HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Does it concern you?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Does it concern you?
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 07, 2013 03:53PM

That we spent all the money we did last offseason but our running game and offensive line got worse...

That Ireland has had a tough time putting together a complete team, even with all of the cash and draft picks he had on hand..

That we have a young top ten draft pick QB who is starting to develop, but keeping him protected either wasnt a priority or there were several mis calculations of talent who was suppose to protect him...

That Reggie Bush is contributing how he is for another team, and for a measly 4 million a year we let him walk...

That a guy like Andy Reid, walked into the Chiefs and turned them around immediately in one offseason and one draft... Yet we keep making excuses for Ireland not having enough time without Parcells to build this team his way...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2013 04:36PM by Crowder52.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does it concern you?
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 07, 2013 04:16PM

Yes.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 08, 2013 04:38AM

It concerns me more that our OC can't seem to figure out you need to run and pass out of the same formations.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 08, 2013 04:40AM

He11 yes.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 08, 2013 01:30PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That we spent all the money we did last offseason
> but our running game and offensive line got
> worse...

It concerns me yes, especially with Wallace. I believe that Ireland thought the guys up front were good enough (not great) to be able to hold up and protect RT and open some holes for the running game. Except for Miami trading up for the 3rd pick, I don't see where there were very many options available to get a really good OLineman.

>
> That Ireland has had a tough time putting together
> a complete team, even with all of the cash and
> draft picks he had on hand..

Again, I believe his plan was getting playmakers. As I said above, he probably thought his grunts were good enough to hold up.

>
> That we have a young top ten draft pick QB who is
> starting to develop, but keeping him protected
> either wasnt a priority or there were several mis
> calculations of talent who was suppose to protect
> him...

See above.

>
> That Reggie Bush is contributing how he is for
> another team, and for a measly 4 million a year we
> let him walk...

Reggie is playing well, but not great. Someone recently pointed out his stats last week....44 rushing yards I believe it was? Even keeping Reggie would have made no difference in our running game.

>
> That a guy like Andy Reid, walked into the Chiefs
> and turned them around immediately in one
> offseason and one draft... Yet we keep making
> excuses for Ireland not having enough time without
> Parcells to build this team his way...

Well, Andy had an advantage. The Chiefs already had a good team; I believe they had six Pro Bowlers? The team just needed direction.

Date: October 08, 2013 02:18PM

I disagree about Bush Cappy, we didnt have that much better of a line last year and he was pretty good...
Bush has much better vision and elusiveness then any RB we have on the roster... That tends to help out when you have a mediocre line... When defensive teams would close the intended hole Reggie would be quick on his feet, with his mind, to improv and attack the hole that presented itself, when the original hole was a dud... Lamar Millers doesnt do that, he runs right into the horrible hole, with no thought or vision... Reggie doesnt do that.... WIthout Reggie last year, our running game scheme weakness and execution would have appeared much earlier, Reggie covered it up with his style and ability... Lamar Miller, cant cover it up...

KC struggled for a long while, Reid brought in a FA QB, kept his FA's, drafted a 1st lineman, despite already having Brandon ALbert franchised.. Signed 2 of our guys... And has Sean SMith looking and ranking better then he ever did in Miami..

Whatever Ireland's plan for playmakers was, it still doesnt change the fact, that he can't seem to put together a complete team, with the most money and drafts pick in the entire league last year... Our Oline and RB personnel are his guys. We traded away our 2 highest picks to get DIon Jordan, which all but took us out of the tackle draft game... While I like Jordan, and the pick, he didnt solve our oline, with any picks or FA's.. He spent 60 million and his main target on a guy that is barely a top 50 guy at his position... And that is a huge problem right now... That is on Ireland, and his decisions... While I hope it all comes together for us, his moves are hardly impressive... His 2 best moves IMO, were Grimes and Keller, both guys he gave 1 year deals... So in the end, he put us in position with Grimes, where it didn't really help the team long term.. Because it is a 1 year deal, Grimes is going to be the most sought after FA next year, if we dont break the bank to sign him before the season ends...
What is suprising is that RT is carrying and covering up a lot of deficiencies in this team.... That 40 yard throw on 4th down with the game on the line, was probably the most beautiful thing I have seen since Marino left.... And I am pissed, the knuckle head didn't do his part to have guys that can protect RT... and we are losing games because of it...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 08, 2013 07:15PM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 09, 2013 11:03AM

I am a fan of Miller. He has great vision. If they will run him out of that spread\shotgun offense you will see what he can do.

Date: October 10, 2013 08:19AM

Not the first time someone buys a fancy car and then chintzes out on the Gas he puts in it. You either do it right , or not at all.

My guess is they thought they were better then this. The Defense could pull them through. They thought wrong. I don't think any amount of coaching will help this unit. Time for some personnel changes.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: October 10, 2013 09:04AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Not the first time someone buys a fancy car and
> then chintzes out on the Gas he puts in it. You
> either do it right , or not at all.
>
> My guess is they thought they were better then
> this. The Defense could pull them through. They
> thought wrong. I don't think any amount of
> coaching will help this unit. Time for some
> personnel changes.

Ireland has to take a hit for the Oline being this bad, but so do the coaches.

Even so... This is still only year two of the conversion from ground and pound to West coast and from 3-4 to 4-3. Not saying it can't be done in 2 years but it generally takes 3 to flip an offense or a defense, let alone both.

You just can't address all of a teams needs in one off season. You have to make choices.

Year 1 was about getting a qb and figuring out who fit the new schemes.

Year two netted an upgrade to the receiving corps, the pass rush, and the secondary.

Looks like year three will be the Oline.

It's a young flawed team with a pretty good Def, a young qb on the rise and a good group of receivers as well as a suspect oline.

It's exactly what we thought it was two months ago.

A team with enough pieces to make the post season but not enough to contend.

I find it remarkable how some of our fans have reacted to getting spanked on the road by the 2nd best team in the nfl and losing by a fg to one of the more physical teams in the league who also happens to be the defending champion.

Date: October 10, 2013 09:52AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> > I find it remarkable how some of our fans have
> reacted to getting spanked on the road by the 2nd
> best team in the nfl and losing by a fg to one of
> the more physical teams in the league who also
> happens to be the defending champion.

EXACTLY. I'm not happy about it , but people need to relax. Season still has a way to go.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 10, 2013 09:58AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> THE Truth Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > I find it remarkable how some of our fans
> have
> > reacted to getting spanked on the road by the
> 2nd
> > best team in the nfl and losing by a fg to one
> of
> > the more physical teams in the league who also
> > happens to be the defending champion.
>
>
>
>
> EXACTLY. I'm not happy about it , but people need
> to relax. Season still has a way to go.

Superbowl champs...........?

This ravens team is nowhere near the caliber team they were last year.

Now even close. they are a much weaker team.

And when we play a good team like the saints look what happens. BLOWOUT CITY.

Had it been the ravens team from last year instead of this years team who we played sunday....And it would had been a blowout just like against the saints.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 10, 2013 12:47PM

samsam3738 Wrote:

> Superbowl champs...........?
>
> This ravens team is nowhere near the caliber team
> they were last year.
>
> Now even close. they are a much weaker team.
>
>
> __________________________________________________
> ___
>
>
> And when we play a good team like the saints look
> what happens. BLOWOUT CITY.
>
> Had it been the ravens team from last year instead
> of this years team who we played sunday....And it
> would had been a blowout just like against the
> saints.

As you say, SamSam, egggggxaccctly.

Date: October 10, 2013 03:02PM

If you have read my other posts, you know I am not giving up on the season... But some of you are not being realistic either... I asked if these things concerned you, and I got an attack on my fan hood and how remarkable it is to question, concerns that seem all but apparent to anyone not trying to make excuses a status quo for this team and their interpretation of it...

Nietzsche

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: October 10, 2013 03:12PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> If you have read my other posts, you know I am not
> giving up on the season... But some of you are not
> being realistic either... I asked if these things
> concerned you, and I got an attack on my fan hood
> and how remarkable it is to question, concerns
> that seem all but apparent to anyone not trying to
> make excuses a status quo for this team and their
> interpretation of it...

Interesting that you would think my comments were directed at you.

Date: October 10, 2013 03:17PM

Truth- I made a post, asking if issues concerned people... I assumed you were responding to the issues I listed, wasnt trying to misinterpret your post, I thought your post addressed my post...

Nietzsche

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 10, 2013 06:28PM

It plays both ways.. The season is anything but over...

But do yourself a favor and go back and read my post after the Norlens fiasco -- it was the WAY this team was resoundingly out-coached (and imploded) that hit home so hard…

That revelation tells more than just "all we need is another draft focused on OL."

Right now -- I wish that was the case -- and I believed that. But I saw something that is far more ominous in terms of this regimes future (in my opinion).

I think we lose to the j e t s and cheats and at least 1 to the bills because we're going to get out-coached in a number of games -- let alone the personnel deficiencies.

There is ZERO reason to believe (nor hype) this team as a legit playoff contender at this point -- let alone a serious playoff mover and shaker.

I think we're going to be very close to 500 when all is said and done. 9-7 tops. 7-9 bottoms. But we're most likely going to play 500 ball from here on out…

Yawn.

BNF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.