HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Aldon Smith arrested for DUI
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Aldon Smith arrested for DUI
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: September 20, 2013 09:18AM

Crashed into a tree at 7am. Blew a .15 on the breath-a-lizer.

Also had some MaryJane in the car, but reports are he has a prescription for that...lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aldon Smith arrested for DUI
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 20, 2013 09:53AM

Aldon Smith and Von Miller...tisk tisk..Sounds like they need "The Brotherhood".

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 20, 2013 10:52AM

Hay man its San Francisco , what else is there to do? uuum, never mind........eye rolling smiley (back to PVC and hamsters again........)smoking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 20, 2013 12:11PM

RE: .15

Why are all these dudes so willing to blow???

I telling y'all -- we're living in modern day Sodom and Gomorrah -- aka the Minneapolis Saint Paul "liberal regional" immoral mind!

Eee-gads. What's next?

Healthcare for the masses?

Free vaginal MRIs? Ultrasound testicle tests?

Don't blow dudes! Don't do it!

BNF.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 20, 2013 01:43PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hay man its San Francisco , what else is there to
> do? uuum, never mind........eye rolling smiley (back to PVC and
> hamsters again........)smoking smiley

ROFLMAO.

Date: September 20, 2013 02:56PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> RE: .15
>
> Why are all these dudes so willing to blow???
>
> I telling y'all -- we're living in modern day
> Sodom and Gomorrah -- aka the Minneapolis Saint
> Paul "liberal regional" immoral mind!
>
> Eee-gads. What's next?
>
> Healthcare for the masses?
>
> Free vaginal MRIs? Ultrasound testicle tests?
>
> Don't blow dudes! Don't do it!
>
> BNF.

Don't know about San fran , but here in Florida , you don't blow you automatically lose your D.L. for 6 months. Judge sees that you didn't blow just once, your kind of a marked man EVERYTIME you get a ticket for the next decade.

Most people I know that don't blow , They get caught for driving with a Suspended D.L. for not blowing and they go to jail anyways.

Here is a better message BNF , How about you don't drink and drive? Just a thought........drinking smileywinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 20, 2013 03:08PM

Treasure, I think "don't blow" was a metaphor, double entendre, perhaps triple entendre, for drinking and the breathalyzer, I don't think he was advocating drinking and driving, in fact he was urging the contrary. LOL. We'll leave out discussion of the triple entendre.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 20, 2013 05:27PM

better lose your license for 6 months than go to jail for a dui

Date: September 20, 2013 09:12PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> better lose your license for 6 months than go to
> jail for a dui

No one goes to Jail for first/second/3rd offense. But it does get expensive. And just because you don't blow doesn't mean you automatically get away with it. You just make it more difficult to prove and judges don't appreciate it. You wind up paying one way or another. You get stopped its on your permanent driving record. Refusal to submit. No more breaks for you.

Recently we stopped a gentleman with 8 refusals dating back to 1983. He was driving a RV intoxicated and took out a mailbox.( luckily it wasn't a kid on a bike) He had no Valid DL. Judge gave him a $1 Million bond. He's doing his time whether he likes it or not. Last time I checked he is still in jail awaiting trial.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 20, 2013 09:19PM

I believe the best thing to do, besides not DUIing in the 1st place, is to tell the officer... "I'm not refusing the breath test, but I wish for my attorney to be present while the test is administered." Hopefully some of the ethanol is metabolized before they actually get a hold of a lawyer for you.

Date: September 21, 2013 09:47AM

Okay. Let me make it simpler. When BNF said, "Don't Blow," he was saying "Don't put yourself in the situation where you end up having to blow in a breathalyzer" which means "Don't drink and drive."

Date: September 21, 2013 10:27AM

toko34 Wrote:
> I believe the best thing to do, besides not DUIing
> in the 1st place, is to tell the officer... "I'm
> not refusing the breath test, but I wish for my
> attorney to be present while the test is
> administered." Hopefully some of the ethanol is
> metabolized before they actually get a hold of a
> lawyer for you.

You don't have a right for a Lawyer to be present because holding a D.L. is NOT a right its a privilege. Your not being questioned. Its a simple question.....Yes or No. You say no the state takes your D.L. its that simple. And most visiting states all agree. Someone refuses to blow in NYC but holds a Florida D.L.? Its gone here as well. BUT.....refusing to blow is not criminal. So you lose your D.L. for 6 months but you won't get the DUI UNLESS they get you on Video even then its a crap shoot with a good Lawyer. But that Lawyer will wind up running you $5-7 grand. But they ALL drive without the D.L. and That is Criminal.

Moral of the story is don't Drink and drive. Not worth it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 21, 2013 11:08AM

However, Treasure, as you yourself imply, each state's laws are different. I don't know what state Toko is referring to.

I know in California, refusal to take either a breathalyzer or a blood test results in automatic either suspension or revocation of your license because driving is a privilege and not a right. What is the law in Florida may not be the law in Toko's state.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 21, 2013 12:48PM

You guys are right about Florida, it is an implied consent State. Well good thing I haven't been in a DUI. I will make use of my manually powered bicycle if I find myself craving spicy wings and that bubbly barley fermented beverage tomorrow afternoon pre-game smiling smiley

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 21, 2013 01:54PM

Whoever drives drunk does not respect the lives of other people including kids.

Date: September 21, 2013 02:07PM

I agree with that SamSam.

Date: September 22, 2013 05:44AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> However, Treasure, as you yourself imply, each
> state's laws are different. I don't know what
> state Toko is referring to.
>
> I know in California, refusal to take either a
> breathalyzer or a blood test results in automatic
> either suspension or revocation of your license
> because driving is a privilege and not a right.
> What is the law in Florida may not be the law in
> Toko's state.

I can't answer for every state , but I know NY , RI , and MA have reciprocal laws in place that state if a driver in their state are here in Florida , if their is PC to pull them over and they refuse a breathalyzer , they lose their D.L. for 6 months automatically. We don't give it back , we hand them in to record clerk who lets that state know. Technology is pretty advanced now. It will also let many neighboring states know . I know the above states I mentioned have deals with other states as long as they are accredited and follow certain procedures. Many more states do as well , I just haven't dealt with them personally. Its very important to be an accredited department. Grants for breathalyzers, mobile and standing units are available to only accredited agencies. Grants for more officer/deputies , and specially marked vehicles for traffic related duties. The movement against DUI is huge now. Especially here in South Florida. I've seen teenagers lose their D.L's until 21 for refusing to blow.

My point? Its out their on facebook, all kinds of social Media.....don't Blow. Its your right. Don't blow , don't blow. But I don't see enough about don't drink and drive anymore. People seem more concerned with trying to get away with something and I just think its a horrible message , especially when the reality is your really not getting away with anything.

OK........I'm officially putting the soap box away. drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 22, 2013 06:30AM

How else to get your car home from the bar? drinking smiley

Date: September 22, 2013 08:12AM

So Treasure "don't blow" is an actual slogan being used? I did not know that.

Date: September 22, 2013 08:48AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> So Treasure "don't blow" is an actual slogan being
> used? I did not know that.

I wouldn't say its a slogan , but anti Law enforcement cooperation on Traffic stops is definitely a growing mind set. I actually had a kid tell me he didn't have to show me his D.L and crossed his arms and sat there. It cost him a ride to the jail on a obstruction charge that otherwise would have just been a $120 ticket , or maybe even just a warning. Guess where he got his Info? The Internet. Don't believe everything you read on the Net. I get the whole Young Rebel thing , I was there.....but learn the law before you assume to test it. winking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 22, 2013 08:58AM

Idiots. I'm glad my sons are 34 and 38 and grew up in the late 80's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.