HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          OK......so the Bowl backed up a bit
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
OK......so the Bowl backed up a bit
Date: October 06, 2013 10:14PM

When we went to flush the Ravens. That offensive line is broken much worse then anyone expected. I knew , everyone knew , they were the weak link going into week 1 . But I honestly never thought they were this bad.

Good News is that's the biggest problem. We fix the line and we are a very competitive team again. 3 and 2 going into the Bye is not that bad. Would you rather be the Jets ? There problems are just beginning.

The Dolphins have 2 weeks to figure this out.

A) Trade for another Lineman
cool smiley Let Tanny Roll out like he used to.
I don't think any amount of coaching will fix it as it is.

God I miss Richmond Webb. sad smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OK......so the Bowl backed up a bit
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 07, 2013 02:31AM

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit my friend.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 07, 2013 04:06AM

Yeah, at this point unless they suddenly get better our upcoming 1st, 2nd and 3rd round draft picks...need to be a LT, a RT, and a G.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 07, 2013 04:19AM

How bad must the back-up lineman be that what we saw on Sunday are the 5 best guys? They kept Yeatman around for two years, claimed Watkins off of waivers, kept Garner for several years and none of these guys would be even an incremental improvement over the 4 stiffs that are starting? I'll give Pouncey a pass because I think he's played well enough, but the rest of the line stinks. This falls squarely on Ireland. With the kind of putridness that is being displayed by the offensive line, how you could spend what amounted to a first and a second round pick for a defensive end? What makes matters worse is that you're starting a 2nd year QB who they had to know has a tendency to hold onto the ball too long. Watching the Dallas Denver game was eye opening. There were plays when both Romo and Manning had all day to sit back and wait for someone to get open. I think it's hard to even evaluate Tannehill fairly when you have 4 turnstiles blocking for him. Just venting I guess.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 07, 2013 04:41AM

Ugh...The offensive line is NOT about individual talent, it's about smarts (seeing the Defense the same way a good QB does) and most of all the ability to operate as a unit.

The only thing more uprising than the lack of high round draft picks on most Superbowl winning O-lines of the last 10 years or so is the abundance of UNDRAFTED guys.

In the last 9 years we have spent fully a THIRD (3 of 9 INCLUDING a #1 overall) of our 1st round draft picks on Offensive Linemen. In that time we are 61-88 (40% win pct) and have only made the playoffs ONE year and have only been ranked in the top HALF of the NFL in offense ONE year. Interestingly, those years were the same year and the ONLY year we had A SERVICEABLE NFL QB. That year was 2008, the year Pennington managed to stay healthy.

We need somebody who knows how to build an offensive line quickly and without wasting a lot of draft picks (or money) we need for skill positions. Right now we haven't got anyone who has a clue about that.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 07, 2013 05:51AM

Lots of good points here... Yea. We need a solution.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: October 07, 2013 06:22AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lots of good points here... Yea. We need a
> solution.

Not a lot of inseason solutions for coaching or player upgrades.

If I'm firing a coach it's the Oline coach.

If I'm shuffling the line I bench Clabo. Slide jerry to RT and give anyone and everyone at shot at Rg... Starting with Watkins.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 07, 2013 06:28AM

I'm not a fan of firing coaches right now either... But

I think they are reluctant to make certain personnel moves because:

(a) it opens them up to a LOT of potential criticism re: who they signed, didn’t sign etc.

and

(b) hard to believe -- but it would seem they are not sold on the fact we have a viable answer off the shelf with existing roster…

That part would be a real nightmare since we have kept dudes in developmental situations and they have NOT developed…

Date: October 07, 2013 07:27AM

I think They need to make at least one example over in the Oline department.

There has to be someone available to come in an teach these guys something. Send a message. Like Truth said, Bench Clabo . Scan the CFL. I don't have all the answers but Irlend better git on it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 07, 2013 10:13AM

Good suggestion Treasure. Almost all of those CFL guys are hoping to come to the NFL. Maybe berk knows the legal consequences of signing them away from their teams.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2013 10:13AM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 07, 2013 10:58AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good suggestion Treasure. Almost all of those CFL
> guys are hoping to come to the NFL. Maybe berk
> knows the legal consequences of signing them away
> from their teams.

Agree. I just can't believe it's THAT hard to find 3-4 fat guys that can keep someone from getting around them for 3-4 seconds. Maybe hit the nightclubs in South Beach looking for some bouncers...smiling bouncing smiley

Date: October 07, 2013 11:05AM

LOL. KB.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 07, 2013 11:15AM

why does the offensive line play back on a pass play? Why not go get the guy like they do in a run play?

Date: October 07, 2013 11:19AM

Probably because if you charge and miss the guy has a clean shot because you're o line neighbor has to contend with his own guy.

Just thinking from my days of playing center in school.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.