HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Its on the coaches this poor start to this game
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Its on the coaches this poor start to this game
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 20, 2013 08:49AM

When you have a bye week and all the time to prepare your team and game plan for this game, you have to blame the coaches... This performance is horrible so far... RT looks like he regressed tremendously... The only positive is, THomas looks better then Miller has starting...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Its on the coaches this poor start to this game
Date: October 20, 2013 08:56AM

I guess I spoke to soon with Miller, that run really got that drive kick started... and we sure needed it

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 20, 2013 08:57AM

sorry crowder but coaches do not throw ints.

Date: October 20, 2013 09:00AM

Sam Sam you are right, some of it is on Tannehill for sure... But I blame the coaches for not having the team better prepared for a divisional game

Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 20, 2013 11:58AM

they do call the plays though and they keep calling that stupid 5 yard and everyone turn around play, not to mention Tannehill locks on the receiver the entire time

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 20, 2013 01:58PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess I spoke to soon with Miller, that run
> really got that drive kick started... and we sure
> needed it

I haven't counted, but it seems as though Miller and Thomas are on a number of carries system. No running back in this league can break out when they are on the sideline after so many plays.

Miller is the more dangerous of the two. I have seen Miller on numerous occasions this year burst through the line and either lose his balance or get tripped up just as he was ready to break a long one.

If he could learn to keep his balance, Miller would get many chunk yards this year. Thomas needs to remain the power back.

Date: October 20, 2013 02:00PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> sorry crowder but coaches do not throw ints.

No, coaches do not throw interceptions, but RT does not call the plays, either.

Every QB throws interceptions, including Danny Boy. But, as was the case in this game, RT came back strong.

Sherman called that pass play near the end that ensured the Fins lost.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 20, 2013 02:51PM

captkoi Wrote:

> No, coaches do not throw interceptions, but RT
> does not call the plays, either.
>
> Every QB throws interceptions, including Danny
> Boy. But, as was the case in this game, RT came
> back strong.
>
> Sherman called that pass play near the end that
> ensured the Fins lost.

Truer words were never spoken.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: October 22, 2013 03:15AM

Poor start? Miami has been sluggish out of the gate on nearly every game this year, including the preseason. It usually takes them a few possessions before they start sustaining drives, with a few exceptions. IMO, the coaching staff is doing a poor job of having the team ready for each game.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: October 22, 2013 04:36AM

and Tannehill didn't give up 16 points to a scrub QB with a bunch of average WR's and TE's.

He didn't miss tackles on the final drive when an injured running back was shoving the ball down our throat.

Why is nobody mentioning the decline of this defense?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2013 08:40AM by eesti.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: October 22, 2013 06:24AM

eesti Wrote:
> Why is nobody mentioning the decline of this
> defense?

I would, but I just don't have the time... complaining about the offense is a full-time job!

Date: October 22, 2013 08:42AM

So we can add Kevin Coyle to the shit list as well. No way we should have been that bad minus ONE mediocre starter. (two if you include limited snaps for Wake).

.....................................................................................

Date: October 22, 2013 03:00PM

gofins60 Wrote:
> Poor start? Miami has been sluggish out of the
> gate on nearly every game this year, including the
> preseason. It usually takes them a few possessions
> before they start sustaining drives, with a few
> exceptions. IMO, the coaching staff is doing a
> poor job of having the team ready for each game.

...and having plays called that fit this offense.

Date: October 22, 2013 03:03PM

gofins60 Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why is nobody mentioning the decline of this
> > defense?
>
>
> I would, but I just don't have the time...
> complaining about the offense is a full-time job!

Lol, that's a good one, gofins60. Funny, but true. That is Miami's main problem, right now. Yes, the D caves at crunch time, but the offense is the one that got them in that situation in the first place. However, if the D could get more turnovers, then maybe that situation wouldn't be occurring. Put the offense in a better position on the field and maybe score more points.

I have spoken of the defense's shortcomings many times on this board.

Date: October 22, 2013 03:09PM

eesti Wrote:
> So we can add Kevin Coyle to the shit list as
> well. No way we should have been that bad minus
> ONE mediocre starter. (two if you include limited
> snaps for Wake).

I agree, Coyle is also a problem, but not as big of one as Sherman. Coyle is limited in what he has to work with (injuries, mostly). Up front he has a very good line; linebacking is good, but the secondary is where the problems are. True, a strong pass rush and DBs covering go hand-in-hand, but even then, I am amazed at how often the opposing receivers are in our secondary. I watch other games and only at times do I see guys that open.

Coyle has what he has in the secondary. I would guess that he isn't going to be able to do much until the offseason when he has more time to work with these guys, especially the rookies. Grimes is the best DB Miami has; will Miami be willing to pay him what he would probably be asking?

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 24, 2013 05:21AM

decline of the defense? Tannehill gave up 10 of the points to the other team with his INT for TD and fumble inside FG range.

Date: October 24, 2013 11:20AM

dolphin Wrote:
> decline of the defense? Tannehill gave up 10 of
> the points to the other team with his INT for TD
> and fumble inside FG range.

Who are you replying to, dolphin?

Date: October 24, 2013 11:57AM

The defense hasnt really declined, we are about what we were last year, except a little better against the pass... The run defense is about the same rank.. WIth Cameron Wake hurt, our pass rush isnt as good as it was last year obviously... but that is injury driven rather then a decline so to speak..

There are holes in Coyles scheme though... Our Linebackers get caught in mis matches a lot, as we saw the Saints do to us.... We dont cover the TE well nor running backs like Sproles out of the backfield... our linebackers one on one against a Jimmy Graham or Darren Sproles is bad medicine every day of the week... I expect NE to try the same with their RB and Gronk... I sure hope Coyles has an answer for it this week...

Nietzsche

Date: October 25, 2013 05:02AM

We declined last year to around 13th in rushing yards but most of that was due to injuries at DT. We were in the top 3 for the first half of the season before the injuries. We were dominant. I expected that this year. We were 27th in passing yards last year and 7th in points per game.

We are 15th in rushing yards allowed this year and 25th in passing yards allowed. We are 20th in ppg.

So that's a decline from 7th ranked to 20th so far. That's going from top 10 to lower middle of the pack so yes it's a healthy decline.

We went from 19.8 ppg in 2012 to 23.3 this year! That's the wrong direction for a team with "improved depth and talent"

Take into consideration that Burnett and Dansby were among the top ranked LB's last year. Burnett was in the top 5 all year. He is ranked 7th this year. They were both MUCH better in coverage. Wheeler and Ellerbe are ranked somewhere in the 30'. They have been terrible in overage as well as rush defense. Wheeler has made a few more big plays up to this point.

I am not liking this changing of the guard especially if you consider that we overpaid grossly for these guys.

Coyle is nowhere near the coordinator that Mike Zimmer is and we now see that the success of the overachieving Bengals DB's was not because of Coyle.

It would have been nice to keep Burnett, realease or trade Dansby and draft Kiko Alonso instead of an unhealthy CB who hasn't even played. That guy (Kiko) can cover. He already has 4 ints, 1 FF, 1 sack and 4 PD's. We got the other guy from Oregan instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2013 05:07AM by eesti.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.