HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT.....
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: June 17, 2013 11:52AM

We WILL win the AFC EAST this year!!

My prediction

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT.....
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: June 17, 2013 12:13PM

I'm thinking we can & should as well. At least a wildcard.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 17, 2013 01:28PM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We WILL win the AFC EAST this year!!
>
> My prediction

I hope you are right, our offense was not even close to the production NE had last year... I think we will be better, but we have a tough early schedule, with a lot of new players. I am not sure that is a great recipe for success... Also I am not sure how much NE is going to fall off from there production last year...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:54PM

don't you guys realize this thread is just an excuse for dolfan1 to pimp the pats

Date: June 17, 2013 04:16PM

Yep. Even the Pats and Jets fans know it. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 17, 2013 04:59PM

Pimp the Pats. That has a lyrical sound to it. Like Putin, the Pats and the Ring!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 18, 2013 11:15AM

Every few years I think Belichick is getting too cocky and is ready to plunge into the depths of mediocrity. So far I have been wrong every time.

This year however (cough, cough), I think it's time for the Pats to fall down a notch and this is why.....

1. They (Brady) have relied heavily on Wes Welker over the last 6 years. He has averaged 112 receptions per year. That adds up to about 35% of Tom Brady's completions over that time. Welker (the security blanket) is gone. They also lost their other starting WR.

2. I think Gronk did get cocky and hasn't taken care of his body. He will have a short career IMO. Back and forearm surgery in one off-season. I don't see him playing 16 games this year.

3. Belichick signed Amendola to replace Welker. That's a huge drop off because the odds are DA will miss half the season. His over/under has to be around 9.

4. Hernandez is over rated and also struggles to stay healthy. He is recovering from shoulder surgery.

That's a lot of injury prone players to rely on. Your top 3 offensive skill positions. Remember what I always say about expecting someone to be something he has never been...

This is also a team that has relied heavily upon the spread offense. That's hard to do with a shortage at WR...let alone when 1 is fragile, 2 are rookies and 2 are retreads that were #3's at best.

5. Tom Brady is at the age where most all QB's decline. Marino, Elway, Montana, etc. Brady will be 36 before the season starts.

Here are the top WR's....

Danny Amendola (slot and #1 option)
Mike Jenkins (Atl)
Aaron Dobson (R)
Donald Jones (Buf)
Julian Edelman
Josh Boyce

This is a group that is void of a true deep threat. We know all too well what that does to an offense. It shortens the field and you become almost one dimensional. They won't be near as deficient as Miami was last year because Brady can still sling it but it won't be easy. Losing Lloyd will hurt more than they think.

They will also be hard-pressed to get the starters on the field at the same time. Guys could be popping in and out of the lineup all season due to injury.

Say Gronk and Hernandez can't start the season. Amendola does but then gets hurt about the time those guys get healthy (if they do).

I see the Pats relying heavily on the running game this year. Their o-line is the strong suit of the offense. I could also see a T.O or Ocho sighting in NE if training camp doesn't go well for the passing game.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: June 18, 2013 11:43AM

reminds me of all the Charlie Brown skits, when he kept hoping over and over that this would finally be his time, the Great Pumpkin, the Football kick...etc.

This season might actually be it, the year we return to Football dominance! (it has a familiar ring, no?)

in reality...I think Jests and Bills are a disaster, and the one and only thing that would or could hold us back from a conference title is the Pats Defense, which might be much better than advertised this season.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 18, 2013 11:49AM

Dolfan1 masisi might be right afterall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2013 11:55AM by samsam3738.

Date: June 18, 2013 11:51AM

eesti Wrote:
> Every few years I think Belichick is getting too
> cocky and is ready to plunge into the depths of
> mediocrity. So far I have been wrong every time.
>
> This year however (cough, cough), I think it's
> time for the Pats to fall down a notch and this is
> why.....

I have gone through the same conundrums with the Patriots myself.. I also feel they are due once again to drop down a notch. What does scare me, the Patriots last year lead the league in first downs with 444, the # 2 team in the category The Broncos had 380. A 64 first downs difference between #1 and #2 and a hundred more then number 3 with 341. We ranked 22 with 288... That is a long way up for us and a long way down for them. I agree about Gronk probably not playing to much early. I dont think Aaron Hernandez is over rated when he is on the field but that could just be might gator glasses... But you are right with questions about health from the 2 TE's and the loss of Welker, Brady aging, the offensive productions should at least drop off a bit...

We have a better defense then the Patriots so that should help our odds.. But we need to see a huge jump from our offense in production, first downs and points.... Everything looks like we are moving in that direction but it is really impossible to tell at this point, how far and how fast it will happen for us this year...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: June 18, 2013 01:46PM

wow eesti on cue, Gronk had more back surgery today and out indefinitely, timetable unknown and that is on top of his wrist problems.. And Aaron Hernandez questioned in a homicide investigation announced today, although they say Hernandez is not a suspect... But I am sure the Pats are not happy about the distraction it brings or that he was around something like this whether just an innocent bystander or not..

Nietzsche

Date: June 18, 2013 02:05PM

Date: June 18, 2013 03:04PM

Special on Total Access tomorrow talking about the Dolphins and if they can overtake the Pats. Wednesday, 7:00pm EST

.....................................................................................

Date: June 18, 2013 04:27PM

But the Pats signed Tbow.........grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 18, 2013 05:16PM

dolfan1, are you Ghotirule as well?

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: June 18, 2013 07:16PM

lol Heath Evans is such a Pat homer. Nice quotes there eesti.

Date: June 19, 2013 06:54AM

I hope the first place they stick a Microphone is in Heath Evans face when the Phins win the division..........Guess where the second place is? eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 19, 2013 12:48PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> I hope the first place they stick a Microphone is
> in Heath Evans face when the Phins win the
> division..........Guess where the second place is?
> eye rolling smiley

or visa versa

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 20, 2013 10:13AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> I hope the first place they stick a Microphone is
> in Heath Evans face when the Phins win the
> division..........Guess where the second place is?
> eye rolling smiley

And i add that may the microphone be as long as a donkeys nose.

Date: June 20, 2013 10:50AM

And.......I hope they find Krafts missing ring when they pull it out! eye popping smiley grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.