HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Koa Misi extended
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Koa Misi extended
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 07, 2013 07:47AM

Alex Marvez?@alexmarvez21m
I'm hearing $17 million in new money for @MiamiDolphins LB Koa Misi as part of his new contract, a source tells @FOXSports.

Good or bad move?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Koa Misi extended
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: September 07, 2013 07:55AM

WOW.

That is a surprise.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 07, 2013 08:09AM

Good move for a versatile player....3-4 OLB, 4-3 OLB, 4-3 DE

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 07, 2013 08:20AM

guy defines painfully average. like channing crowder makes no impact plays. I'd rather have spent that money elsewhere.

Date: September 07, 2013 08:26AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> guy defines painfully average. like channing
> crowder makes no impact plays. I'd rather have
> spent that money elsewhere.

Yeah. I'd have thought we'd have been looking for a more athletic guy for that spot next year.

I guess it depends on how the contract is structured and how much is guaranteed. But this is a surprise for me, to say the least.

Date: September 07, 2013 08:33AM

another head scratcher by Ireland.
btw, I think circumstances are proving cutting R Marshall was a mistake. We are now painfully thin at DB and have to carry like 15 DBs due to injuries to the 2 rookies.

Date: September 07, 2013 08:52AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> another head scratcher by Ireland.
> btw, I think circumstances are proving cutting R
> Marshall was a mistake. We are now painfully thin
> at DB and have to carry like 15 DBs due to
> injuries to the 2 rookies.

Injuries happen Berk.

If we had 5 healthy CB's like we did when he was cut then it wouldn't be an issue.

Our top 4 CB's are: Grimes, Patterson, Taylor, Davis.

If you plan to keep 5 then who do you want as #5? A so-so veteran making $5M a year or a so-so young guy who is a vital cog on ST's like Nolan Carroll?

Getting rid of the Patterson/Marshall was the right thing to do. You just can't predict injuries.

Date: September 07, 2013 08:56AM

marshall was our 3d best CB. cutting him would make sense if he were our 5th best but he was not. He was in the running to start opposite Grimes, how do you go from that to cut in 1 week?
like you said, injuries happen, which is why you need depth and why it's foolish to cut your 3d best CB.

Date: September 07, 2013 09:20AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> marshall was our 3d best CB. cutting him would
> make sense if he were our 5th best but he was not.
> He was in the running to start opposite Grimes,
> how do you go from that to cut in 1 week?
> like you said, injuries happen, which is why you
> need depth and why it's foolish to cut your 3d
> best CB.

#1 - Grimes

#2 - Patterson (beat out Marshall)

#3 - Taylor (2013 2nd round pick)

#4 - Davis )(2013 3rd round pick)

#5 - ???

Your 5th CB out of 5 isn't going to be a guy who is 30, making $5M a year, and who doesn't play special teams... unless none of your other CB options are younger, cheaper and are key special teamers.

Sure we could use Marshall this week. Who knew we'd lose 3CB's in a week and have to carry 11 DB's week one just to have enough live bodies in the secondary to get us to week 2?

if you wanted Marshall as insurance, ok...

But he's never shown he was better than Carroll in the 2 years he's been here. So I really have no issues with going with a 5th CB who plays ST's.

Date: September 07, 2013 09:33AM

I disagree that the 2 rookies are 3 and 4. both would be on the team, sure. but never in competition to start, as marshall was. what is your basis for that ranking?
clearly cutting marshall was $$ related. but we are well under the cap even after the dubious and unnecessary extension of misi. there was no financial imperative to cut him when we did and I thought it was a mistake at the time due to the depth issues we are seeing even before week 1. Don't get wrong, Marshall is no superstar, but definitely better than say Nolan Carroll....

Date: September 07, 2013 09:38AM

Date: September 07, 2013 09:44AM

good points eetsi. he's definitely not horrible, but I've seen nothing on the field from him that makes me think we should be locking him up for the next 4 years. maybe his play this season will prove me wrong.

Date: September 07, 2013 10:17AM

I believe it's a good move and I believe they are doing it now because they expect a great year from Misi.

Rumor is he will be used in the nickle package as a rusher with Jordan, Wake and Vernon.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 07, 2013 06:16PM

So far, in my most humble opinion, Misi has been a prime example of the Peter Principal -- tho the kid is probably a total bad-ass in a street fight, he's an average facilitator on the proverbial grid-iron. And as others have noted -- Koa lacks the ability to inflict game-changing dynamics on the competitive contextual arena. Period. Insert comma if you prefer. That said,

let's get serious. What is 17mil nowadays? I think its pocket change and a few extra bubble gum wrappers for a full-fledged professional coitusback assassin -- if indeed the aforementioned "Misi" has actually wrestled a live coitusback to the ground?

Maybe he has. Maybe he hasn't. I'm sure the stat dweebs are all over this by now. But whatever their findings, it's obvious Misi is a bargain because we let that super expensive midget Rasta receiver walk for a lot less. Unless the rumors of Bessies back attack are true -- and Philbin expects Rasta's to play with broken bones and probably high cholesterol as well. Oh the irony keeps getting deeper. Or is that goat shit?

Either way, I think Koa is pretty cool name. And this Misi guy is "white," which carries a definite market premium nowadays with all the Sicilian and Middle Eastern athletes taking the league over. And since when is a kicker not from the dismantled eastern block? Talk about Jeresy!

Of course the SEC is still home to many superior losers including the gators and their oral obsession with "eating" their opponents. But today we witnessed the hurricanes and no one was killed in Louisiana. So of course "god" loves the ACC and watches most of the SEC as well.

My .02 if you wood.

Last. Miami wins tomorrow is they strike hard. And often. And finish strong. Other than that, the outcome is contingent on the Dolphins leading by at least 8 points with 30 seconds to go in the 4th quarter. After that -- all bets are off.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 07, 2013 07:34PM

Huh?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 07, 2013 08:45PM

BNF, that was pure poetry.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: September 09, 2013 05:09AM

I like Misi

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 09, 2013 10:34AM

Date: September 09, 2013 10:48AM

Nawa'akoa Lisiate Foti Analeseanoa Misi is TONGAN.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 10, 2013 12:47PM

The deal includes around 8 million in guaranteed money and around 2.5 in signing bonus.. He really doesnt make that much money per year until the last 2 years of the deal... I think he makes less then a million the first year, and about 1.5 million the second year... Then 3 plus million in the 3rd and over 4 million in the 4th year...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.