HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Paul Boudreau O-line coach in St. Louis
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Paul Boudreau O-line coach in St. Louis
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 03, 2013 08:51AM

Paul Boudreau used to be 0-line coach for the Dolphins. Of all the coaching changes we've been through in the last few years, the firing of Boudreau was probably the biggest loss. He was one of the few things Jimmy Johnson did right, in my opinion. He was with us through the first of the Wanny years, and his leaving was one of Wanny's first mistakes. Boudreau's O-line was really good and getting better, and I was really excited about it, as I think the O-line is one of the most important things that a successful franchise is built on. Boudreau left, and I think we know what direction Wanny took this team in. I personally think this decision was instrumental in that decline. I mention this because I see where Jake Long will be playing for Boudreau in St. Louis. I expect him to revert to form as one of the best tackles in the league.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Paul Boudreau O-line coach in St. Louis
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 03, 2013 10:02AM

Jakes problem wasn't lack of coaching. It was his health. If he can get and stay healthy, he will be among the league best. Unfortunately, that's a big IF.

I am not fully aware of Budreau's accomplishments but we didn't have any form of a running game until 2000. PB's 2nd and final year. We also had some pretty decent linemen in 2000 so I'm not sure how much credit I would give to Paul.

LT Richmond Webb, LG Mark Dixon, C Tim Ruddy, RG Kevin Donnaley, RT Todd Wade. We also usually kept an additional lineman/TE to block in Heath Irwin.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 03, 2013 10:47AM

soLong is totally good riddance.

You want to follow his pharmacological progression go right ahead but he stunk the place up around here for the several years.

All he did was take millions upon millions and play like a cement-footed, goat-footed, lame bag of shit. My opinion. Of course.

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2013 10:48AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 04, 2013 12:54PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> soLong is totally good riddance.
>
> You want to follow his pharmacological progression
> go right ahead but he stunk the place up around
> here for the several years.
>
> All he did was take millions upon millions and
> play like a cement-footed, goat-footed, lame bag
> of shit. My opinion. Of course.
>
> BNF.

It's obvious you have a hard-on for Long, but I can't agree that he stunk up the place for several years.

He played well (getting beat on occasion, but who doesn't) and his injuries did nothing to help his game.

Jake had a real problem understanding his "real" worth (because of injuries) so he went where he was "wanted" (i.e., where the money is).

Evidently the Rams are ok with the medical reports about Jake, and ignoring his last two years in Miami, and still see him as an excellent LT.

I wish nothing for the best for him, but he is a real question mark as far as his health goes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.