HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Post Game: Dolphins/Patriots
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Post Game: Dolphins/Patriots
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 27, 2013 11:42AM

The game is over and now we're 4 wins in the hole. 4 straight losses. We also play Halloween night against a pretty stout defense. With only a few days to recoup, it doesn't look good.

During the first half of the game, the game playing was a bit different than in past weeks. It appeared to me we were trying some different plays and that helped confuse the Patriots D. At the half we were up 17-3. This was good.

I commented on the game thread that it was a good team effort to that point and Mckinnie at LT with Martin at RT seemed to do okay.... The Patriots D made adjustments at half time by including some more blitzes and that, IMO, changed the confidence level of Tannehill and the coaching staff. Both seemed to panic follow the missed FG by Sturgis. There's a difference in secondary coverage with Carroll in there. Patterson covers better.

This loss was the result of immaturity on the part of Tannehill as well as the coaching staff.

There were several missed (totally wrong) calls by the officials and that too played on the minds of the Dolphins.

What I noticed also was the continual inability to know what to do in the last few minutes of a game to try and come back. I see it as confusion and panic. Much like when a flash fire erupts in the kitchen and one has to think about what to do to put it out. Not exactly deer in the head lights but I saw confusion and that played against the Dolphins.

I'm not as upset or disturbed over this loss as I've seen the Patriots do this come back thing to other teams repeatedly. I believe the Patriots have better personnel, can handle adversity better, and proved to me just how bad our coaching staff is in comparison to other, better teams.

I do believe that the sacks allowed in the 2nd half were not due to Bryant McKinnie, but on interior lineman that failed to make adjustments allowing blitzing linebackers and backs to reach Tannehill. Tannehill continues to make mistakes under pressure though. He's a work in progress. I think he is talented but not getting the best coaching. His improvement is slow.

All and all, the team is still missing playmakers on offense and defense.

Patterson is a playmaker. His presence makes a difference. Thumbs up to him. thumbs up

The batting the ball call against Vernon was wrong in my opinion contrary to what Phil Simms saw. I thought Vernon was not swatting at the ball but trying to reach for it.

I'll have to review more of the game to make further comment. I'm still kind of dazed from the shellacking in the 2nd half.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Post Game: Dolphins/Patriots
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 11:55AM

Agree Patterson has played well

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 27, 2013 12:05PM

Yes it was NOT a batted ball, IMHO.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 28, 2013 04:52AM

The bad call also on the pass interference call that made the pats get a 3 pointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.