HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          A bad month for Boston sports...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
A bad month for Boston sports...
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: June 27, 2013 06:28AM

...which does give me a bit of a sheepish grin.

I have a deep, ingrained dislike for Boston teams being a Dolphins, Angels, and Lakers fan. So it gives me a little unabashed glee to watch the Boston fans take hit after hit.

With the Celtics dismantling, the Bruin gag job to lose Game 6... at home, and now the Patriots circus.

The AFC East is ripe for the taking, and it will be ours sooner than later! "Can't wait!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A bad month for Boston sports...
Date: June 27, 2013 07:06AM

I'm not a fan of the area or the fans, but I don't wish death on anyone. My thoughts are with the Victims loved ones.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 27, 2013 08:14AM

How about a bad year? Add in the Boston Marathon bombing... Got to feel for the people who live in Boston.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 27, 2013 09:33AM

You guys are making it sound worse than it is.

Yes the Bruins lost in the cup final but the hockey fans I know say they were shocked they made it this far. Played some exciting games in the postseason--many decided in OT. A good year for the Bs.

The Celtics, well everyone loved Doc, but it was obvious for the past couple of seasons that the team needed to rebuild. Garnett, Pierce, and company are grandpas. They need to rebuild around Rondo, and Doc has stated that he didn't want to be involved in a rebuilding project so he asked to be let go. Ainge agreed--no bad feelings or anything like that. The fans understand this and are okay with it, in general. Most Boston fans (except Patsies fans---but that's not a boston team grinning smiley ) are used to going decades between championships. The B's and C's have won within the past few years so their fans are not really depressed.

This thread has conveniently avoided the fact that the Red Sox are currently in first place in their division. So it's not really a bad time for Boston sports when you consider that.

As for the Pats...F them. the AG scandal couldn't have happened to a better team. It's a horrible shame that a young man lost his life needlessly, and I hope that justice is served. But this is the state that lets drunk drivers who kill people off with a slap on the pinky, so who knows what will happen.

As for the events surrounding April 15th , which also happened during a sporting event, people are not depressed or very worried in general but there is a little bit of anxiety about July 4th, when they have a big concert on the Esplanade every year--the surviving asshole who did the Marathon bombings apparently told the cops they originally planned to carry out their attack on July 4th (which would have harmed more people and especially children---lots of families go to that concert). They chose the marathon instead because their bombs were ready "early."

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 10:03AM

I got nothing to say to this thread because i dont give a crap about boston but................

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
heat.

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 01:47PM

I hope my bruins give me a bad season like this one every year...for that matter hope the fins do as well. To me it is more about every game counting and not watching a lame duck team than whether or not my fav team gets the cup or whatever championship. Dont get me wrong I am still a bit stung by the Bs lost esp the way it finished but I got alot of great nites of watching edge of your seat games with my boy and I did shut off the game in the final 5 seconds so i didnt actually have to see the hawks celebrate in Boston. My grandfather who was a big sox fan said soemthimng to me that i always liked refering to pro sports. i cant rememeber the exact quote but it was to the effect that he never sees a check when they win anything so until he does he wont put too much of himself into their final demise. Only two teams i have it bad for are the Bruins and the Fins. If both teams are relevant I am happy. As a side note the Bs are full of chararctwer guys too which to me is just as important(bergeron is my 3rd favorite all time sports figure with Ray Bourque and of course Dan Marino), Just love rooting fot guys liek him and the Zach Thomases of sports. Give me guys like that that stay relevant with the shot at a championship over a dynasty team of prima donna hoods anytime.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 02:39PM

angryseas I love reading your posts. it always seems like you are typing in the middle of the ocean during a typhoon

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 03:09PM

Cmon berk you used that line already

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: June 27, 2013 07:17PM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> As for the Pats...F them.

I couldn't have said it better. Well...I could have, but I'd be in a little bit of trouble winking smiley

Date: June 28, 2013 07:43AM

angryseas2000 Wrote:
> Cmon berk you used that line already

Yeah c'mon berk what a Berkeley thing to say anyway....ain't no typhoons off the coast of New England!
grinning smiley

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 07:44AM

ok, then he was typing in a perfect storm!

Date: June 28, 2013 07:46AM

angryseas2000 Wrote:
> To me it is more about every game
> counting and not watching a lame duck team than
> whether or not my fav team gets the cup or
> whatever championship.

I've gotta agree with that in principle. Every team wants to win a championship, of course. But there is something to be said about every game that your team plays actually counting for something. That's why it was great to watch Don Shula's teams throughout his career. He only had two losing seasons. We were in it pretty much every year. There was none of this "let's tank three seasons in a row so we can rebuild for three more years after that" nonsense. On game day I want my team to win.

Date: June 28, 2013 07:49AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> ok, then he was typing in a perfect storm!

much better lol

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 11:12AM

The 2013 Red Sox are looking real good, only minor threat in their division is the Orioles.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.