HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Matt Cassel was released by the Chiefs
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Matt Cassel was released by the Chiefs
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: March 16, 2013 07:06AM

I only bring this up because I remember the phenomenal year he had after Brady went down with the Cheatriots, and now this same player is out of the starting job on the worst team last year. Their were reports that while Cassel was the QB that year that the Patriots were cheating by communicating with Cassel while the Patriots were on offense. The offensive coordinator always told him where to throw the ball while the play was unfolding in front of him from the press box. I heard the NFL found out about this later, and did nothing to Belicheat or the Cheatriots. Did I believe this story at 1st NO. Do I believe it now hell yes what else could explain how well a back up QB could of played that well that year. Man I freaking hate that team, and their CHEATING ass afraid to lose like a man coach. I can only wonder when this franchise will start to decline, ans the arrogant head coach quits in disgrace. I believe they still do it on occasions, and the league turns the other way. What else can explain how their always so good each, and every year with different players. I cannot wait until we wipe our feet with this hated cheating team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Matt Cassel was released by the Chiefs
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 16, 2013 07:48AM

he signed with the vikings 2 minutes later

btw the story makes abosultely no sense. the pats were busted for spying BEFORE cassell ever took a snap. So, the spying was over. Plus, you really think a pro QB is having someone in the press box telling him "throw it there" while he is back to pass? come on man. Cassell had a good year because the Pats had incredible weapons around him. When he went to KC with crap players his true (lack of) ability came thru. Simple as that

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 16, 2013 08:51AM

Great post, Finshady and I hate the Patsies as much as you.

However, I also remember (although I ain't saying I feel sorry for them) that for most of the timespan between 1966 to present, which represents the entire existence of the AFL/AFC, the Patsies were the bitches for every other team in the NFL, including the four straight AFC Championships won by the Bills.

So they HAD TO, by sheer passage of time, SOMEDAY have their little moment in the sun. But I think it's over now.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 16, 2013 09:10AM

Cassel got a hefty paycheck when he left the Pats if I do recall, I don't remember what it was though. Funny how KC is still grabbing recycled QB's instead of drafting their own. That team seems to be a curse for QB's. It'll be interesting to see if Smith can turn things around for them. He's more proven than Cassel was IMO. Maybe they should have stuck with the spread and kept Tyler Thigpen instead of going after Cassel. Dude was a gunslinger as their starter.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: March 16, 2013 10:57AM

Really the was an SI article that said the Cheatriots were busted, and the league swept it under the rug. So now tell me who is making stuff up. How does a player that can't even start for his college team have that great of a season without cheating. Another point has he been that good since? Now ask yourself why?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.