HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Game Prep: Pats v. Dolphins
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Game Prep: Pats v. Dolphins
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 24, 2013 08:42AM

I'm still seething over the Bill's loss and have finally started to think about our game against the Patriots. The Patriots are reviewing the films, checking our plays out, considering their offensive weapons, looking at our weakness and how to exploit them so they can win the game. They would prefer to blow us out of the water.

Knowing what you know as a Dolphins fan, what would you do if you were the HC of the Patriots? What approach would you have to beat the Dolphins?

I'll bet, that what is written in response is exactly what the Patriots will try to do. Our esteemed coaches can't be blind to this and must prepare to thwart the Patriots from every angle of attack.

By replying you will be pointing out our weaknesses. Those weaknesses need to be combatted by our coaches.

--------
I'm going to start with 7 things.

1) Quick tempo by Brady to confuse the D in adjusting and getting players on and off the field.

2) Throw several deep passes down the middle of the field to back up the safeties and then exploit them with crossing routes across the middle.

3) Run on 3rd down to set up play action in 2nd half when Dolphins defense is tiring and confused.

4) Pick on Clabo--let him win early, but he will tire and be beat by 4th quarter. Substitute often and keep pressure on Clabo. "The rope a dope."

5) Mismatch CB with Gronkowski all day long. Have him in outside WR position.

6) Try a few gimmick plays to totally break Dolphins secondary.

7) Have Brady run once or twice. The middle will be clear when the D starts to tighten up on Gronkowski.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Game Prep: Pats v. Dolphins
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 24, 2013 09:46AM

All we need to do to beat the PAts is.....

(In the words of Tom Coughlin, I think)....DO YOUR JOB! That goes for everyone.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 24, 2013 10:46AM

on defense it is pretty simple to beat the dolphins

1) when offense lines up under center play the run

2) when offense lines up in shotgun play the pass.

3) guard against the every body goes out 5 yards and turn around that we run about 70% of the time on passing plays.

4) what tannys eyes before the snap and send all 11 defenders where he looks cause that is where he is throwing the ball.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 24, 2013 12:13PM

The will try and exploit us with the TE and passes to the RB same as the Saints did... Defense they will go after Tannehill and try and get him to fumble or throw off balance...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 24, 2013 02:08PM

It sure doesn't look like it's too difficult to prepare for us.

Now--conversely, we should pass and run when under the center, run and pass from the shotgun, have WRs turn 5, 10 and 15 yards down the field, and have Tannehill do a fake stare down to one receiver while throwing to another.

We should have our fleetest safety bump Gronkowski off his route and stick with him like glue.

It's a start....

Pay attention Sherman and Coyle.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 24, 2013 08:31PM

If I am Belichick, on offense I would play to exploit those LB's.
-Send 5 guys on short routes all over the field.
-running draw plays with Ridley
-Quick Pace no huddle offense.
-Always have a Brady safety valve nearby, in case the rush is closing in.

On defense---
-4 man front
-zone D with a free guy rushing in from random spots
-concentrate on the middle when d.thomas is in the backfield
-concentrate on sealing the edge when miller is back there.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 25, 2013 01:45PM

If Philbin is still the HC after this season, he needs to let Sherman go and get a younger guy that has a lot of ideas of how an offense should be run, and the guy needs to be flexible.

What we have right now are guys who are basically set in their way and are unwilling to change.

Gonna be an interesting off season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.