle and cupped my hand to my ear........I can't hear you guys!!? I did get hit with pop corn but it was worth it.

Then that dropped catch in the end zone with seconds left..........Every Pats fan there thought they had me. I thought they had me! Hopefully I was able to hold my head up high and laugh as we exited. I really felt as if I was back in NYC at Giants stadium and I was the Outcast. Not the Homie.

Truly bad and the Dolphins need to do something about it. I really think moving the Stadium to Orlando will fill the seats with Dolphins fans. West Palm even. Throw the bids out , see which county wants it the most.

Great Outcome though. Whew. Go Dolphins!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I thought I was in Foxboro.....
Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 03:39PM

Yep they are just to damn far south. Too freaking expensive to go to the games.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 15, 2013 04:08PM

It's only because no one believes yet...especially against the Pats. Keep winning and those tickets will be hard to come by for visiting teams.

The best part of this story is all the sad Pats fans doing the walk of shame! thumbs up

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 15, 2013 04:27PM

It's the one bad aspect of playing December games at home vs the Pats. Folks up here love an excuse to take a long weekend and escape the cold. In this case, they escaped a snowstorm.

Of course it's still loads better than playing up here, where there was 6" of snow on the ground and sub-freezing temps.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: December 15, 2013 05:03PM

The season ticket holders sell there seats for big money for the Pats games as well as Jets games. Me I would flush my ticket before selling it to a Jets or Pats fan... But it was a great day down here in Florida..

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 16, 2013 04:24AM

I could hear it on my tv set (defense..defense) I was like WTF?? Very strange. Glad we shut them up. Today is a great day at work, all the guys said, yeah they are good...but they always say if we had Gronk we would have won out. I said whatever!

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 16, 2013 06:10AM

great game great win

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 16, 2013 07:30AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but they always say if we had
> Gronk we would have won out. I said whatever!

Yeah, well, we're playing with a patched up O-line, without our top TE (Keller), without our most reliable WR (Gibson), without our most consistent starting CB (Patterson), and both our current starting CBs were out injured during that last drive. So, no crying.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 16, 2013 07:33AM

Exactly. DB's.....Jimmy Wilson, Reshad Jones, Michael Thomas and Will Davis! Let's get real now Pats fans.

Had we been with Jones, Clemens, Patterson and Grimes we would have shut down much more.

Although hard to rule out Thomas.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: December 16, 2013 07:54AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> I could hear it on my tv set (defense..defense) I
> was like WTF?? Very strange. Glad we shut them up.
> Today is a great day at work, all the guys said,
> yeah they are good...but they always say if we had
> Gronk we would have won out. I said whatever!

I've been to many a game in the last few years. Dozens. This one took the cake for opposing Team presence. That defense Defense shout really amazed me. It was louder then any Dolphins chant I ever heard. And I do not say that lightly. I really felt like an outcast at my stadium. Thankfully also none of the fans I saw , and there were literally thousands, were Violent or assholish. Could have been really a problem. I actually shook the hands of a few as I was climbing down the steps towards exit. Dolphins Dish towels were given out as well as foam fins and many people gave them to my boys. At Jet games.....cops have their hands full ejecting the most vile violent morons. If the Jet fans ever show up in these numbers we are going to have a problem.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 16, 2013 08:01AM

SouthFlPhinFan Wrote:
> The season ticket holders sell there seats for big
> money for the Pats games as well as Jets games. Me
> I would flush my ticket before selling it to a
> Jets or Pats fan... But it was a great day down
> here in Florida..

That makes sense. It was just off the chain. I was standing in the bathroom and took notice, really took notice , and I was the Only Dolphins fan in the bathroom at one point. I remember this feeling when I used to go to the Jets/Dolphins games at the old Giant stadium in Jersey. I was threatened a few times, always kept my mouth shut when surrounded by drunks with a mob mentality.

Went to one game at veterans stadium in Philly Once. Never again. they actually beat the shit out of a Dolphins fan in the parking lot while a cop watched and smoked a cigarette.

Our Stadium , although I don't want anyone threatened or beat up of course, is just so laid back. Hard to get a wave going , or a chant. There was a REGGIE chant that was loud when Bush was here I miss, but its kinda lame fan wise. It does seem to get turned up a notch during Jets games though. I'll be there as well.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 16, 2013 10:37AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> There was a REGGIE chant that was loud when Bush
> was here I miss, but its kinda lame fan wise.

And even then that might have been drunken New Yorkers thinking they were watching a Yankees game in the late 1970s (Reggie Jackson)

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 16, 2013 11:29AM

South Florida as a whole was filled with Patriots fans all weekend... Can you blame them, it is freezing up in those parts, what a great excuse to get the hell out of that weather, stay on the beach for a weekend to thaw out... A september home game against them is a much smaller NE crowd, but blizzard or beach, 9 out of 10 will choose beach if they can swing it....
It was also an expensive ticket and sought after, all my friends who have season tickets didn't have one to spare and they always have one to throw my way when I ask... Had a great time at a party instead watching the game and eating stone crabs!!!!! That last QT was intense.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: December 16, 2013 02:51PM

I have to say , most New Englanders I've come into contact with , personally and professionally have been pretty nice people. Thousands of them , and Canadians down here now. Traffic has really increased, lots more money in our local economy. But When I deal with a New Yorker , I get really bad flashbacks. Such attitudes. They really believe they are of a higher being because of where they were born. 33 yrs.....so glad I left.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.